Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framing Device - Chapter 1: The Arachophobe
RE: Framing Device - Chapter 1: Choose a Story
(01-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Smurfton Wrote: »Sure!
My vote goes to Arachophobe (sic).

Can't you break through that wall in less than 100 years?

[Image: QZEXGfs.png]

Stranger: "Hm, well I'm not fixing it now. I guess that's her actual title."

You laugh at The Stranger.

Stranger: "Also, nah. They mix in ground-up dragon bones before they fire the bricks. I'd need a magic pickaxe or... hammer... or something. Zeta station protects magic artifacts with tech, this one protects tech with magic shit. It's a thing."

(01-06-2017, 05:03 PM)Tim Tesy Wrote: »what is a Moctis's Black Heart?

I vote for who ever is voted most

Stranger: "Shit, my bad. I thought you guys were travelers too, but I guess this fucking thing could be transmitting anywhere if it can penetrate the envelope. Alright, well when Neb explained this shit to me she insisted I look at the math and learn meta-orbital theory and mechanics but fuck that noise, right? I'll metaphor it for you, but just keep in mind that it's complicated and mentally append shit with 'theoretically infinite' literally anywhere you can make it fit."

She takes a deep breath before continuing. Which you think is just another affectation because she might be a robot? You're honestly not sure.

Stranger: "So I don't know who the fuck Moctis actually is, but the multiverses in this sector are all thematically similar, and feature protagonist families in various states of dysfunction. Also about half of them are haunted by a gaggle of spirits that do nothing but laugh and laugh and laugh. It's pretty fucking creepy to be honest...

"Anyway, those multiverses all orbit something dark and massive and terrible. No one who has ever gotten close enough to figure out what it might actually be has come back alive and sane. But before you get to the death-barrier there is an envelope of brilliant white light that obscures all known forms of communication... except for this stupid thing.

"So that's where this station sits. Somewhere in the spatially dubious region between the obscuring envelope and the zone of death and madness. Questions?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by tronn - 01-01-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by Kíeros - 01-03-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Framing Device - It's a Prologue - by tronn - 01-05-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: Framing Device - Chapter 1: Choose a Story - by So_Spooky - 01-07-2017, 12:33 AM