PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PersonS {A Rejected Title and a False Explanation}
RE: PersonS {Origins and a Moustache}
(05-14-2016, 01:07 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>Someone: Notice Alvin's hair color.
(05-14-2016, 01:46 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Nene, do you have any books you would recommend?

Also who made these pancakes, they are delicious.

A short while later into the meal, you ask Nene, "So, did you make the pancakes too?"
"Yep," she nods, "Everyone usually just does whatever or, in Lea's case nothing, for breakfast, but I thought I'd make something nice so you'd feel welcome." Which had the side-effect of her annoying you by waking you up early. Oh well.
"Well, thank you. It's very good."
"I've always been pretty good at cooking," she answers with a nod.

"By the way," she adds, "I've been meaning to ask about your hair. How do you get that color?"
"What color?" asks Leatrice before you can answer. "It's just black." Marcus turns to look at you furtively, apparently having not noticed it, either.
"No, there's definitely some blue in there," says Nene. Right?"
You nod. "It's just a cheap dye I found. I don't use much."

"Since you read a lot. Do you recommend any specific books?" you ask.
Nene grins widely. "Oh, I can suggest a lot of stuff, but if I start describing them I'll just spoil everything for you. It might be better if I wrote a list, or..hey! Maybe I can just lend you some of my collection I'm not using right now. Although..some of that isn't tech-nically mine, I don't think Doc will really miss them."
"Doc?"
"School librarian," says Lea. "Creepy old guy."
"He is not creepy, he's cool!" says Nene, insulted. You get the impression Lea described him that way specifically to get back at her.

After a while, breakfast is over. You head back upstairs to get ready for your first day at Wisteria high and see if your 'friend' has left a response to your question. They did, and it's more verbose than you expected:

Well, I don't actually know their names specifically, and you wouldn't recognize them even if I did. And the thing they all have in common is something I'm specifically not allowed to tell anyone about. Sorry.

But! You don't really have to do it. It's just the way this thing works I had to name something that would be a fair trade for the power, and that was the third thing I thought of (the first two weren't enough to be "fair"). I think they're coming for you first, though, so if you agree and then just use the power to protect yourself when they do that'll actually be good enough for me. After that there will be at least a few less things I won't be allowed to talk to you about, and I guess you could decide if you really want to protect them or not. If you don't, the only thing that'll happen is the power goes back where it came from.

I'm really sorry you've walked into this mess in the first place. You don't deserve this.

Please just sign the contract as soon as you can.

It seems like your mysterious benefactor is under the authority of someone else, or at least made promises they intend to keep. Besides that, their phrasing of things seems to imply they think of you as someone they know fairly well. You might be able to use that to press them for more information if you delay signing the contract, but they also seem very sure that your life will be in more danger the longer you don't do so.

>

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by OrangeAipom - 04-30-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: PersonS {Stow and Knock} - by Xindaris - 05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by OrangeAipom - 05-01-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by AgentBlue - 05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: PersonS {Helium and Murder} - by Xindaris - 05-02-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: PersonS {Origins and a Moustache} - by Xindaris - 05-14-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by AgentBlue - 05-20-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: PersonS {Answers and Arrival} - by Kíeros - 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM