Dwarf Fortress: The Legacy of Eagletime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarf Fortress: The Legacy of Eagletime
RE: Dwarf Fortress: The Legacy of Eagletime
[Image: sxwsX.gif]
From the debriefing of Edem Lancedhelm, Captain of 1st Swordsdwarves

We heard the alarm come from the mines and rushed down to help. I've told the overseers at least a dozen times to have the masons seal the caverns up properly, but did they listen? Of course not. Not even after the Shearcurious cave crocodile attack. Uh, where was I? Right. When we arrived, we found a miner being strangled by a troll, or maybe it was an ogre... Either way, our bronze swords carved it up like butter, my compliments to the weaponsmith.

[Image: OuR77.gif]
Something grabbed its attention. The Forgotten Beast Tofi Eyomerine, formerly idling about, flew in through an opening in the wall and attacked a couple of miners. Miners use their mining skill when fighting with a pick, so they manage to deal some damage, but by the time I notice this, they'd fallen to the beast's talons. The entire melee military, ten spears and ten swords, were nearby to respond. Twenty-five pages of curb-stomping later, the Forgotten Beast Tofi Eyomerine became Tofi Eyomerine's mutilated corpse and Tofi Eyomerine's trunk. Apparently it had a trunk?

[Image: Erq0f.gif]
A memo from a mason
Overseer,
Cavern's sealed up good.
--Kubuk Wheelbent

The civilian casualties have been six babies, two miners, and one legendary woodcutter. Slain in proceedings are one troll, four crundles, one cave crocodile posthumously named Bithitkesham, meaning Shearcurious, a rutherer, a molemarian (like a centaur but a giant mole-rat and a mole-rat man instead of a horse and a human), and of course, the Forgotten Beast Tofi Eyomerine.

[Image: 1i8Y8.gif]
A band of chinchilla people are passing by. The crossbow squad is sent to practice on them for shits and giggles. End result: three dead chinchilla-people.

I wasn't really paying attention, but some giant wrens have been captured and enslaved tamed, including one female that has already layed a clutch of seven eggs. I'm not too sure what to do with them. Probably butcher them as a food source.

[Image: c7V6c.gif]
A secure, trapped entrance to the cavern is prepared. The swordsdwarves squad is sent down to explore the caverns more thoroughly.

Winter arrives.

From the diary of Zulban Paintdefense, Swordsdwarf
Dear diary,
Today, I realized just how much I appreciate my shield. I've come a long way since my days as an animal doctor, or as a fishery worker. Now the children play "Zulban and troglodytes". I'm a hero to these dwarves, now. But I couldn't have made it without my faithful shield. I've named it "The Sorcery of Harvesters". I had the carpenter bore a little hole in it too. Tonight, I'll show how much she really means to me...

Mr. Paintdefense has been sent to the doctor to check for a concussion. Several militia dwarves have been exhibiting similar behavior. We aren't sure if we want to pursue further investigation.

One hauler has been struck by a fey mood. Similar to a secretive mood, except he's more straightforward about what he wants. I can probably guess where this one's going.
[Image: WIAt7.gif?1]
Yup. Another stone crafter.

The troll attack victim has died of infection due to a lack of soap, so some was prepared for future injuries.

[Image: sHWK3.gif]
The giant wrens have made giant wren hatchlings! They're so cute I could just lock them up in a cramped cage!

[Image: pSUOD.gif]
Speaking of newcomers to the fortress: Invaders! Four goblin snatchers (I was worried they weren't going to show up) and two kobold thieves pay a visit to my humble fortress this season. All four gobbos are caught in cage traps, and one of the kobolds fall to the speardwarves. I've been meaning to carve out an execution room for a while, you know...

Spring has arrived.

(05-23-2012, 07:19 PM)btp Wrote: »Waste all bronze immediately on gaudy statues.
You can't do that because all your bronze is already inside swords and axes! You throw together a silver statue instead.

(05-23-2012, 07:19 PM)btp Wrote: »> eat soup
[Image: NEqvA.gif]
Okay, but it might take a while to get to it.

(05-23-2012, 07:19 PM)btp Wrote: »Dwarf vs. Wild
Producers have been contacted, and contestants are being interviewed.

[Image: 0kjwR.gif]
A few packs of crundles have been slaughtered in the caverns by the swordsdwarves. The butchers have been working around the clock to butcher them, but the hauler can't seem to put away the meat before it rots, so everyone's been bathing in the stench of putrid crundle. Also? Do not google crundle.

A squad of axedwarves have been assembled. They are known as the Eagles of Earth, which makes them immune to electric and ground-type attacks.

Summer arrives.
[Image: xwldX.gif]

Messages In This Thread