The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread

The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread
RE: The Great 2016 MSPAFA people remalgamation thread
(03-05-2016, 08:09 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I'm not awesome at audio editing but I have some experience. How would we do this? Through Skype? Through recording your own shit and splicing them together? With the power of love?

Love is a critical component in any podcasting endeavor!

Typically you can set up a skype call with the interested parties, and have one of the members record the call on their machine via Quicktime (for mac) or Audacity (for PC). Typically that person will also edit the material, but they can always send the raw audio to someone else.

A good rule of thumb for editing time is 3x the length of the recording - depending on how in depth you like to edit. Experience tends to make the process faster. Ideally, during this time you're taking notes of timestamps and conversation topics - or at least a record of links to material your discussion references to help listeners get more involved in the conversation.

Once you have the completed file, you can slap it on the internet through an upload site or, preferably host it for easy web access.

I'll also throw my hat into the ring of folks willing to record and edit. I should be able to host a thing or two as well. Feel free to PM me if someone wants to set up a recording time!

Messages In This Thread