This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
Okay, I know I said I would stop, but now I have a serious problem here. You seem to interpret everything absolutely literally. "Can you" can absolutely be a request. Wonderful thing about language. It's malleable. It doesn't have to exclusively mean one thing and one thing only. When I say "Hey, can you help me with something?" I don't necessarily mean "If you are able to, you must help me" I mean "If you are okay with it, then you can help me."

Likewise, when I said I'm "not thinking about being polite" it doesn't mean i'm striving to be rude and completely disregarding the other person. It means that first on my mind is the subject at hand. Asking for help. Which, yes, is not about the other person. How selfish of me.

And no, you haven't specifically called me a dick, but it sure feels like you're trying to imply such a thing. Or trying to make me look like one. I don't give a fuck how important you think the word 'please' is, but I certainly care that you're interpreting my words in such a way that both suits your needs and kind of pisses me off.

Oh and I like how you've got an edit in there basically saying HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STOP THIS ARGUMENT EARLY, I HAVE ISSUE WITH YOUR ENDING OF THIS. No, it doesn't make it immune to scrutiny, but let's go back to the issue of politeness. I wanted to drop it. You didn't.

So could we please just drop this bullshit?

Messages In This Thread
[SERIOus] - by g0m - 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs - by Robust Laser - 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
can you form a cohesive thought? - by Norivia - 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM
a52's Ear Infection Adventure - by a52 - 10-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Goodbye - by Reyweld - 04-11-2020, 04:41 AM