PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}
RE: PersonS {A Correct Guess and a Nameless Band}
Okay, so, I feel like there are less suggestions lately, and I'm concerned that that might be because it's hard to come up with things to say in a conversation? If that's what it is, it may be a problem, since a lot of this adventure is going to be conversations. But I had an idea for a solution: I can change the way that the command prompting works.

Basically, instead of a blank ">" demanding readers come up with everything, I can give a list of options. You don't have to pick one of the options (so you can still suggest whatever you want), and in picking an option you can also suggest something more specific. For example, in conversations the options will be topics to talk about, and a more specific suggestion could be the wording to use in bringing up said topic. The options will be semi-mutually-exclusive depending on the situation. For example, if it's a list of places to spend the afternoon you can only go to one of them at a time. Or if it's a conversation, there's only so much time for each conversation and there's a flow to a conversation so each update would only use the most favored topic options. I'm thinking I'll handle voting as "most people wanted" followed by "first suggested comes first".

So, for the last update, instead of just ">" I would have maybe the following list of options to pick from, things Alvin would think to ask about:
>kind of music the band plays
>Topaz and Pitch are strange names
>reason for Sam's vow of silence
>

How does anyone still reading this adventure feel about this idea?

Messages In This Thread
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by OrangeAipom - 04-30-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by Xindaris - 05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by OrangeAipom - 05-01-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by Xindaris - 05-02-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by AgentBlue - 05-20-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Kíeros - 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Xindaris - 05-21-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: PersonS {A Correct Guess and a Nameless Band} - by Xindaris - 06-09-2016, 05:43 PM