"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares

"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
Ah, dreams. I have a lot of dreams, none too pleasant usually, but I still consider them fondly. The experience is unique of course and the relief you get waking up from a nightmare is almost palpable.

Just last night I dreamed about my old school. The day had ended but instead of heading outside to go home, everybody was heading for one of the three assembly halls to go to their lockers. Here in Ireland we don't have the classic full-length school lockers, but banks of smaller boxes maybe just a foot across and a foot in height with enough depth for all the books etc. Small lockers. So anyway, the people all opened their lockers and, one by one, started breaking their own bones. Snapping elbows, twisting kneecaps and arching spines until they snapped. Then they began to sort of push themselves into the lockers with these jerky, claymation movements, pausing to pop of a joint out of place or bend fingers back beyond their housing. The sound was the worst thing about it, all that splintering and crunching echoing around the otherwise empty assembly hall. Finally, when the last of them had crawled in (they all faced outwards I should mention) the locker doors swung shut and locked of their own accord, leaving me alone in the building. Then I woke up.

Of course it was frightening, but looking back on it as on a lot of my dreams, I'm almost glad it was so vivid because such alien experiences can only be found in dreams like that. It was so real I could practically close my eyes and see it now. I have a lot of dreams, basically one every night, so I won't go on and post them all. If anybody would like to hear some more or if I have an especially crazy one then I'll report back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares - by E-Claire - 10-05-2012, 07:33 PM