Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and
@Fogel

Yeah Destruction Beam is difficult to avoid.

I'm too hardcore (lazy) for grinding.

The attack that was giving me trouble is the giant wave of bats he shoots from both sides, but i realized i can stall in the air by high jumping and teleport through the wave to the floor, it's hard but doable, i haven't beaten it yet but it's just a matter of grinding it out until i can i get it right.

It would've been the same with Eligor, but that boss is unnecessarily frustrating; his (short) introduction is one of the only unskippable cutscenes, but also the longest of the boss' intros, he's kinda buggy with Albus because you're not intended to jump around and teleport everywhere and since i'm playing on Hard i die on two or three hits, so restarting and watching the cutscene kills your momentum so fucking hard, which is so important on a game where you die so easily, you just don't want to keep going. That coupled with this shitty borrowed DS i have which freezes sometimes and the L button only works whenever it wants made me so frustrated. I don't usually look up stuff about how to beat games unless i am completely broken by frustration and i can't let it go until it's done, so that's why i looked it up and saw your post.

How come you don't like teleporting? It's arguably the best thing about Albus. I honestly love Albus mode, specially on hard. He is the most extreme glass cannon character i've ever played - he truly feels overpowered a lot of the time, but one or two fuck ups and you're done for. Using the touch screen to teleport feels well implemented since you only want to warp forward or backwards most of the time you don't have to move your thumbs too much and coupled with his invincible attacks it raises the skill ceiling really high and it's just a blast to play. It's kind of a bummer that such unique gameplay elements for an action platformer are stuck as an extra mode for a game with significantly different gameplay. ANYWAY THANKS FOR ANSWERING i'm gonna go maybe replay it on Hard LVL 1 ONLY until i get bored and start playing Portrait of Ruin instead.

@Everyone else:

Shut
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Things Get a Little Easier - by goblin's - 04-27-2015, 08:10 PM
A shorter title - by Dragon Fogel - 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM
140 - by OTTO - 04-29-2015, 04:08 AM
Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and - by Infrared - 04-29-2015, 08:35 AM