Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
SpoilerShow

Madeline took off running, her body pulsing as if she was made of electricity. Oh damn! That was a real bullet! She thought, I’m being shot at! Why? Another bullet fired off in her direction. She dove and slid behind the shelf of weapons.

“Madeline! Stay down!” Yelled Rex. Madeline could barely hear it, but Rex commanded Thompson, “Turn the course up to 10.” Rex jumped off the platform without even touching the stairs. “Hernandez! Stop this!” he roared.

The speaker blared once more: Maneuverability Exercise: Difficulty 10 and the entire room shifted, more platforms were raised and more turrets were revealed, but on this difficulty, panels started consistently rotating and a maze-like labyrinth was formed. The whole room looked like a mario level from hell.

She took a peek out from behind the weapons shelf to see what was happening. The change in the room’s geography had forced the Major to reroute, taking a less direct path to Madeline. Rex was hot on her tail, but his order to increase the course’s difficulty made it harder for him to catch up, his large size making him a constant target for the turrets. He charged at the major, who didn’t fire at him. It appeared as if he meant to grab her, but a projectile hit him right in the face in the last moment, and his charge turned into a tackle which sent the major flying, and Rex toppling to the ground. The major picked herself up, turning towards Madeline.

Madeline ducked back behind her cover. There has to be something here in this shelf full of weapons that can help me, she thought. And then she saw it, a handgun at the bottom of the shelf. She didn’t know the second thing about guns, (everyone knows that the first thing about guns is you point it at what you want to shoot and pull the trigger, and Madeline knew that much at least) but her life was being endangered and this was her best recourse.

She grabbed it, and took a deep breath. Knowing she would probably only get one good shot out, so she had to make it count. She leaned around the corner, pointed at the major and pulled the trigger, only hearing a forced click. Damn! Remembering that most guns have safeties, Madeline ducked back behind the cover. She found the safety switch on the side of the pistol and flipped it back. Madeline closed her eyes and made a quick prayer to get out of this alive, leaned around the shelf once more. The major was still, looking towards rex, so she took her opportunity and fired.

The gun released the full force, and having never had used a firearm before, Madeline’s faulty technique caused the gun to recoil right back into her face. It hurt more than anything else in that day, and she knew it was going to leave a nasty bruise. Her body wanted to give up and she would have passed out if it wasn’t for all the adrenaline coursing through her brain. She dropped the gun, and it slid out from the safety of the cover.

Rex roared “Maddie! you're looking for the wrong kind of weapon! You have an ability that can stop Hernandez in her tracks, I know it! Somewhere in that shelf, there is something that’s calling to you. Listen for a tool that can focus that power, and use that.”

She had to 'listen' fast, because she would only have a few moments until the Major rounded the corner and would have a clear shot on her.

SpoilerShow
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe

Messages In This Thread
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 06-18-2016, 02:53 PM