This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
I read a thing on penny-arcade today:

Tycho Wrote:The answer is always more art; the corollary to that is the answer is never less art. If you start to think that less art is the answer, start over...
Quote:...The problem is that so many people believe that culture is something other people create, the sole domain of some anonymized other, so they never put their hat in the ring. That even with a computer in your pocket connected to an instantaneous global network, no-one can hear you.

There's more to the quote, (most of it talking about moral indignation to games like "Hitman"), I'd encourage you to read the whole thing.

That first statement though, it's one of those statements you come across and go "woah, that's really true." And I think the truth in it reaches beyond just a argument about video games. In all arenas, all areas of human expression, when you feel like what you believe and pursue aren't being represented, the best thing you can do is to promote and create those things that do reflect your experience.

Beyond even that though, there is a call to more. More art, more music, more expression. There is so much to be found in a single life that there will never be a limit to what can created.

It feels weird that I would be the one to type that. It is not something I would have typed years ago.

This community though, simply thrives on this sort of idea. In many ways this is an art-centric forum. I don't know if that's because many people here consider themselves artist, or simply because we are comfortable and open enough here to express ourselves.

Art is expression. When we stop making art, we stop expressing ourselves. But whenever we express ourselves, we make art. Here we have a big beautiful mess of people all living their lives and growing and changing in so many ways. It's something great to be a part of that dance. Come on guys. Make more art.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
[SERIOus] - by g0m - 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs - by btp - 06-03-2012, 02:01 AM
can you form a cohesive thought? - by Norivia - 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM
a52's Ear Infection Adventure - by a52 - 10-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Goodbye - by Reyweld - 04-11-2020, 04:41 AM