You have 16 Days Until Your Place of Business is Shut Down

You have 16 Days Until Your Place of Business is Shut Down
RE: You have 30 Days Until Your Place of Business is Shut Down
(03-04-2017, 03:55 AM)BreadProduct Wrote: »>Give your master the paper and plug your ears.

You go to where Master is and hand over the paper, moving your hands toward your ears in case she has as loud a reaction as you did. She starts reading...

(03-04-2017, 06:47 PM)infuriatingCrimson Wrote: »>Hey, it's not all bad! After all, perhaps if you plead with the king or that appointed official of the state, they will put you with a REAL master who actually knows how to run an alchemy shop. Who knows, maybe one day people will be calling you "Sarah, the Master Alchemist"!

It doesn't sound like a bad idea, except that there are no other alchemy shops in this town. You've checked, in the midst of efforts to sneak off and do alchemy on your own or such, and honestly it's difficult to prove alchemy is even real around here aside from various historical and anecdotal accounts of it being used in the past. It just seems like nobody uses it around here except for Master...except that, well, she doesn't.

"Oh, is that all?" says Master, offering you the paper back. "What're you doin' with your hands, silly?"
"What do you mean is that all? They're gonna kick us out!" You are too busy waving your arms around to take the paper back.
"No they're not. They just want some free labor." She halfway tosses it at you and you have to flail a bit to catch it.
"Uh..you'll get paid and.." interjects the knight. "Actually, you guys sort this stuff out and like...I'll be at the castle whenever someone wants to go over the details." She heads out the door before any objections can be raised.

"An-yway," says Marie, "did you even read the whole thing?"
"Mostly...?" You squint at the finer print again. "It's just a lot of complicated phrasing."
"Well, I think this is a perfectly good opportunity!" she says cheerily. "It doesn't look like they really expect too much, so I'm sure you can take care of it."
"Um, take care of..?" You think she expects you to have figured out something you haven't yet.
Marie puts her fists on her hips. "You do still wanna learn alchemy, right?"
"Yeah..."
"So this is a perfect time to do that! Lots of motivation," she grins. "You go get the details from the nice knight and I'll start setting things up here."
"Um, okay."
"And change your clothes first!" she adds, pointing up at you with a slight frown. "Your complexion looks horrible without bright colors to complement it. People are gonna think I let you get sick or something."

You've changed into something disgustingly frilly enough to please your guardian and stepped outside before you realize this is just another instance of her making you do what should be her work, for her. Oh well...you still might really get to learn alchemy this way! Trying to hold on to that positive thought, you start on your way to the castle. You've been near the building before, but never inside...

(Enter [CLASS] [GENDER] [NAME] for another character.)

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: You have 30 Days Until Your Place of Business is Shut Down - by Xindaris - 03-06-2017, 04:36 PM