The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
RE: The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
The monstrosity descended with an ominous hum, which didn’t really bother Eryntse until she realized it sounded more feminine and lively than a conventional engine. It was vaguely ship-like in the distance and as it came close, it was most definitely a ship? Uh? Yay?

Eryntse honestly found it hard to call it a ship. There was a sleek-like quality to it that reminded her more of an enormous monster-whale, erratic fins included, than a ship fantastic. Plus, the planks in this ship appeared to be monsters, whole-ones that are somehow squished into two-by-four rectangles. Some of planks are wriggling – no, struggling! – in ways that made her think of the disturbing implications involved in the production of this war-crimes vehicle. The entire aesthetic of the atrocity reminded her of a many-layered cake, if the cake could levitate and was entirely made out of meat.

It was really gross, to be honest.

There was some douchebag observing them, not that Eryntse – with her underdeveloped propensity for malice – had a capacity to call him that. The combination of monocle, goatee, and white gloves screamed supervillain, a ridiculous impression if it were not for the fact he looked forward to the possibility of murdering each and every one of them on the castle, nice and slow.

“Is this really necessary?” Eryntse asked somewhat naively. She felt pretty dumb saying that, and even dumber for hoping that there is some part of him would heed her sincerity, leave everyone alone, and maybe go on a redemption quest or something.

Talis responded with a disgusted expression and fiddling with something in his hands. Planks peeled partway off the whaleship and its shaped squashed and deformed, reconstituting into monster heads of all shapes and sizes. “kiillllllll me,” an extremely anguished-looking gargoyle managed to choke out before she and the others upchucked raw magic of all types and colors onto the tower.

Eryntse instinctively coiled from the roiling salvo. Her first instinct was to hide in the nearest excuse of a shelter, which harmonized horribly with her objective to save Blitz. She soon realized it was a bad idea to dawdle on priorities when the floor gave away to empty air. This is the worst! Eryntse whined introspectively as the sensation of freefall enveloped her. The place is so dangerous. The weather is so bad. The people are so…mean. She was so preoccupied with the cruelty of the world and her inability to save Blitz that she didn’t realize a certain balloon was floating towards her.

---

Scarlet/“Sen” was a little annoyed that a good chunk of the castle was completely disintegrated, especially since she had fancied taking the place to herself, maybe spruce it up with a new coat of paint, or even install a few personal renovations, but she had bigger fish to fry. The emptiness of the surroundings didn’t really bother her too much, even with two losers (Violet and Sruix) on her back, especially since she was – for the lack of the better word – “vine-surfing.” The stalk, anchored to the ruins of the castle, extended beneath each clawed step. Her makeshift staircase rapidly stretching towards the whaleship. She felt giddy with power and warm with the satisfaction at her own cleverness. This body was so awesome.

“I hate this,” Jacob said as he was getting the most intense cardio of his life, much to the sadistic glee of Senlet. She hoped (just a little) he would pass out and fall down because it would be hilarious.

“Haha, your legs are so short.”

“Well, that’s because you’re a bloody—incoming bastard.”

The whaleship burst out of the grey mists, revealing a horrified and definitely alive mermaid princess attached to the peak of the hull like a figurehead. The ship made a wide turn, exposing the broadside. A multitude of monster heads proceeded to pop out like earthworms after a heavy rain. There was a multitude of “i’m sorry i’m sorry i’m sorry” overlapping each other like a disgustingly pitiful chorus. The chorus crescendo’d into a much less pleasant noise of hacking and belching as yet another wave of wild arcane energy bathed the vines.

The magic harmlessly went past them and around them, disintegrating the vines. Of course, Talis would target at the vines. The pragmatism of those actions was almost admirable if the gravity of the situation wasn’t so concerning. As the whaleship disappeared into the clouds, Senlet thoughtfully tapped at her chin, deaf to the screaming and profanities of her two passengers plus a bearded swordsman. She couldn’t think of any immediate Good Ideas (or Bad Ideas, as Violet called them). This was concerning.

It was small mercy that for all the fantastical things that happen in Magpie Skies, the native gravity ensured the same rate of downwards acceleration, whether you were a gaggle of wayward gladiators or a corpse of a certain dragon rapidly coming to view. It grew larger and larger until it was comfortably level with the falling party. The mountain of worm-food looked worse for wear, what with the onset rigor mortis, multiple stab wounds, and the missing eye. However, Scarlet was getting Good Ideas, really Good Ideas.

Violet realized that but didn’t look happy at the realization.

“Jacob! You jackass! Get us over there!”

Jacob rolled his eyes, not even giving Sen a courtesy of a dirty look. However, Sen knew Jacob had the wisdom to realize that a single bad idea was better than no ideas at all, especially in the face of immediate death. “Fine, get into a circle. Tell campfire stories. Sing happy songs.”

The members linked hands together, much to the reluctance of pretty much everyone.

---

A flash of chrono-cyan wreathed around the dragon’s head, rattling as though it was in throes of supernatural possession. The entirety of the dragon was wrapped in and warped by alien foliage. Bones creaked and snapped as the vines readjusted them to relative normalcy. Gelatinous mushroom-caps interlocked like scales over bald patches. A sheen of algae weaved between the tears of wing-membranes. There was a sickly green mist as something ugly and poisonous gurgled in its throat. The final product was almost aesthetically pleasing, a perfect synergy between life and death.

Senlet was filled with sharp-feeling glee. Her compatriots felt otherwise.

Sruix looked a little green around the gills. “I…I have no words.”

God! I’m tired.” Jacob groused, he flumphed on a patch of wet moss.

“Scarlet,” Violet mumbled not-so-approvingly, pinching her temples. “I can’t believe you are puppeteering Midnight Queen’s corpse like a freaking cart. I mean I know she was a complete and actual monster but seriously?”

“Eh, the corpse wasn’t going to be useful otherwise. Also, she’s a dick.”

“Fair enough…” Violet didn’t really sound too convinced. “I guess.”

Soon, a red balloon with a saggy-pink sausage erratically bobbed into view. It’s Merlot! And Eryntse, she guessed. Merlot bobbed haphazardly, straining visibly. She unceremoniously dumped the creature along with the others, temporarily misbalancing the precarious stability of the dragon. Scarlet could feel her pin-teeth rattle as the entirety of the corpse wobbled like a weed-decorated aspic.

“’Ey, Scarlet,” Merlot nodded a telepathic greeting. “Lady’s sad.”

“I need a hug…” Eryntse wheedled.

“Oh for fuck’s sake—“ Sen wasn’t too happy about the additional passenger. “SRUIX, COMFORT HER.”

Sruix reluctantly sidled close and hugged Eryntse, who proceeded to hug him back with all six pairs of her arms and bawl wet, fat tears. The former grandmaster awkwardly patted on (what was probably the equivalent of) her shoulder.

“Uh, there, there, it’s okay to let it out,” it was obvious that Sruix had little experience on how to comfort giant pink worms. “It’s okay to be sad.”

“UGH,” Jacob kicked his legs in frustration and covered his eyes with the crook of his elbow. “Let’s go see if him dying ends the round, huh?”

The plant-dragon-zombie lurched forward, dribbling acid and shedding leaves. Like the world’s most horrifying tortoise, it slowly and steadily ambled into the clouds, almost eager to meet an equally horrifying abomination as a worthy opponent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies) - by Pharmacy - 11-30-2016, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM