We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
You will always have a type weaknesses that bites your butt eventually, unfortunately. I try to avoid fire specifically because lots of early serious threats are fireful, and an electricity weakness can make an unfortunate run-in with a raicho gang fatal. My winning run was mind primary (which gives an ice weakness for some reason, but only echeneis packs ice early and they're tankier than they are dangerous) with debuff secondary, but I've also had very good success with fire/ice, healing/light or dark, and dark/fire.

As for starter monsters, raicho is very high-risk/reward, as they can pulverize a lot of early enemies with their 150% base speed and very high accuracy and dodge rates, but they're super fragile and have lots of weaknesses. Only take one if you have good healing or very good offense to melt enemies before they can touch your sweet thunder birb. Unlike most monsters, I keep raichos unsummoned most of the time until they get some ranged attacks (even when they're my only monster), since they'll otherwise run ahead of you when they see a monster and get themselves killed; only bring them out when you're on top of the threat or a few tiles away. Will-o-wisp is a surprisingly solid choice, as their kit synergizes excellently with itself, making them a consistent damage dealer that's surprisingly hard to kill with their useful resistances and consistent evasion. Echeneis isn't bad either and will let you snag an earlier malingee than most starters. If you're a good damage dealer yourself, faerie is a good choice that will keep you in fights, but I've found my best runs as a support caster rather than a frontliner. If you do go offense-focused (and have good range), though, a gandayah start or an early grab of one will make you pretty lethal since you'll be able to kill things from a distance while it constantly replenishes your SP, and later gives you extra casts once you learn Tireless from it.

Slimes and malingees die too easily on their own, zombies and goblins struggle to contribute meaningfully as a starter, huo shus are poorly statted and don't have much worth learning, and red caps and freybugs are easily obtained very early if you want them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - by SleepingOrange - 07-28-2015, 12:52 PM