Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
The dragon makes a sudden dive, much faster than it seems like something that big should be able to move. It caught a couple of Florians who were below it by surprised, too, just straight-up slamming into them, and afterward they seem to be flying about as well as rocks. Another of the advance bunch dives in their direction to try and do something about that, but can't catch up.

ChrisClark13 Wrote:> See if you can wring what your effective range is out of the game mechanicy stuff in your head, start firing when you have a 50% chance to hit.
The Froggy Ninja Wrote:Start Dual Firing Time Arrows and speed them up just before they hit.
martialAcademic Wrote:I was thinking Link could continuously dual fire time arrows and slow them down as much as possible until the dragon comes within range, then bring all of them to normal or faster speed for a one man volley. I'd recommend doing it when there's more of a chance of the shots being effective though.
ideaMaster Wrote:This is a great idea, except that there is no way to aim that far in advance. He would either aim them all in one general direction and risk the dragon never even flying into their path, or fire at a wide area and waist the majority of his arrows. This is some thing we should remember though, it'd make a great combo move with Louis (the guy with the portal sword).

Waiting around to do something is making the fox-boy twitchy. He tries making some plans. Can he double-shoot time arrows? Should he fire a bunch, slow them down, and wait for the dragon to fly into their paths? How likely is it to do that?

He looks directly up, at the sky, and quickly runs some mental calculations. Probability of a hit based on the size of the sky above him versus how much of it the dragon will take up once it's there versus where its purported weak spots are (wings, eyes, mouth? tongue? anywhere on the underbelly? no no no he resembles Smaug but isn't likely to have the same weakness) versus the size of a single arrow--no, the size of 41 arrows, all of them--and...wow, that's a distressingly low number.

If I could guarantee the dragon would move in a certain direction at a certain point in time I could spear its wing with a sudden acceleration. Right? Wait I'm supposed to be drawing its attention. Would that much speed break the arrow like hitting a wall or would it do its job first? The physics are fuzzy when you try and factor in an actually increased time scale instead of a simple increase in velocity. Does the game's systems know what a strong augmented time scale would do or do they just do some assumption-based simulation that monkeys around with percentages of a given base velocity that is based on normal physics to get what the effective velocity is? That's probably what I would do in absence of any experimental data on the effects of extreme time dilation.

Is the arrow going to rot and rust if I speed it up too much? No, the skill has an upper limit, it must, it would have an effective close-to-light speed well before it could do that and a baseball moving at a speed like that would blow up everything and turn the dragon into a radioactive crater. Far beyond overpowered for a level-one skill.

Yes, he can double-shoot time arrows, whatever good that would do. He looks forward again; the dragon is a ways off still. How many arrows could he actually keep suspended at once? There's no immediate internal snap 'yes' or 'no' like the double shot question, he'd probably need to experiment to find that out and there just isn't time for that. How long after being fired can an arrow's time-scale be altered? 'Until it hits something' comes another snap answer. Does it have to come from his bow or could he toss it in the air? 'Yes; no'. Of course, that would be too easy.

The dragon looks pretty close. Is it close enough to shoot yet? 'Maybe'. What is maybe, fifty percent chance to hit? 'Maybe'. That isn't helpful. And now he's more likely to hit the massive swarm of Florians that just started on their way out from above the plateau right now. The swarm makes a hole for another fireball to go through, and he can barely make out the dragon but it's still approaching, arrows raining down from its body as most of them apparently just clink off of its scales like it was made of titanium.

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 01:37 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM