Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief

A flurry of thoughts shot through Madeline’s head as she fell, racking her memory for any place to reach to or somewhere to wedge the bat into that could break her fall. She even briefly wondered if she could get hit by another projectile, knocking her back upwards, which probably wasn’t even physically possible. She looked towards the three on the platform, just hoping they would do something, but the only one who looked concerned was Rex, as he gripped the side of the console digging into it with his claws. She closed her eyes and braced for impact, and then, much like the situation that occured only a half hour earlier with the ship, calm washed over Madeline.

And then she was on the ground. She opened her eyes and looked up at the platform above her. I fell from that height? She thought it was almost comedic.

“Stay where you are Madeline, don’t move.” Thompson urged Madeline over the speaker. “You’ll be relocated to the medbay, you likely broke your legs from a fall like that.”

She actually did hurt pretty badly, but it was from the beating she took by projectiles. Madeline barely felt like she fell ten feet, and certainly did not feel like she fell from the sixty foot drop from the platform overhead. She decided not to listen to Dr. Thompson’s words and stood up. She briefly expected to be overcome with an immense delayed pain and fall over, but no such reaction occurred.

Even from her position, below the observation platform Madeline could hear them speak amongst themselves.

“Jesus Christ” said Thompson, no longer talking over the speaker.

Madeline couldn’t see the giant lizard-man from her perspective but she recognized Rex’s voice, “That’s confirmation, right? It has to be.”

“I mean, probably.. but it’s Inconclusive. Usually we would have picked something up on the scanners. If it was an ability, it manifested inwardly, so there’s no data to prove it.” Said Thompson. “A healing factor, maybe?.. Major, where are you going?”

“This is the sixth attempt already. I’m done with this.”

The stairs activated and protruded out from the wall. The major stood at the precipice of the observation deck, her gun out of the holster, aimed right at Madeline. She charged right towards the girl and fired, a bullet sailing right through Madeline’s hair as the gunshot echoed through the immense room. “I’m going to solve this one way or another.”
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe

Messages In This Thread
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 06-12-2016, 01:43 PM