Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
ArcanePenguin Wrote:>Try to converse with the guards.

After a short awkward silence, Jin says, "So, uh..read any good books lately?"
"Yes." answers one of the guards. He does not elaborate.

Irrevenant Wrote:Fiddle around with/Examine the menu some more.
The Froggy Ninja Wrote:Open messages. Se if you can message someone.
ChrisClark13 Wrote:Dive into all sections of the menu and discover it's secrets.

He shrugs, and heads over to one side of the tower. "Well, I'll just be over here then, not going anywhere or doing anything weird, okay?"

"Sure," says the one who didn't respond before.

He spends some time looking around at the skills, poking a few of the much later ones that look neat to read their descriptions. He eventually notices a little triangular bit in the corner of the zoomed-in skill description, and pokes it. The entire path along the tree to the skill lights up slightly! When he pokes the bit again, the tree goes back to its original color. "Huh. A bookmark function? That's pretty neat." If he "bookmarks" two different skills along the same tree, it's highlighted brighter than just one "bookmark".

Poking the text saying the name of a particular stat brings up its description. They are all very standard, unremarkable descriptions, except for the last couple of sentences of each, which apparently indicate what sort of actions improve the stat in question. Charisma is improved by social interaction, more by successful than unsuccessful; dexterity is improved by dextrous acts or accomplishing a challenging balance; intelligence can be improved by spellcasting, but also by things like reading or meditating; strength by lifting heavy objects or holding onto average-weight objects for sufficiently long; so on, so forth. The stat screen also has what appears to be the total amount of SP ever gained down at the very bottom in tiny font.

Link takes yet another look at the messaging system, and decides to try and compose a message. A popup shows up which informs him that if he knows someone's e-mail, he can send a message out to them, and they can send messages back. It mentions that this is a "provisional feature" and "may be buggy". He thinks about sending a message to his parents--he isn't entirely sure whether they know about his "abduction" since it may not have been even long enough for him to be declared missing yet, but he's interrupted by Janus showing up again.

"Hey. Captain wants to speak with you."
"Oh, sure!" says Jin, grinning and quickly dismissing the menu again. He follows the winged man into the tower, thinking, I wouldn't really know how to explain this situation anyway...

They climb all the way up the tower stairs. Janus seems to be in much more of a hurry than he was on on the way to the tower, so Jin is panting a bit by the time they make it to the top. The captain is an extremely tall, strong-looking winged woman in studded leather, wearing a steel helmet that makes it very hard to see her eyes and a rather stern frown on her mouth.

"Your name is Jin Grayheart?"
"Yes. Uh..am I in trouble here?"
"No. But you're an archer, aren't you?"
"Sort of, I mean, I'm kind of an archer-mage hybrid."
"How good are you?"
"Decent, I think." He senses that her tone isn't actually harsh or angry at all. It's urgent. "What's going on?"
She sighs. "A dragon has been sighted for the first time in decades, and it looks like it's on a beeline for Haranka. We contacted the queen, and she promised to send help, but it'll probably arrive far too late. Would you be willing to help us out? I don't mean fighting a dragon by yourself, but every little bit helps. You'd be among the first carried out of here if we need to evacuate."

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 01:01 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM