The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Quote:This would only work if Adler does get to make a statement. Maybe in this court, he'll only be permitted to answer given questions.

Or maybe not allowed to defend himself at all. Or maybe they'll determine his guilt by looking by the palm of his hand.

If you go out of your way to come up with a scenario that only allow for a single outcome, that outcome will happen and if the court is rigged so well in such a way he can only be found guilty then he'll be found guilty, sure.

I was just pointing that assuming a system that allow a modicum of defense (or rather int he more likely case that for as kafkaian and rigged I expect this kangoroo court to be, there'll still be an oversight due incompetence) THEN telling the truth should have a lot more weight than it should in, say, a lowfolk court that is all.

Quote:Also, remember that he was caught red-handed stealing Vulpitanian state property.

Oh yes, of that he is definitively guilty, no question. But the charge he was arrested for is treason againt the empire, not thievery.

Quote:I'm assuming that this whole court case is a sham meant to get rid of Adler. We don't know yet who is behind it

The Queen certainly seems a good bet. Although it's doubtfull things will be that simple.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by smuchmuch - 02-13-2017, 12:29 PM