PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}
RE: PersonS {This update is too short for the usual title format}
(05-31-2016, 12:51 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »> Sure, sounds great.

"I'll audit it, then," you decide. Dr. Shoseki nods, and rolls over a bit on his desk to his computer.
"All right. I just need to get all that in the system. Has anyone told you how the schedule works here yet?"
You shake your head no, and he goes on to explain.

"Well, like I said before," he says, while still working on the computer, "there are seven slots for classes. We have four periods that are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and three that are on Tuesday and Thursday, but they're longer. They say it's supposed to help prepare you for college, since college schedules tend to be divided up by days that way, but to be perfectly honest I don't feel it helps too much. Either way, they've been doing it like that since before I started out here." Before long he finishes typing, and a nearby printer you didn't exactly notice before now spits out a piece of paper.

He pulls it out, looks it over, and hands it to you. "Here's your schedule, then. It wasn't too hard to fit things together since a couple of the classes you picked can be anytime. You have a map?" You nod. "Well, classrooms are numbered pretty sensibly; the first number's the floor it's on. Your first class is with Mr. English, I'll drop him an email so he knows to expect you."
"Thank you." You get up to go, and he stands up as well, offering you a hand to shake.
"Don't be a stranger, all right? I stick around about an hour after school lets out, and I do want to know how things are going now and then." You shake his hand and nod. "Actually, you probably should come by this afternoon since I'll have your books for the semster together by then. Or, I suppose you could come pick them up on Monday morning if you'd like." You head off to your first class.

On the way, you have a closer look at your schedule. Your Monday classes are, in order: Programming, Physics (your science course), Psychology, and Piano. Did he do that on purpose or is it just a coincidence? Tuesday and Thursday have English, Precalculus (the math course), and then Archery, which is outside rather than in a class room for reasons you have no trouble guessing at.
It seems like the buildings are arranged roughly by subject. The building your programming class is in obviously has a bunch of math and science courses in it. Mr. English is expecting you by the time you get there; the programming class just has a few rows of desktops. There are only three or four other kids here, including the strange guy who was walking backwards earlier. They all seem busy typing, however, and barely notice you come in. Mr. English quietly gives you an introduction to the course, gives you a few handouts to start with, and tells you to pick a computer. This doesn't seem too hard to you. You manage to get a basic "Hello World" program working in the remainder of the first period.

The physics class is a little behind where you were before, so today's lesson is a bit redundant for you. Orion is also in this class, but nobody else you're too familiar with. You don't really understand what's going on in the Psychology lesson, so you start reading the in-class book from the beginning instead. The teacher doesn't seem to care that you're not exactly paying attention.

After that, you head to the cafeteria for lunch. There are two different lunches; it looks like you have the same lunch as Orion, Nene, and the weird guy. You could try to sit with one of them, or find somewhere to sit by yourself and hope nobody bugs you.

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by OrangeAipom - 04-30-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by Xindaris - 05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by OrangeAipom - 05-01-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by Xindaris - 05-02-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by AgentBlue - 05-20-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Kíeros - 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Xindaris - 05-21-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: PersonS {This update is too short for the usual title format} - by Xindaris - 05-31-2016, 03:53 PM