Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [11/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY FIVE: And Now, The Weather]
Welp everyone, I tried. I fucking tried.

Good game Acio.
Kiven, I'd appreciate it if you'd honor my memory and chose to Kingmake town. They don't really deserve it, but it'd be nice.
Granola (5) (Eidolonic, Garuru, Acio, Oz, Cat)
Acio (3) (MV, Druple, Granola)
Oz (1) (Kiven)

Abstaining (Stiqqery, Affle)

Cat I understand that my stance on Garuru is questionable from your perspective, but I'm mostly positing it so that it's there when I'm dead so I still have a voice when we're down to the final scum. What I can't understand is why you don't agree with the Acio lynch, or the logic behind it. Can you answer that for me before I'm hammered?
To me it seems like busy-Acio play, not scum-Acio play. Is that enough?
Alright, Granola. I'll try and save town. But uh... I think you might be scum.

Vote: Granola
Not really. What about the part where if Pala's town a mislynch loses the game?
I think that's hammer, please hold.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
End of Day Five Votals

Acionyx (3) (Mister Visceral, Druplesnubb, Granolaman)
Granolaman (6) (Eidolonic, Garuru, Acionyx, OzTheWizard, Cat, SupahKiven)

Abstaining (2) (Stiqqery, Affle)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

--

The discussion today was particularly heated. Heated enough I almost turned down the thermostat.

As per established protocol, Granolaman was turned over to the police forces for investigation. I stood outside with the rest of the patrons at my back, watching them carry him off. With two officers holding his arms at each side as he tried to struggle free, Granolaman's efforts appeared futile.

Suddenly, one of officers slipped. Probably was all the ice on the streets - the salt trucks hadn't driven by this stretch of town in some time. Granola soon bolted away from the one officer, leaving the fallen policeman in the snow. As the other gave chase, he too soon fell victim to a slip and fall incident. I spotted a lone banana peel sticking out of the snow where he fell.

Lyncroft started walking to my side, but I had to take decisive action lest I allow Granolaman to escape. I ran after him, only to slip on another banana peel myself. Lyncroft had the right idea and drew a taser, successfully sniping Granola from afar with it. As Lyncroft went to arrest Granola, he too slipped on a banana peel. Other regulars who tried to help also fell victim to banana peels. Where the hell did all of these peels come from?

By the time we managed to actually catch the slippery, banana-peel dropping suspect, the answer came with the background check and usual inquisition of the suspect. Granolaman told his story from start to finish, beginning with a rather upsetting quote:

"You'll never get anywhere in life."

Those were the words which slipped from Granolaman's third grade teacher's mouth after she found herself in one of his clever pranks. That vat of lukewarm macaroni and cheese was meant for Sally's unsuspecting blonde head, not for the teacher frustrated with the lack of passing grades during the English Language unit. Clearly those were words she didn't really mean - she was just fed up with his continuous, disruptive antics. It may have just been a heat of the moment response, but that prediction ended up coming true.

His dreams of a medical school career came to a screeching halt when he let all the laboratory frogs loose for a senior student prank. The biology teacher assigned him a zero for the year, and that damage carried over to his final transcript. Although he made his way through college incident-free long enough to secure a bachelor's in Business Administration, the jump scare he cleverly placed in a presentation ended up giving one of the oldest senior administrators a heart attack. That job didn't last for long, and future endeavors never really did well.

Granolaman was Carl Birkholz, and there was simply no denying it - he was an incorrigible prankster, a perpetual class clown. Although a more than capable human being, he just couldn't suppress the urge to create a stir. Human laughter was what he lived for.

By the time he embraced comedic spirit and attempted stand-up comedy, audiences failed to walk away happy. His moderate sadistic streak failed to resonate with audiences. The end result of all those failed endeavors led him to a baseline, minimum wage job: garbage disposal man of Caribou's Den. Toiling in job that enabled him to skate by, he slowly learned to suppress his prankster tendencies to maintain employment. With trouble on the rise in Caribou's Den and the chance to make a difference, he found a way to return to his old self - this time, with intent to help instead of harm, and perhaps to have a few good laughs along the way.

Granolaman was a TOWN PRANKSTER.

Each night cycle, Granolaman could lay down a field of banana peels between two people. The field of banana peels lasted until the end of the next night cycle. If either of the two players visited each other during this time, they would slip on the banana peels. This had no further effect other than telling the player they slipped on a banana peel during the night.

Granolaman's night action was non-visiting, and he was not informed when someone slipped on the banana peels.

Granolaman was a LOYAL CUSTOMER, and thus held Caribou's Den's best interests at heart. He would achieve victory with his fellow cafegoers when all threats to the safety and stability of Caribou's Den were eliminated.

Another mistake. I posted the results on the corkboard, watched a few more hearts sink, and remained at the register in silence. The day ended, and I went downstairs to sleep.

I've never been fond of video games, but these living arrangements came with an old game console and a few games. Perhaps tonight I'll give this "Temple of Egg" game a try. Anything to get my mind off this shit.

-V.B.

Night Five ends Monday, July 14th at 10PM EST (~53 hours).

All players are advised to check into their Quicktopics during the night phase. Please be prompt and timely in submitting night actions, should you have them.
RE: [10/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [NIGHT FIVE: Slip and Fall]
DAY SIX
Cloak and Dagger

JANUARY 21

My faith in this operation is failing.

We've only found one of the criminals, and they've easily killed or falsely incriminated seven or so civilians at this point. Most we've gotten is a whole lot of nothing. No other guests show up anymore - just the remaining regulars, who come to fight. The criminals are among them, and they're likely just sowing further discord to make everyone's lives harder. I don't care what happens. I'm quitting this job as soon as I can.

Lyncroft comes in, tells me they found a body, big whoop. Turns out the certain death they had came about during a massive blackout the city experienced. I was wondering why my run of "Temple of Egg" was so rudely interrupted. Frustrating old game, but it got my attention away from all these ongoings.

I just hope my family's safe.

On to business, Lyncroft was a bit late with the autopsy of the fallen. The power outage had taken out the computer systems of at least 60% of the city. At least they got it up and running this morning.

I went ahead and posted the thing on the corkboard, but here's my copy of that summary. Should explain the power outage, and why you don't trust UltraRich systems to maintain your city. There's always someone who knows the way around them.

Speaking of UltraRich...

If there's anything to be learned from that blasted company, it's not to trifle with those who wind up on the wrong side of Richard's personality. Those who have defected from the company due to their business practices or ethical issues with product development (both deeming UltraRich's work unethical or performing unethical work) are among the most dangerous individuals to walk the streets. Igor, Lance, Diana - all those who have been known to even temporarily defect have proven themselves to be very cunning individuals.

Of course, those three are the high profile cases of worker dissent. Lesser known was Stiqqery's story as Amon Viceroy, one of UltraRich's sinister former employees.

Hailing from the network security team, he was promptly fired upon discovering he compromised the company network long enough for Diana to draw money from the bank accounts. He and Lance - Richard's bodyguard who physically broke security equipment - were both on the street with suitcases pink slips an hour later. The only way he managed to acquire another job after that was to break into other company networks and stop them from performing digital record searches which would implicate him. Over the years, he learned to take out more mechanical equipment as well.

With the scandals in Caribou's Den rising, he suspected that vigilante action was inevitable. As he wished not to see this place fall apart at the hands of corrupt industrial executives and murderers, he offered his services to the police. When the police refused his offer, he decided to help anyone who hid under the cover of night, doing what had to be done.

Stiqqery was a TOWN CLOAKER.

During each Night, he could target another player. He would follow this player and assist them in their mission - shorting car engines, shutting off streetlights, pausing security cameras - everything they needed to remain unseen. His target would become untrackable and unwatchable, and any voyeuristic aspects of their role would be disabled that night.

Stiqqery was a LOYAL CUSTOMER, and thus held Caribou's Den's best interests at heart. He would achieve victory with his fellow cafegoers when all threats to the safety and stability of Caribou's Den were eliminated.

Of course, that wasn't it. Another one walks in, singed and carrying bags. Who's surprised? I'm not.

OzTheWizard's house has been BURNED TO THE GROUND.

The housefire? Who cares. I think the issue with Viceroy has more gravity. Some intentions are misaimed, it seems. Either way, the violence presence is escalating amongst the regulars, and Lyncroft is here to watch the events today. I have a bad feeling about this, but hopefully Lyncroft's presence will get us moving in the right direction.

-V.B.

Day Five ends July 21th, 10PM EST (~145.5 hours).

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. It is Lynch or Lose (LYLO).

Livelist (9/19):
OzTheWizard
Mister Visceral
SupahKiven
Garuru
Acionyx
Druplesnubb
Affle
Eidolonic
Cat
RE: [9/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY SIX: Cloak and Dagger]
Supah FFS how many people do you need marked?
oh lol only 3 of the people you marked are alive.

Welp. I'm 3P survivor with bp shenanigans. So let's kingmake, shall we Acio?
Mister Visceral Wrote: »oh lol only 3 of the people you marked are alive.

ikr I got shafted
(07-15-2014, 04:50 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »oh lol only 3 of the people you marked are alive.

Welp. I'm 3P survivor with bp shenanigans. So let's kingmake, shall we Acio?

On the one hand this seems like such a trap

On the other I pretty much expected to die today anyways

put a vote on garu if you're actually what you say and serious and I'll see what I can do
This is such a terrible idea but god my expiration date was forever ago
Yeah for real I'm impressed that you guys got the granola lynch through yesterday xD

Vote: Garu

anyone else want to claim mafia today?
how is that a town power

vote: mv?
Muh.

Pala was town then, Acio?

And it's what, You/Oz/Cat?

Bleh.

@Vic

Can't blame you if you take the easy win, I guess, but... be neat if you townsided. Not like scum are going to actually NK you, so if we mislynch you win with them regardless.

Vote: Acionyx

Still have no regrets in lynching Granola.

Not after his play the first 3 days.
Lynch: Garu
Uh... Vote: Garuru :U
vote Garuru
SpoilerShow
Oz is probably bullshitting about his half win condition or something.

Likely scum with Acio. This is a million times more likely if Pala was actually derp town.

I guess it could be Schazer/Affle2 instead of Cat for the third scum with them...

Problem is both slots were near completely useless this game, so I'm kind of hoping one of them has a provable likelytown claim to simplify matters.

Hm.

Ugh.

So he'll win and leave the game in the morning presumably, which is why it's LYLO (I guess conditional, but Acio's not dumb enough to shoot a marked target at this point, lol).

I'll probably re-read at some point.

Although Vic, if you're going to scumside 100%, mind just saying so, so I don't have to bother?
Eido quit playing coy and hammer
Oh.

I didn't even see the Garuru vote.

Welp.

If one of you 3's would unvote that'd be pretty rad.
What.

If you think I'm a traitor you're hilariously wrong.

I'm town that never got invested in this after replacing in, and gave you benefit of doubt about just not being invested in the game.

With your play in the other two games, I figured you were just out of sorts potentially, and Pala/Granola looked bad.
Vic, unvote and lynch Acio, Oz, Affle.

You still win, and you get to lynch Acio.

Consider it revenge for him mislynching you every game ever.

You know you want to.