The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
"Dammit!" Robyn grumbled as she stepped out. "This whole thing's gettin' in the way of our next heist!"
"True, madam," Rupert replied, pulling some moneybags out of the back. "But it also presents an intriguing opportunity."
"Whaddaya mean?" Bobby asked. "And what are you doing with the loot?"
"It is highly unlikely that a battle in an entirely new world will accept any currency from our world," Rupert replied. "We will be better off clearing space for new acquisitions."
Bobby scratched his head.
"Robyn, honey," he asked, "what'd Rupert just say?"
Robyn sighed.
"It's simple, dear," she grumbled. "Just like you. See, what Rupert's getting at is, there's new loot to steal in this kingdom. So he's making room for it all."
"Oh!" Bobby beamed. "Great idea, glad I thought of it. So, uh, what are we stealin'?"
"Daddy, weren't you paying attention to the mysterious voice?" Roberta piped up. "He said the castle has some Element things. I don't know what those are, but Mr. Fluffertail says they're probably really valuable!"
"She's got a point," Robespierre commented, searching through his pockets. "Even if we can't do much with these Elements, I bet the king would pay a good price to get them back."
"Smart thinkin', kids," Robyn said proudly. "But we're gettin' a little ahead of ourselves. We'll need to know the lay of the land first. Can't even see the castle from here! And we've got no idea where they keep the goods, or how well they're guarded."
"I concur, madam," Rupert agreed, putting down the last bag of loot. "I believe preliminary scouting is in order."
"Right. Rupert, you disguise yourself as a local... wait, no, we don't know what they wear. Okay, Robespierre, you're good at staying hidden. We need you to go find a local and see what they wear, then come back and tell Rupert. Maybe grab an outfit while you're at it, just don't get caught."
"Got it, mom," the teenage thief replied. "Should be easy enough." He ran off.
"That's a good boy. Now, we've also got this whole battle to deal with. Roberta, honey?"
"Yes, mom?"
"Do you think you... I mean, Mr. Fluffertail... could get into that robot city's systems? That could give us a real leg up on the competition."
"Well, Mr. Fluffertail would have to actually get a closer look at their systems," Roberta said thoughtfully. "They might be really hard to figure out. But he thinks it's worth a try, at the very least he'll probably be able to give us visuals from some of their optical sensors."
"Good." Robyn then sighed as she saw her husband's puzzled expression. "That means we'll be able to see what they see."
"Oh! I get it. Mr. Fluffertail's real smart, pumpkin. I'm sure he can figure it out, with your help anyways."
Roberta beamed.
"Thanks, Daddy! I'll do my best!"
"Great." Robyn looked around thoughtfully. "So here's what we're doing. Rupert, you wait back here for Robespierre, then head out in disguise. Tell him to come along with you. Meanwhile, I'm going to drive Roberta and Mr. Fluffertail around to find the city; shouldn't be too hard to spot. Bobby, you're coming with us, just in case there's trouble."
"What are you talking about, honey?" Bobby said with a grin. "Of course there's going to be trouble! And that trouble's name is the 24-7 Gang!"
Robyn laughed.
"Well said, darling. Now let's roll!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs - by Dragon Fogel - 09-18-2012, 04:15 AM
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam) - by Dragon Fogel - 09-21-2012, 03:40 AM