Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
She stood in awe of the beast-man’s proclamation, but one thing nagged at her.

“Why earth?” Madeline blurted out.

Rex looked puzzled “What do you mean?”

“I mean, what makes earth so important? Why do a bunch of aliens need to be protecting this specific planet?”

Rex laughed, “You sure catch on quick, kid. As you might imagine, many civilized races have their own homeland defences, but most of them don’t employ such a large percentage of aliens. Earth is special, though really it’s better to say that your moon is special. It emanates a power that is particularly important to mediating life on this planet, a power that even the most advanced races have trouble understanding completely. The tidal shifts, the earthquakes, volcanic activity and planetary wobble are minor in comparison to what will happen if we can’t get it back.” He paused to level with Madeline.

“That’s why we need you. There are other candidates, but in my opinion, none are as qualified as you.”

Madeline had to admit to herself, a secret organization that defended earth sounded pretty cool. Any kid her age would have thought so, but she was the one being invited onto the team. Maybe, this would have given some children pause, and reflected on if they actually possessed the abilities to be successful in such an adventure, but not Madeline.

She had been raised by two strong, uniquely talented and courageous women who had taught her that she was capable of any task Madeline set her mind to. She learned from them to be resourceful, creative, and to respect her own intelligence despite the societal pressures imposed upon young women. They had loved her and cared for her as if she was their blood, and now they needed her.

“So, girl are you in or not?”

Madeline didn’t need to think about it any further. “When do we leave?”

The reptilian clapped his hands together, and stood up from the kitchen table. Clearly pleased, Rex’s whole face beamed. “We leave now! Pack what you can, you may not return for some time and you are going to be very, very far from home.”

SpoilerShow
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe

Messages In This Thread
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief - by Colby - 04-30-2016, 09:00 AM