The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text)
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text)
Edwin tried to think, but he was hardly in a prime position for it. And it didn't help matters that he could feel his crystalline mask starting to fade away; soon he'd be exposed to the gas and even less helpful. He began climbing the moth's leg in hopes of delaying his next hallucination, and as he did, he shouted back the first idea that came to mind.

"Perhaps you could strike it in the head with a crystal weapon?"
"Can't see how that would help, myself, but it's not as if I've got any better ideas," Blackbird replied. "I'll give it a shot." He reached into his pouch and pulled out a shard.

The moth's head was a fair distance away, and Blackbird's seat was rather precarious. After a moment's thought, he decided on the most appropriate weapon to call on for the task.

"Grant me a flail!"

The crystal changed into a morningstar, and Blackbird swung it at the moth's head. The spiked ball dug in and the moth started to screech horribly as it continued its wild flight.

And then, suddenly, its screeches changed to words.

"VERMIN!" screamed the moth. "YOU DARED ATTACK MY CHILDREN, AND NOW YOU WOULD HAVE THE GALL TO USE ME AS A MOUNT? I AM NOT A PLAYTHING FOR VERMIN!"
"Is... Is it talking?" Edwin gasped.
"The crystal must be translating its thoughts!" Blackbird shouted downward. "I've never seen anything like this before." He turned his attention back to the moth. "Can you understand us, too?"
"VERMIN HAVE NO WORDS I CARE FOR," the moth said. "YOU SHALL BOTH PERISH FOR TRESPASSING IN MY NEST, AND THEN YOU SHALL FEED MY CHILDREN."
"Well, I suppose that answers that question," Blackbird muttered under his breath. "Maybe we can talk this thing into letting us off near the gate, one way or another. But how should we go about it?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 04-13-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 04-15-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 04-29-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by Dragon Fogel - 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 05-12-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 07-16-2012, 05:14 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 09-16-2012, 04:33 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 09-19-2012, 03:48 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 01-17-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 04-06-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: The Broken Prophecy (Walls O' Text) - by btp - 04-06-2013, 11:10 PM