Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

SpoilerShow

(01-05-2015, 03:10 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson blinks slowly.

Fatigued, he leans on the hilt of his sword, which has been dug into the ground. He attempts to engage the distressed man in dialogue.

"What has become of you? Was that vile viper coiling itself around your mind so strongly? What has brought you and your comrades before us", Watson takes a deep breath, and exhales, "and caused you to succumb to the will of that mad wizard?"

Watson attempts to expend his own insight into such matters: on basically, what is going on, and why. Even in the drunken fog, his mind clears to reward him with bountiful knowledge. (Wits)

At the mention of 'vile viper', the man's expression hardens and his gaze sharpens, staring at you as though he is only a moment away from leaping for your throat.

Instead, he practically snarls, "How dare you?" interrupting anything else you had been about to say. "Ignorant city man, you take my I'zith from me and insult the great spirits themselves. You would face death were we... were we... where are we...?"

He trails off, staring at the ground blankly. "So cold..." he whispers, visibly shivering.

He's obviously pretty out of it. Theres no telling how the loss of magic might have affected him - it is common enough for many mages to develop powerful bonds with magical creatures or objects that they claim they could not live without them. Indeed, the occasional loss of such a bond is a common cause for suicide. Ofcourse, this man is obviously no mage- by your guess, he isnt even from Tanalein (thats the name kingdom). His accent and pale skincolor certainly do not match, but you have heard descriptions of the barbarians far to the north that might be more in line with this man, down to the style of the strips of cloth wrapped around his feet in place of boots and the inscriptions on his bracers that you vaguely recall denounce clan and accomplishments. Something is off about his shivering and his comment about the cold, aswell. Even without a fiery serpent to provide warmth, it shouldnt be that cold - the weather is still fairly warm, even if one were to walk about shirtless for some inane reason. Its difficult to tell what magical connections you may have disrupted, but in the case that he was being magically controlled this may be your only chance to talk to him, and judging by how he is reacting to the loss of magic, saying the wrong thing will probably result in him trying to murder you, mind control or no mind control.

(01-05-2015, 03:37 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »"Quit touchin' me, ya creep!" Savannah slaps Renzo away, but not before feeling the healing touch of his glove flow into her. She shoots him a disgusted look, and contemplates whacking him over the head with her spear. Then she stands, semi-mesmerized, as he proceeds to paint a picture.

She looks over the work, admiring it, before she realizes her mistake. The dude with the jetpack had gotten closer and, exploiting the fact, rocketed forward, slamming into her gut. It knocked the air out of her, tossing her back and dangerously close to one of the hedges.

"That's... it!" Savannah has had enough of all these dudes harassing her. She cracks her knuckles, activating Manacharge, and casts a spell on the hedges while Miquel is low. The plants spring to life, thorny vines shooting out in a net and snagging Miquel before he can get back up into the sky.

You reach for the hedges, nurturing them to grow into long, thorny vines to reach towards the sky... Except, before they even have a chance to start growing, he's already out of their reach, performing a spinning barrel roll that reverses his direction, flying back to land above the spot he was hovering over last turn, furthest away from your vines (Hit 2+6+2 vs Defense 19).

"Sorry." He says. "I am not your enemy, but... I have no choice in this. Here."

He tosses you a small orb, a mess of electronic bits that fit together with a red button on one side. You dont have much experience with these kinds of contraptions, but you think this is a shield generator and not a bomb. Maybe. Or it could be something else entirely - really, you dont have a clue.

(01-05-2015, 09:02 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

(Important command stuff)

Mayor remains relentless in his attacks, or he would of, if he wasn't almost blown off his feet by his opponent suddenly being blown up by an attack from the sky. He first thought it was something of the construct's power, but as the dust settles Mayor takes note of the serious damage they just took. Using this opportunity, Mayor followed it up and continued his assault, punching him with a flurry of reckless attacks as he focused trading blows with his opponent rather than blocking them.

The crystal golem made grinding noises with each successful blow, noises that sounded not unlike words, as if he was communicating with his enemy. What. Is. Your. Purpose.

Bohw watched Mayor and the stone golem attack eachother, before hissing and becoming disinterested in it. She had a lot of pent up anger to let out and someone was going to have to be on the receiving end of it all. But as she pulled the string back on her longbow and loaded an arrow, one person in her mind stood out among the others. "This is all his fault." She murmured, telling herself that the best way to deal with a beast was to cut off it's head, that was, to kill the king and hopefully bring all these so called champions to their knees after their leader was dead. Hopefully she would of remained in control of her body for long enough to follow that plan through.

Standing stunned following the blast from the stars, one stone arm completely blown away... in its place revealing a much smaller arm that is most certainly not made of stone, but is rather covered in a bony plate, underneath which, at the joints, flesh is visible.

"I... am wrong." grinds a stony voice. The strange creation seems content to stand there impassively until Mayor moves to attack, in response to which he raises his good arm holding the lance, guarding himself against Mayor's attacks as rocks start reforming around the other. Mayor's attacks, though aggressive, arent enough to penetrate the rocky blockade, dealing only 106 damage (roll 11+5).

Bohw meanwhile fights to resist the temptation to seek vengeance against Thunderpaw, and only just barely wins out against her own inner demons, instead letting loose her black arrow aimed at the king.

What seems to have once been an inner wall unexpectedly swings over as if to block the dread arrow but, refusing to be denied, Bohw pounds at the wall with a surge of dark magic, weakening it just as the arrow connects. Although weakened, the arrow bursts through in a shower of broken rock, striking the king in the back for 972 - 300 damage! (roll 20+9) Blood seeps from the wound, as if seeking to escape the tainted arrow.

Meanwhile, Enzu serenely turns in midair and starts floating towards where Mayor and Rashagor are fighting. Another star falls from the sky, this time striking Nehron for 695 damage.

(01-05-2015, 11:01 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »When the very castle came apart to collapse upon itself to wage its war, a normal knight would have been buried alive. When the floor came undone and shifted, a normal warrior would have fallen to his death. When the parapet split into missiles to strike all around, a normal fighter would have been crushed.

Thunderpaw was a Guardian. And far was he from normal.

He would take the first chunk as a platform, jumping into the asteroid field surrounding the tower. It would be both his terrain and shield, with each chunk of tower preventing another from striking. Jump, jump, dodge, smash through one and over another. As long as the rabbit wasn't in the dead center of the field the king would have to work harder to lock on to a single, tiny, fast-moving target with these bulky stones.

But that didn't do anything about the king's own shield. Even with his agility, a direct attempt at striking would only leave the king an easy block and an easier counterattack. Dismantling the king's shield would require some sort of distraction... like his companion's quickly swelling demonic force below! Hoping to draw the king's attention away, Thunderpaw started talking again.

"It breaks my heart to fight you, my liege. It was your kingdom that I gave up home for. My people lived in your kingdom's southern forest when expansion approached. We were to be evicted for the forest's lumber; I tried to find this town once before to join your court in knighthood in hopes of convincing you otherwise. Not only did I fail to gain favor as a warrior, but my leave from the forest left it unguarded. The reason I'm the only one of my kind left in this land is because you were the god that slew them all."

"But did I vow to slay the lumberjacks that moved in, innocent to the crime in hopes of bringing them back? NO! I moved on, I found new people that needed guarding and saved them a similar fate! Because wicked forces only gain victory when good men let them! And you are too good a man to let history paint you in this manner!"

Three.... two... one..... and STRIKE! Thunderpaw's speech ended at the exact moment when Bohw's dark bolt launched, with a strike of his own coming right after! The king's turned attention to the dark attack would provide the opening for an attack unblocked! He would jump straight for the magician's throne and swing his hammer for an up-close assault!

---------------------------------------------------------------

SpoilerShow

You leap from stone to stone, ducking and weaving through a storm of rock coming from every which way, only barely avoiding being crushed by what must have been a bathroom coming from behind, leaving the ornate bathtub and a scattering of other items to fall to the ground far below.

"Your loss pains me. I have sacrificed every day for the past twenty-four years. Of myself, and my subjects. For the good of all."

Just then, you are running across what was once a great dining hall, long marble tables still affixed to the floor but the walls and other furniture lost somewhere in the chaos. You leap onto one table to escape a block smashing into the floor behind you, and then you slip on the smooth surface. Only for a moment, just enough to right yourself, but it is enough for the first piece of wall to strike, sending you tumbling through the air, momentarily stunned by the shock of impact.

Then the next block strikes home. And the next. You hear bones snap, and your vision starts to darken.

"You shall be our last sacrifice... Six lives in exchange for millions."

Your blow never falls. (Hit 2+4 Vs Defense 8)

You take 2967 damage.

(01-07-2015, 08:06 PM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra stared at the lycanthrope, her eyes wide from sheer wonder for the dragon. Regardless, she reluctantly settled her mind enough to listen around her. The ravenfolk admittedly felt slightly betrayed by the wind due to recent events, but that thought was pushed aside as a vaguely familiar voice rang out from the tower, and an arguably more familiar blade of light emitting from a small figure. No...it couldn't be...!? Myra had to stop herself from making any squawking noises from the start the lycanthrope's sudden warning and strike gave her, knocking her fully out of her pensiveness.

As it were, if these champions can't help who or when they attack, then they may be too great a risk to stick around. Quickly collecting herself and her resolution, Myra firmly nodded to the lycanthrope and answered, "Alright. Take care, and try to stay put if you can!" With that, she took Nehron's advice, and began to run towards the tower. Needing only to gain distance from the lycanthrope to avoid further trouble, Myra weaves magical power to form a pair of arcane wings. Her flight toward the tower will be rather low, weary for any more incidents that will ground her yet again.

In this moment, the ravenfolk tries to tap into her telepathic abilities, focusing on her allies. Though she is unsure if they will hear her mental message in all of this chaos and distance, Myra tries to warn them, "These champions are not our enemies; subdue the one who summoned them here, and we can free them from his influence!"

Your mental call to the other's seems to go through, but as you fly for the tower a powerful whirlwind starts to build, yanking you back to the ground to crash painfully before the lycan for 625 damage! To be fair, that was probably to be expected.

But Nehron isnt done. Before your eyes, his body disperses fully into wind, only the dust from the ground showing the outline of a lycanthrope form. A storm builds around him, growing to encompass the entire courtyard, a cutting wind that threatens to rend flesh, dealing 72, 157, 222, 186 and 165 damage to Myra, Renzo, Savannah and Bohw. Mayor seems to be unmoved by the wind, and Watson is protected within his cage.

(01-08-2015, 03:36 PM)Psych Wrote: »Renzo sighs. "Surrounded by animals here. Does no one know how to appreciate good art anymore?! My dear girl, how am I supposed to paint under these conditions? The light! It is all wrong! The figure! Too brash! And don't even get me started on the venue! It seems I must be taken a bit more seriously, perhaps a post-modern view is more to this crowd's liking?"

Renzo uses his magic to enlarge his paintbrush several times, almost to the height of a full man, the brushes dripping in glowing paint that flashes magnificent colors. Like a roulette wheel, it slows down before landing a vibrant neon purple, burning the ground where it drips and smelling acidic. "Come now, this man's composition is horrible. Does he not know we need much more empty space?"

He flings the paint at the man, lowering his defenses, and attempting to deal damage and poison the target.

Alas, your artistic attack is foiled by Miquel's refusal to stand still! (Hit 1+2+2 Vs Defense 19) That is alright, though - everyones a critic, but you have no doubt that your next move will leave no doubt about your artistic mastery.

---

The dragon roars and breathes a lance of fire at the king, roasting him for 850 damage! (roll 9+8)

Stats
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven] - by chimericWilder - 01-11-2015, 10:25 PM