Let's Play Age of Wonders III: User Input Required

Poll: What race should we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Draconians - FIRE FIRE FIRE
50.00%
7 50.00%
Dwarves - Stout. Sturdy, even.
7.14%
1 7.14%
Goblins - Poison damage and losing all of our heroes
21.43%
3 21.43%
Halflings - Civilians with luck
0%
0 0%
High Elves - Trees and Lightning
7.14%
1 7.14%
Humans - Ships and Cavalry
7.14%
1 7.14%
Orcs - Choppas and Dakka
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Play Age of Wonders III: User Input Required
RE: Let's Play Age of Wonders III: User Input Required
The Production Resources granted us a free War Hall. Normally this would be one of the best Tier I buildings to receive, given that it costs more and takes longer to build than any of the other buildings available (save for the Blaster Furnace, the Tier 2 Dreadnought building). Unfortunately, this building is useless to us since it merely enables the recruitment of combat troops. These primitive units are primitive, and the ability to train them will not enable us to churn out Juggernauts any faster.

The completion of Steam Engines, however, was a great boon. Our Great Farm and Gold Mine now produce additional gold, and we are about to capture two more as well.

Speaking of which...
Show Content
It seems as though the elves defending this mine wish to cede it to us without a fight. Should we let them escape and ensure a lossless capture of the mines (+Good) or chase them down and use this combat to better train our troops (+Evil)?

Additionally, we have most of the same research option available to us as last turn. The Steamworks upgrade slot was taken by an upgrade that makes our armored units less expensive. This is very useful to have researched once we start producing tanks, but given that we can't make any armored units yet, it doesn't do us very much good. As a result, we will default to researching Summon Spy Drone, unless anyone feels strongly about seafaring or making our settler/builder units move further.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Play Age of Wonders III: User Input Required - by Sai - 01-31-2015, 02:15 AM