Full Immersion [for what it's worth]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Immersion [for what it's worth]
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!]
Beastnix Wrote:>You want to know how to win? Why it's simple, you slay the gods themselves
Lonewolfeslayer Wrote:> What is the "true" objective of this game. And why do people get different hints like beware the "Gray Witch". Lastly...
> Is there a map of this world?

"Is..it prying too much to ask what they did that was so bad?"
"It is quite alright. They were..a larger and more developed civilization than we were prepared to encounter, having taken over multiple planets in the neighboring parts of their system. They were ruled by a singular despot, a method that we have observed to work at times though it invites more often disaster. This despot attacked us without conversation and had a plan of using our technological improvements over theirs to further the extant empire..an empire built on the blood of inhabitants other habitated planets, as well as the backs of their own lower classes."
"Yeah, that's..pretty bad.

"..I got a message not long after I started the game saying something about 'how to win the game'. Is that normal?"

"It is not a part of the game. It may have something to do with your group's true goal. I did not receive one."
"I think the other players got different messages...the, uh, 'input' implied as much."
"I would not but suspect that each contains something important. Perhaps all together form a whole of even greater significance? But that is conjecture only."

"And..what was the point of this game before you started using it to test civilizations?"
"The stasis containers were intended to preserve our people on long journeys through space, but the initial testing indicated parts of the users' minds were still active and insanity possible result of overlong stays. Programs such as this one give the mind something to do, and the external-to-internal messaging would inform the crew when it was time to leave. It is also used as a leisure activity even when not on a long journey, however.

"There is no true win condition, the program lays out a world and allows the players to do that which they wish in it. One decides goals and may feel happy accomplishing them."

"So if this game has a world in it, is there a map somewhere?"
"Yes. Normally, the towns near spawn places have somewhere in them a map of at least part of the world around."
"Any idea where a town is? I flew up high before, and didn't actually see any buildings."
"I saw a town near the mountains from a distance. I also met one in-game person who stated a town to be in the midst of the forest." He points toward the direction Auleoris dubbed "south" as he mentions the mountains, and "north" as he speaks of the forest.
"Just how long have you been in the game already, anyway?"
"I was allowed extra time before your people began appearing to become accustomed to this form. I was glad for it. It is very strange having designated ambulatory and manipulative limbs."
"So..wait, why does the game use human forms anyway? I mean, if it was made for.."
"It is customary to adapt the program for testing a race by forms and customs more familiar to that race. This is what I meant by saying we were adjusting the program to your kind."

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full Immersion [Archive dump in progress!] - by Xindaris - 05-18-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 05-26-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Full Immersion [Alive Again!!!] - by Xindaris - 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Full Immersion [there are two] - by Xindaris - 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Full Immersion [I got sloppy] - by Xindaris - 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM