Webcomic Deer Rectory

Webcomic Deer Rectory
RE: Webcomic Deer Rectory
I suppose you have to complement Hussie's ability to work a crowd. I mean, by starting the kickstarter at this juncture of the process, people aren't funding some hypothetical homestuck game, they're funding their hypothetical homestuck game. The term "adventure game" is such a broad genre that the final product would literally be any style of game.

By giving absolutely no specifics, other than generic promises of "quality" (but honestly, since when has the size of your budget seriously correlated to quality of gameplay?) Hussie has managed to maximize the potential income from the kickstarter. Can you imagine how many people would forgo their backing if it was revealed that the entire game was going to be Pixel-art? Have quick-time events? At the moment, when someone invests their $15 or $100 or whatever, there is always a little part in the back of their mind that says "maybe it will be like this", and that is the exact same part that will be disappointed when Andrew Hussie releases clips of Green-Slime Racing Extreme. Whatever this game turns out to be, it will be exactly like his Olive Garden fiascos. Money is given by people on a large scale, with a purpose in mind, and that purpose is ignored in favor of whatever he feels like doing.

But yeah I do really hope it all turns into a cheap dating sim, with clips of 3d animation by that one korean company that does the news.

Messages In This Thread
Webcomic Deer Rectory - by OTTO - 05-02-2009, 05:31 AM