The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever

The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Catch-22
Ahahahaha g0m. That video is priceless.

Really, perhaps it's mostly me, but I tend to derive a bit of sadistic pleasure from the misguided emotionally-laden efforts of struggling individuals (a simpler descriptive term for such works is "creepy" or "sad"). (If you want to watch another great example of a video like that just youtube search for: "Dating the Asian woman- the impossible dream" (I have linked to that enough though, you should already be familiar)) Really, it's the same thing that draws us to a book like catbook. The concept and cover art all scream of someone who genuinely thought: "this is a good idea" and then took the effort to turn it into a reality.

Of course, things are really more complicated than that. The people who've made that video (and catbook) are not 100% grade-A morons because,

1) There is some measure of talent that making a video/book/talkingcatlips of that nature takes (that I am not familiar with).

and

2) I do crap like this, ALL THE TIME.

I mean, we all do. We all have moments where our personal perspectives are so out of touch with social norms (and even hard-fact realities) that we manage to say/do/believe/admit to something completely ludicrous (though few of us manage to memorialize it in print/video form).

I suppose that's all part of stepping out there...Okay I'm dancing around my point

My point is that instead of reviewing this next chapter I've decided to do what Slorange suggested and put out a LIVE READING of CHAPTER 2. This could very well be one of the aforementioned examples of me making a complete fool of myself (something which I excel at) so maybe you may get at least some form of that same sadistic pleasure while listening.

[Image: stats.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Catch-22 - by btp - 05-13-2012, 01:07 AM