All Night Laundry - In which you just have to press down hard - 2019 12 19

All Night Laundry - In which you just have to press down hard - 2019 12 19
RE: All Night Laundry - In which someone is unfortunate - 2016-05-07
(05-09-2016, 04:49 AM)btp Wrote: »
(05-08-2016, 11:22 PM)tegerioreo Wrote: »I'm not saying this is a good time to experiment, but do we know what effect Unlight has on a Naught?

I think that the Naughts are attracted to the unlight, seeing how they swarmed on bina during the whole "save Elizabeth" arc.

Bina > This is bad. You want to go after that guy to save him but...You know he isn't the only one in trouble now. Everyone in the hospital is in trouble. You can't stop the naughts, you can't kill them...but you can call them.

You could, feasibly, beckon the naughts out of the hospital. With a large enough beacon, get them all in one place and trap them. You've done it before with just a couple...it's risky but you could potentially save everyone here...

...but that's just it, isn't it...in order to call the naughts, you would need un-light...a lot of un-light...It would risk being visible, others could see it...not sure you could trust Aime not to want to take a peak...

...and here we are. Ever since you've gotten into this, you've wanted something. Not just to get out or escape or rid yourself of this craziness...you've wanted to help people, to save others from this monstrosity. The botfly has given you the opportunity to protect everyone here...by giving the monster what it wants most.

Maybe this is what B3 figured out. The more you care about saving people...the more the botfly will orchestrate things so that you must use it to save them. The only solution...is to stop caring. To let yourself grow cold and indifferent until there's no reason for anyone else to be in danger.

But you can't do that...can you?

Oh. Oh snap. I think you're right. And observing the unlight probably counts as observing the botfly and/or acknowledging it's existence.

And here my main thought in response is "Why is unlight the same color as the light bulb cover in Josephine's experiment (or vice versa)?" My only rational explanation is that the experiment was the actual birth of the botfly, followed by a mess of time shenanigans that seeded its own existence. Or, you know, that jack_fractal over-promised a connection and then later realized he is playing Calvinball.

Naughts are definitely attracted to unlight, much more than to regular light. They also established this by offscreen experiment.
"They seem to get really intense when she turns the light on. Even when she's using her un-spook hand. This was really useful when she was leading them away from Kendra."

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Night Laundry - In which someone is unfortunate - 2016-05-07 - by ForestGardener - 05-09-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: All Night Laundry - by BreadProduct - 06-18-2016, 07:28 AM