Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
1412 Wrote:What's wrong with the names you have?
Billybob-Mario Wrote:> Archemedia Newton.
1412 Wrote:(Oh, OK.)
Just poking around.

"What, we're, ah, we're just pokin' around," says Louis.
"Poking around what exactly?"
"My acquaintance means that we are exploring," says Jeannette, "These lands are not familiar to us, and we were hoping to find some, ah.."
"Directions, yeah. Maybe an inn or somethin'."
The elf woman gives them a suspicious squint for a few seconds and then makes a signal with one of her hands. "Very well," she says, "I will show you to Haestros. But we will be watching you carefully, 'explorers'."

She turns around, motioning them to follow, and starts walking. They do as motioned. "Best of behavior, cat-boy," says Jeannette.
"Wh--come on, you think I'm gonna do something stupid? I'm not a moron."
"Could have fooled me."
"Oh come on. I know what I'm doing. You're the one who's new to this s***."
"You two married or something?" asks the elf over her shoulder.
"No,"
"H*** no. We're just workin' together because we have to. Long, confusing story."

"And you're not 'working together' as some kind of spies."
"No. Why would I talk about it if we were?" The elf just shrugs. "Tha'd be so stupid. Yeesh."

Eventually they come to a place where the forest gets thin. The trees that are here are generally thicker than those in the denser part of the forest, and looking up, the visitors find houses built into the treetops, complete with rope-held wooden bridges from house to house and ladders hanging down from half the trees. A particularly large tree near the center has a spiral staircase, complete with outward railing, carved into it going all the way up, with a few of the bridges coming out from them.

The woman stops a few steps from this staircase and turns around. "Welcome to Haestros. We don't get many visitors, but there's a shop and a boarding house I'm sure would be happy to put you up for the night if you can afford it. It's mostly elves living here, and we aren't used to outsiders, so be respectful. I need to go tell the chief. And remember." She makes the 'watching you' signal at them, and then turns around and strides over to the spiral staircase, starting her way up. Then she pauses, turning her head down at them.

"Ohh, yeah. What's your names?" she asks.
"Archimedia," says Jeannette.
Louis gives her a look, but she elbows him and he says, "Aah, Louis."
"Right." The elf continues her way up.

"Archimedia? Really?"
"It is a mathematical name. Perhaps you've heard of it?"
"Yes, but..ugh..never mind. What are we gonna do now?"

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-18-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM