Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [there are two]
(06-06-2016, 08:13 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Jarod: "Yes. Yes it was. But only for us. If there was some kind of multidimensional group of people observing the events of our lives it could have taken MONTHS for this to happen. I guess we should be glad that we perceive our time in a linear fashion."
(06-07-2016, 04:47 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »^Yes.
>So, if Zettai can hear this, I would like to apologize for our behavior when you first met Jarod.

"Not necessarily, I mean, j-just from our perspective. If someone didn't e-e-experience time the same way as us..." Jarod trails off, not entirely sure why he decided to pursue this topic in the first place. "Uh...we should talk insde."
"Sure, sure." He lets the two of them into his library-slash-antechamber.

"So..how much do you, know already?" the old one asks, a little nervously.
"Your problem has to do with that person's brain," she says, rather than answering. The response implies that the answer is 'quite a lot', however. When the old man looks at Jarod, she adds, "It's not his fault. I have some power over minds that I can't help using sometimes. Anyway, I should be able to wake her up if enough of the brain is intact...especially if it's someone whose mind I have seen whole before."
"Oh...really? That's wonderful!" He goes from suspicious to elated in a couple of seconds. It's unclear to Jarod whether Zettai used some mental influence to help him do that or he's just that eager to make progress with his work. "Let's go down right away then, there's not a moment to lose!"

He opens the secret door and hurries down the stairs a little faster than seems healthy for someone his apparent age. Zettai follows straight after, subtly floating an inch or so off of each stair instead of exerting her legs and leaving Jarod to carefully toe his way down the narrow spiral again.
By the time he makes it down, the old man has pulled the sheets off of his "patient's" upper body. "I am glad I made an effort to get her decent the other day," he's saying, "with all the visitors. More than we've had in the months I was...well, anyway. Do you see anything?"
"Sssh. Lemme concentrate for a minute." The wolf-man quietly steps inside while the cloaked woman carefully places a hand on the sleeping figure's forehead. It is a woman, or at least several different pieces of different women. Well, the old man informed Jarod that he never could find a good female left arm so he used the best-matching male one he could find and decided to make do. The individual pieces are held together with some combination of medical stitches and very out-of-place-looking metal; apparently the bones have bolts and the nerves have wires, though that's taking the reconstructor's word for it. Her upper-left head does have a large visible chunk of skull replaced by a metal plate, however, which is more or less bolted on; Jarod had to hold that plate while he put the brain in. That was fun. The ear on that side is human, the other one is furry and pointy, but rather ragged, enough to be difficult to identify. She is wearing more or less a hospital gown, or at least the budget/used/medieval version therof.

There is a faint purple glow around Zettai's hand and the head, and after a bit she says, "...Well, you're lucky. I happen to know this person very well. In fact, I'm familiar with how she died. You should...get back, she's gonna wake up swinging, like she's still in that fight."
Jarod steps nearly outside the room; the old man takes a far corner on the other side. The faint glow brightens, and Jarod sees something like purple fire from where the Numeral's eyes must be under the cloak. Finally, the amalgamation of people jerks straight up into a sitting postion and immediately starts yelling in panic and swinging her arms around as if wielding a pair of swords. She slows down and quiets after a second, looking around, mismatch-colored eyes focusing on the wolf-man first.
"Who are--where am I?" she demands angrily, but in a hoarse voice that sounds like it's trying to go much louder and higher than it's capable of.

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM