Post making contest 6.0

Post making contest 6.0
RE: Post making contest
This is update #268.
  • Day 26: I am just going to jump straight back into things and pretend I can remember exactly what was going on. Nothing bad can come of this.
  • apparently it is possible to proceed to the serving stage with an uncooked burger so when I accidentally selected one that was being grilled, not the one that had just finished, I may have made a noise
  • also sodas continue to be thoroughly irksome so guess what's coming off the menu for the first time ever
  • Day 27: because it would feel wrong not to serve any drink whatsoever, I've shelled out for beer. This will go swimmingly.
  • 11 people ordered beer during the lunchtime rush hour. The hour between 12pm and 1pm. Huh.
  • (and yeah I fucked up one of them had a bit of an overspill going on whoospie)
  • the new catering event is pretzels (yep), corndogs (yep) and... lasagne? uh
  • am I brave enough to do the drinks catering event now I have had the beer for one day
  • NAILED IT (+$675 dollars for 27/27 perfect orders)
  • Day 28: the concept of the daily special terrifies me but I invested in it anyway with my beer money and so yep making beer the first daily special
  • I am slowly turning into a Wetherspoons and somehow that's okay
  • x60 COMBO PERFECT DAY
  • Day 29: x68 COMBO PERFECT DAY BOO-YA (note to self: salads are a great dish of the day)
  • Day 30: Crazy Dave wants me to get a x20 perfect combo with sodas and salads on my menu... or, in other words, do what I did pretty much every day for the first 25 days. Bingo.
  • x63 COMBO PERFECT DAY SUCK IT CRAZY DAVE
  • Day 31: I need to complete another catering challenge in the next couple of days, so it's time for PSCRPSCRPSCR
  • (that's the lasagne sound)
  • (because it's the sequence of presses you need for the basic recipe)
  • (and Nilesy used to say it out loud)
  • dear lord that is a deceptively difficult sequence of key presses to nail so uh I am not doing that catering event until I've had some more practice methinks
  • Day 32: ONLY ONE AVERAGE ORDER TODAY I'M IMPROVING
  • except the lasagne now has menu rot so welp
  • Day 33: Crazy Dave reckons I can't manage a x22 perfect combo just straight up no constraints re: food on menu or anything UH HUH UH HUH
  • x70 COMBO PERFECT DAY IN YOUR FACE CRAZY DAVE
  • (this is despite me having fed my Neko Atsume cats during the in-game afternoon; that was a fun beer pull...)
  • Day 34: I have an inspection due so I daren't reintroduce the lasagne just yet...
  • okay so when you occasionally have to "thumbs up" the instragram-esque photos your customers have taken in order to get bonus buzz, it makes them by combining a random pic of something on your menu with one of a set of captions and so today I liked two pics of beer tankards captioned "A++ would eat again"
  • x63 COMBO PERFECT DAY
  • Day 35: okay fine lasagne give me your worst
  • x66 COMBO PERFECT DAY THAT WAS FUNDAMENTALLY NOT YOUR "WORST"
  • Day 36: have I mentioned how amazing the spam mail in this game is yet
  • Dennis and Leo have the best passive-agressive thing going on oh my goodness
  • the fifth catering event is nachos and ice cream, the former of which I do not possess
  • but I feel ready to tackle the one that features lasagne so here goes
  • "I put out a survey for what kind of foods people wanted for our next Employee Appreciation Party, and the results are all over the place. So I'm mixing it up and giving them what they didn't ask for! It'll be great!" WELL THAT EXPLAINS WHY I'M SERVING CORNDOGS, PRETZELS AND LASAGNE AT THE SAME TIME
  • oh my goodness that was *intense*
  • but I served 36 people and made $900 holler holler serve lasagne get dollar
  • I thought I could handle making burgers the daily special. I had forgotten how you can serve uncooked meat if you hit the wrong number key goddammit
  • Day 37: the daily fortune I got in my spam this morning said that I should avoid eagles today - hell no...
  • WHAT THE FUCK NACHOS HOW ARE YOU SO COMPLICATED
  • NONE OF YOUR KEY BINDINGS MAKE SENSE
  • well I mean pizza has two pages of ingredients too but at least they're labelled fairly nicely so guess I'm forking out for this instead
  • uh I said that but it turns out I had not fully internalised the fact that sausage was M (for, um, meat, presumably?) but fortunately the fella who wanted sausage on his pizza came in at 11am so I literally had the time to sit there and figure it out
  • thus I got a x72 COMBO PERFECT DAY
  • Day 38: Crazy Dave wants to bet me $300 that I can't make more than $500 today (excluding tips) - this presumably also excludes the money I'm gonna make when I win this bet...
  • days where I've got both beer and fried chicken on the menu are fun because after a while I start trying to serve beer with the P key
  • beer key presses: hold down, then enter
  • fried chicken key presses: hold down, then P, then enter
  • SEE MY PROBLEM?
  • anyway x71 COMBO PERFECT DAY
End of message.

Messages In This Thread