Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
"What are you so nervous about?"
"Err, it's just, I just thought you'd be more upset about not being able to fly for a while."
The winged one shrugs. "I sorta..." the sense of having roleplayed poorly starts to dawn on her before she can finish, but then she has an idea of how to make it all work. "Well, I was actually raised by humans, see."
"Really?"
"Yeah. When I was little I was found by, well, my parents, but not the ones I was born to, and raised in a human village. So most of the people I know can't fly, and walking feels pretty normal to me. I mean, I know how to fly instinctively, but I'm honestly still pretty terrible at landings."
"Oh, I see," says Lysandra, apparently finding this story to make sense.

martialAcademic Wrote:>You could ask if there are any spells she would be willing to cast on you. Having more possible spells is probably a good thing, and you most likely won't be limited by hit points in regards to healing, buff, or utility spells. You could also ask about the Florians (possibly your race) if you offer up that you can't remember much about the world.
ChrisClark13 Wrote:Explain that you can learn spells that are cast on you as well.
Argenteus Wrote:Presumably her healing is how we unlocked the ability to learn mend.
> Ask if she can bring you to someone with more experience dealing with Florians.

It might be too late to pretend to have amnesia. But that's not a bad idea..

"Hmm..speaking of, I guess a, uh, Florian city would be a good place to find someone who knows how to heal my wings. I'm not exactly from around here, so.."

"Oh! Well, there's a city on the cliffs above these very caves, actually," says Lysandra. "All else being equal, I would've assumed you were from there to begin with. It's an awful climb, I hear; they don't exactly maintain the stairs...though, if you can get their attention you might be able to convince someone to just carry you up, in light of the injury."

"By the way, I have sort of an odd request..."
"Hm?"
"Well, I have a bit of a knack for learning spells that have been cast on me. If you know any simple sorts of remedy or healing spells, and it's not too much trouble.."
The woman seems a little surprised by this. "You can learn a spell after seeing it just once?"
"Ssssort of. I have to be the one hit by the spell, and I don't learn it right away. It's hard to explain, and probably more a power I have than my own knowledge, but once a spell's been cast on me I can go back and study how it works well enough to imitate it. It's harder to do the better the spell is. But I only know like, one very weak healing spell right now, and something slightly better would be a lot of help on the road."
"Well, I don't see any harm in helping you learn something that you might help someone else with, then."

The wolf-woman casts what she describes as a 'very basic' and 'somewhat harder' healing spell, as well as a 'painkiller' spell (which reduces the pain in Auleoris' wings a bit) and a couple of spells that she says are supposed to be remedies for weak poisons or minor infections, but they don't have any obvious effect at the moment. Somewhere in the middle the winged woman asks, "Say, the giant snake did die for good, right? No more mutating into something worse?"
"Oh, definitely not. They said that the magic causing it to change the first time was completely gone."

After that, a knock on the door heralds the return of the winged woman's usual equipment, but with a particular addition: The big sword she'd used before, cleaned off but still smelling faintly of mustard, on top of the pile.
"Huh, I thought this was that orc's."
"Well, she said it was yours," says Lysandra, handing the whole pile over. "She and the, uh, green elf you fought with are out in the lobby, so you can dispute it with her yourself once you get changed."
"Alright, thanks."

Changing is somewhat more difficult with burned wings. They seem to move instinctively around the leather tunic thing's top to slot themselves through the built-in holes, which suggests it wouldn't be hard at all if it didn't hurt so much whenever the wings come into contact with the material. The gown she'd been wearing appears to have had its wing-holes cut a bit roughly out of the back.

After changing, Auleoris manages to stow the sword into the game's inventory system, and opens the door again, offering the gown to Lysandra. "Oh, uh...you can keep that, or throw it away if you want. Follow me, please."
They wander through a small labyrinth of hallways, eventually down some stairs and around into some sort of reception room, where the two green-skinned players are waiting, Anansi sitting on a couch with Neyla standing up in front of him.

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM