Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
Argenteus Wrote:> Search "Worldbrink Mage", "Cyborg", "Necromancer", and "Gardener"
Irrevenant Wrote:Search "Arcane Archer".
Billybob-Mario Wrote:Search "President" and "Potato".

After a little more head-scratching, Jarod starts typing things into the box.

Cyborg: 3 results found.

Rebuilt: UNAVIALABLE
You feel invincible right up until you realize that almost nobody knows how to repair you.
Rebuilt is considered a special subrace, available only through certain post-death events.

Tech Noble:
And you thought those gadgets and constructs were unreliable when you were the one building them!

Gadgeteer:
Your tools are moderately less effective and only slightly more reliable than those of a Gunner, but considerbly more varied--which means about half of them will never be useful in the least.

"So..a class can give me powers, but not change out my body parts with metal ones..maybe I'll try something safe?"

Gardener: 3 results found.

Nature Mage:
Useless in caves, deadlands, and pretty much anywhere else without enough plants.

Medical Herbalist:
Can't heal as well as a Cleric can, and still isn't very good at fighting.

Civilian:
Literally the most useless class. The only purpose of including this class is to weed out the stupid early on and provide a challenge to those who feel the game is too easy. Also used for several non-combatant NPCs.

"So..they don't like safe? Maybe dangerous is safer. Um..."

Necromancer: 2 results found.

Necromancer:
Everyone hates you. No, really. Everyone. And physically you are almost as weak as an Astral Mage.

Medium:
Only slightly less physically capable and commonly popular than a Necromancer, and Necromancers hate you even more than they do Paladins.

He mutters to himself, "That sounds..bad..maybe..from a distance.."

Arcane Archer: 2 results found.

Mage-bow:
Not as accurate or good at tracking as a Ranger; not as powerful as a proper Mage; slightly worse than both at close range.

Ranger:
Useless in cities and not much better in other cramped spaces.

"Hm..better, but..I'm dealing with..politics here, maybe. This is based on..so what about the main leader..uh..they called him.."

President: 3 results found.

Diplomatic Noble:
Useless in battle. Need I say more?

Inspirational Noble:
What good is a prince if there's no army to lead? The answer is none. None at all.

Tech Noble:
And you thought those gadgets and constructs were unreliable when you were the one building them!

"Hm..do I really need to be good in battle, if that maid was telling the truth and the queen might really like me..? Hm?" Jarod pauses, finding himself typing something that doesn't quite make sense.

Potato: 1 result found.

Civilian:
Literally the most useless class. The only purpose of including this class is to weed out the stupid early on and provide a challenge to those who feel the game is too easy. Also used for several non-combatant NPCs.

"'Potato'? Why would I..ugh.." He holds his head with a hand and closes his eyes for a second or two, as if he'd been hit by an sudden headache. When he opens his eyes again, the screen has changed rather significantly.

The display is flickering strangely, as if it were a transmission from somewhere far away, with interference. It has a different search on it, and a very different result.

Worldbrink Mage: 1 resu↬↕ ⇈⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪��������

→⇉⇮⇨↫⤀⤰↺↫k Ma↰↗:
↯↓⇧⇅⇄ ⇤⇧↺↫ ⇛↣↤↟⇴ ⇛↣↤↻⇎! ⤧↶↶⤧↷ ⟰⟻⤰⤀ ⇧⇦↰⇎ ⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪⇪������

But in addition to this strange message, there is another one. Not as easy to immediately see as the normal text on the screen, every time it flickers a certain way two or three letters of a phrase written in large font, superimposed on top of the search and its result, may be seen. After a few seconds, Jarod is able to fully make out what those letters spell when put all together:

I DARE YOU

"U-um.." He is a little apprehensive about this.

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-18-2016, 02:26 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM