Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
Kevak Wrote:"Necromancer?"
ChrisClark13 Wrote:Is the necromancer evil or anything?
Argenteus Wrote:> What about the dead god?

"Uh..who's this n-necromancer?"
"A woman who took up residence in the cursed lands to the west a couple of decades ago. Nobody really knows what she looks like, or even what race she is..save, perhaps, the queen herself. The old king had promised to drive her out, but never found enough troops to do it; the queen decided on a more diplomatic approach. It actually seems as if they've struck a true alliance. The lands are considered hers now, and it is illegal to trespass upon them."

"So..is this necromancer evil? Or just..um, just a necromancer?"
"As far as I know, she's never done anything specifically evil, if one does not count simply being a necromancer. To many, especially certain groups of priests, a necromancer's art defiles the sacred corpse, and some even think that moving the body around by magic means binding the soul to one's service as well. The queen, along with most more scientific minds, argues that if any of the owners of those corpses cannot have their presence in whatever afterlife protected by their chosen god from the powers of a simple necromancer, then there are much worse things to worry about."

"Speaking of gods..uh..did one..die recently?"
She gives him a long, searching look. "How do you know that?"
"W-well, I d-don't, it's just...f-from somewhere I don't know where I had some kind of feeling, like, I should ask something about a dead god..uh.."
"Oh, it probably doesn't matter too much if you know. Just don't spread it around too much, we don't need panic on top of the disaster already coming. For whatever reason, some priests of chaos were attracted to the queen shortly after she began her reign, and she maintains contact with a few of them. Evidently more than one has told her that Liremskra imploded recently, and that it will probably cause a lot of problems until a replacement can be found. She is looking for ways to alleviate the chaos, but has not done anything yet, and doesn't want anyone announcing what is happening."

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-23-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM