A Grand Battle

A Grand Battle
A Grand Battle
Solitary in an otherwise empty dimension stands a vast and wondrous palace with gleaming spires reaching up into the heavens. This palace is rendered from the finest of materials, it’s every room and every hallway immaculately decorated with the most exquisite silken tapestries, the most luxurious furniture and massive ten feet high statures wrought from materials that in most universes don’t even exist. But before a hypothetical person managed to navigate their way through these corridors to the throne room that lay at its heart, there was a ripple in the fabric of reality; a wave behind which the palace was no more. In its place there was a simplistic wooden treehouse built in the highest boughs of a towering tree. Its furniture was made from wood and woven straw and through the windows it was possible to see a spectrum of colour reflected in the leaves of the enormous tree. In the place wherein you would expect there to be a throne room there is a large room with a balcony at one end allowing the beautiful dawn light to stream in.

And there is a man with long brown hair tied into dreadlocks a pair of sunglasses and necklaces and bracelets decked with beads and crystals and he is looking out at the sunrise. This is the Indecisive, though this form is as transient as the rest of his realm. He is troubled. He says so himself.

“I find myself troubled.” He says. “Like so many others I wish to run a Grand Battle, but I find myself unable. My very nature; the inherent transience of my moods and desires means that every step forwards is two steps back. Try as I might I just cannot organise a battle, which is of course why I have drawn you here.”

He turns to face you, brushes some hair from his eye.

“I cede the creative process to you. I shall function as a Grandmaster in authority alone; a sort of figurehead so to speak.” He paused. “Name me this battle and find me some battlers to participate in it, and do so quickly before my mind is changed for me once more.”

Show Content

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
A Grand Battle - by Ixcaliber - 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: A Grand Battle - by Ixcaliber - 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: A Grand Battle - by Dragon Fogel - 07-10-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: A Grand Battle - by Schazer - 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: A Grand Battle - by TheBoyd - 07-11-2012, 12:18 AM
RE: A Grand Battle - by chimericgenderbeast - 07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
RE: A Grand Battle - by Not The Author - 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: A Grand Battle - by AgentBlue - 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: A Grand Battle - by Godbot - 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM