Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
Madeline had always wanted to see a spaceship up close and to her chagrin the security protocols at the N.N.A.S.A had always prevented her parents from bringing her up to the rockets. When it was bring your daughter to work day, she would only ever get to see them from the viewing platform. Naturally Madeline was interested in the garage-hangar.

“Can we go to the hangar please?”

“Sure thing!” Responded James. “It’s connected to the far end of this room.”

Crossing the Command Center, Madeline took the opportunity to absorb as many details about the beings at work here. Some were at work on screens that seemed to display complex mathematical questions, while others were wearing VR headsets. They passed by a large ape-wolf hybrid being that didn’t to have any eyes at all, using what seemed to be some sort of telegraph machine. Shortly after, James exchanged waves with a snailman, who seemed to have no set-up at all, until Madeline noticed the computational elements poking out of it’s shell. Most humanoids had the same uniform desks, but those beings with more unusual bodies had special desks accommodating their size or particular stature.

“The humans are pretty good at supplying all the off-worlders with what they need to work here.” Explained James.

This brought Madeline to enquire about James and The Abyssal’s cohabitation. “Is that why you two share a suit?”

“Kind of. Ours was a special case, it’s not like we couldn’t do our work without this arrangement. Yeah, the company set me up with The Abyssal here, but this suit is actually specially made. The big guy and I share because it’s mutually beneficial. He has some trouble communicating telepathically with others through the suit, as his thoughts conduct more efficiently through liquid. As for me... Well, I guess you could say I’m a bit agoraphobic. Luckily if we get sick of each-other there are some rooms that accommodate us aquatic based lifeforms.”

“Oh.” Said Madeline, she wondered that if James was agoraphobic it meant he considered The Abyssal his home, but didn’t ask because it felt too personal.

Finally they reached the other side of the room. They proceeded out of the command center into a short hallway which they promptly crossed, placing them in front of another large set of white doors. The Abyssal pressed the button and they entered a containment room nearly identical to the one from before, minus the cart and track of the previous room. Evidently, they did not need to start the containment process to leave the core of the base, and the second set of doors opened after the interior ones were closed.

“Welcome to the Garage-Hangar” Said James “Not sure why you wanted to come here of all places, it’s kind of boring.”

James was right, much to Madeline’s dismay, there were mostly just cars. There was an outcropping in the floor and ceiling where you could see multiple other levels of the parking lot. On some of the higher levels, there were aircrafts, but mostly jets and helicopters. After Madeline had scanned the car park and realized the distinct lack of cool spaceships she noticed some familiar looking agents standing around suburbans smoking.

“What! We could have just driven down here? Why would we take the stupid rollercoaster here? Why is there even a rollercoaster that takes people into the secret base? And.. AND WHERE ARE ALL THE SPACESHIPS!?” She yelled, thoroughly upset.

“Whoa kid, calm down.” Chided James. “I don’t really know why you took the back entrance, now that I think about it. The railway shaft is just there for optimizing ventilation and emergencies, as far as I understand it. The Rex has always been something of a showman though, and I imagine it has something to do with that. But, if you want to see a spaceship, you're kind of out of luck, most of our ships were on Moon-base Theta...” He trailed off. “Except, if memory serves correctly, a colleague of mine is refurbishing a retro model in one of the laboratories if you want to have a look!”

SpoilerShow
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe

Messages In This Thread
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 05-05-2016, 09:05 AM