Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
Savannah rolls her eyes, leaning against the airship's railing. "Hey, here's an idea! Let's stop playing with the magic box. When are we getting there?" She groans, flopping lazily onto the deck and poking it with her knife.
SpoilerShow

Selphy turns the airship towards the nearest tavern, landing in the street outside. Some of the scattered beggars eye you with suspicion and slowly back off.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Watson slowly rises from the rough wood of the deck, seemingly ensorcelled by the smell of alcohol. "Fresshhh grapes in the morn..."

And then his eyes open when he grips on a railing.

"Oh. This is where we're headed. Well that's all well and good then."
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
oh my god the updates stopped because of me!

I should never reply or listen to the gm :((

#nomorerules #anarchy
nah. you landed. noone did anything.

and because exams i am not going to prod anyone to do anything

for once i am actually being productive over here

(just not in relation to BZ, harrharrharr)
I actually won't have internet from the 6th-9th of this month, so during that time Myra will be on auto.

Right now, though, she hops onto Bohw's shoulder and bobs her head to the ground below. "Well, what are we waiting for? We need to find that underground thing."
SpoilerShow

"Right, lets move."

Bohw unceremoniously kicks down the rope ladder to the Airship, letting it dangle off the side and reach the ground, then dropping herself down to grab the ladder. She doesn't really mind the beggars, but experiences have told her lately that looks can be deceiving, so as she descends, she keeps an eye out- her only eye, for any thing suspicious.
Savannah sighs in relief and grabs the rope ladder, hauling herself down. Her feet hit the ground with a soft 'poff' and she cracks her knuckles and stretches.

"Finally. Jeez, I was starting to miss the ground. Now how are we going to go about finding this... underground place?" Savannah grips her spear, glancing around.
As soon as you start moving, the surrounding beggars begin backing off, rapidly disappearing down adjacent alleyways. A couple of seconds passes before a woman in a white dress steps out from the nearby inn. She glances at you and gives a slight smile. "Hello." She says.
SpoilerShow

Mayor stands at the top of the ladder, unsure how to really climb down without the flimsy thing breaking on him. Meanwhile, Bohw stares at the strange woman that exited the inn with skepticism. "Can... Can I help you?" She asks in response.
SpoilerShow
"Oh, but you already are." She answers. "And I think you'll want to head in that direction." She continues, waving a hand towards the center of the city. She approaches Mayor, reaching into a coat pocket and pulling something out. "Take this, big guy, and dont you lose it." She says, handing him what appears to be a small sawed-off antler of some kind just as he turns around from his climb down the ladder. "Now im afraid i must be going, but i'll see you around. Oh, and mind the guards." She says with a smile and a wink, already moving in the opposite direction she pointed out earlier.
"...Hey. Hey!" Savannah waves her arms around, trying to attract the lady's attention. "Whaddaya think you're doin'?! You can't just... do that! I mean, c'mon!" She bonks the butt of her spear on the ground in thought. "Uh... like... what guards?"
"Why, the city guard, ofcourse. They've grown awfully rude lately. And why, yes i think i can. See you later!" She says as she turns a corner, giving another wave.
Mayor doesn't seem to immediately recognize this woman, or the item that was given to him, but he has suspicion that he probably should know more about this than he currently does. Not many people turn to the golem when they want to give an item of importance, then again, not many people find antlers a very dear item. Curious, Mayor gives a closer inspection of the antler, trying to gauge any enchantments or magic from it, or in the very least what animal it belongs to.

By the look on Bohw's face however, she doesn't seem to know just what exactly just happened, staring down the woman as she wanders off in the opposite direction. Thrown off her game, Bohw raises a hand to call her back, "Wait, hold up!" she shouts. "Ah, sorry. But we are actually... looking for directions. To some... ehm, tunnels, I believe they were. Could you point us in the direction?"
The antler doesnt look magical, but its definitely not from any ordinary creature Mayor recognizes... And a soft twinkling sound seems to be emanating from it?

As for the woman, no answer is heard.
"Give me a moment will you?" Watson said kindly before walking away.

Watson tried to stealthily follow the woman.
She's just down the next street over, and you quickly follow her seemingly without being seen. She turns another corner. How far do you plan on following her?
Until she meets someone.
The streets seem to have grown completely desolate, as you dont even see any beggars as you follow at a distance. Several minutes pass without anything happeneing, though if you remember the layout of the city from your brief flight properly, you'd guess she's headed for the great western gate. Or something in that area, anyway.
It is no longer worth following her. He's strayed from the path too far, so he returns.

After the few minutes it takes for him to walk back. He found it necessary to explain himself. He speaks, "Someone should check on the western gate. My suspicion for that woman had knotted in my stomach like yarn, and would not be unwound until I had followed to make sure she was not to meet with that Echo woman."

"Any associate of hers should want to foil us, so it was only reasonable for me to check. It would also be wise to have a closer look at that antler."
Not ten seconds pass since Watson's return before the sound of armored men moving through the streets becomes audible, momentarily followed by a troop of guardsmen wearing fullplate and carrying greatshields turning onto the street. The lead guard whose armor is gilded with fine scrollwork raises one arm, pointing at your group as he yells, "By order of the King, stop right there!"
Watson laughed conceitedly.

"Oh? And what despot is stopping us from fulfilling good deeds, which benefit everyone?"