Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe
RE: Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe
(01-08-2017, 09:29 PM)So_Spooky Wrote: »
(01-08-2017, 08:32 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »okay, so what's the actual scenario we're supposed to be giving suggestions for

That's a good question given the standard format for the forum. I figured it would be just a little condescending to reply to it in-character as part of the next update, and also it's going to take a little time to finish the next panels anyway.
The short answer is that there isn't one. My intent here is to make a story about telling stories, hence the name of the thing and also the framing device on top of a literal framing device and the absence of a fourth wall. I decided to do it here because I think interactivity in the form of probing questions and the like adds a lot to the tone of a story about stories and also keeps me/the characters on-task. Even if it isn't strictly necessary since the events of the stories being told are predetermined in-universe (in reality they may not be. I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants here.)
So I guess I'm attempting to use the audience as a literary device and haven't figured out how to do it anywhere else/in another format. Uh, so yeah... That's the long answer. Hopefully we can have fun with this silly experiment until one side or the other gets bored with it.

i get that + i'm 100% on-board with the meta regression thing, that's extremely my shit

but what i meant by "actual scenario we're supposed to be giving suggestions for" was about the interactivity: if you're going to end the update and throw it to the readers, it's generally good form to always either end on a prompt (even an outright question) or give us an open-ended possibility space (think problem sleuth's office) so that we have something to work with, and what you've done here is you've stopped us in a timeless vacuum with only a character name and an adjective to go off of

only i put it like a glib asshole because i was also in-character (as opposed to now which is more real talk) and i thought it'd work as a good lead-in for mea establishing the scenario-within-the-scenario

Messages In This Thread
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by tronn - 01-01-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by Kíeros - 01-03-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by tronn - 01-05-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe - by ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 01-08-2017, 10:10 PM