The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever

The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading A Magical Cats Mystery
CATCH-22 is a big sprawling comedy set during World War II. I haven't read it since high school (it's one of many books I read after it got referenced in an episode of Lost) but I liked it a lot and I want to reread it soon.

I'm probably the biggest lit nerd in this community, but I'm terrified of recommending books. I've been using my Amazon wishlist to track the things I want to read, and my Goodreads to track what I've already read. (Both of those links should work? Lemme know if they don't.) Also, here's a list of books referenced in Lost.

I dunno what kinda stuff we'd want to read. If we wanted to do something genre-y, I'd suggest Watership Down, which is one of my favorite fantasy books, criminally under-read, and I haven't read it in a while. It's about bunnies, and Sawyer reads it in season one of Lost.

If we wanted to do something more capital-L-Literature-y, I'd probably suggest something by Toni Morrison, because I love her and want everyone to read her stuff. Maybe Jazz, cause it's one of the less heavy ones, and I've been meaning to reread it.

And I'd be down for pretty much anything else. I have two books going right now but I want to be done with both of them by the end of the month, so I'm wide open after that. In general, I want to read more women and writers of color, and also more trashy/popular literature (hence the Gillian Flynn at the top of the Amazon wishlist).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading A Magical Cats Mystery - by Elpie - 07-27-2015, 04:55 PM