PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival}
(05-19-2016, 11:49 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>A few minutes sounds like just enough time to find out what and where your classes are. You can explore with a map and a set of destinations just as well as without.

>Realize you supposedly have superpowers/magic/something-like-that now. At least the having of it is discreet. Any idea what it might be? Any well of power within you? Resolve to experiment when you find some true privacy.
(05-20-2016, 02:02 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I'm still secretly rooting for suprise genderswitch upon use of powers.

Also, look for the bathrooms.
(05-20-2016, 07:36 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »> Come on, a few minutes? How long do you think it will take to find your way around an unfamiliar building? Best head over now and try to get everything set up with administration first, than be late because of unfamiliarity.

You decide to head into the important-looking building. It's predictably fairly easy to find bathrooms once inside, not that you need one at the moment. At any rate, you find the main office before too long, confirming that your guess on which building this is was correct.

The secretary in the front looks very tired, about ready to fall asleep. "Hello, how can I help you?" she says wearily.
"I need to know what my schedule is," you say. "I'm Alvin Perell?"
"Perell..." she thinks for a long several seconds. "Oh, right. You'll have to see your advisor about that. Doctor Shoseki...he'll, uh...he'll be in the library pretty soon." She digs around a drawer under her desk and pulls out a small pamphlet, handing it to you. On closer inspection, it's a map.
"My advisor is the librarian?" you ask.
She nods. "He's a teacher too. Everyone else is booked up by this time of the year and he volunteered. If you don't like him you can take your pick next year after all the seniors leave. Ah...don't worry about being late to class today, your schedule's not even set, y'know?"

You nod, and head out to the library. On the way, you pass a short, very pale-looking guy walking backwards down the hall, full-speed. He grins and gives you an army-esque salute as soon as he can tell you're looking, but otherwise continues on his way without slowing down. Your only real impression of that event is that it was strange.
Eventually you reach the library. It's a little bigger than your average school library, but not unmanageable. There are a number of older-looking books in a room with wide windows on every side that you can only assume is someone's office.

Nobody is here yet, and the office is locked. This seems like a good time to figure out if you have any superpowers.

Well, you don't feel any different. You try making a few vague gestures as if to activate your supposed powers or just immediately use them, but you just feel ridiculous and generally glad nobody is looking. You give up on that after a bit. Presumably since the person who lent you their "power" intended them to protect you from a murder attempt they'll manifest only when you really need them to. That sounds reasonable, and lines up with Murphy's Law a lot better. Of a multitude of rules and suggestions other people have given you, Murphy's Law is one of a very small list of things you've found to actually be dependable.

The first-period bell rings, but your advisor still hasn't shown up quite yet.

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by OrangeAipom - 04-30-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by Xindaris - 05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by OrangeAipom - 05-01-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by Xindaris - 05-02-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by AgentBlue - 05-20-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Kíeros - 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Xindaris - 05-21-2016, 02:03 AM