Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
(01-26-2014, 04:38 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Galeforce: If Myra kills an enemy, she can act twice in the next turn.

that sounds familiar
Myra and Savannah's stats have also been updated. I took some freedoms with Galeforce in particular, but also some minor things with Jungle Fever and Change Form.
woooahhh that's... very useful. What's the cooldown on jungle fever? it lasts atleast 7 turns if you assume that Watson, Thunderpaw, Mayor and mael/torhald won't use magic. Not even counting the enemy spellcasters.

+4 Str. to Savannah and 2 nearest allies
+4 Str. and 50 Power to Savannah and anyone who agrees not to use magic
-4 Affinity to all enemies
-Savannah will have 22 strength before all of those bonuses are applied

Ouch.

Also I'm pretty sure Savannah goes into strength mode in areas without plants.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
oh right i forgot the cooldown. and maybe i should have added what being without magic means. it involves the complete inability to use any magic at all, including from items or supernatural effects or whatever.
(01-26-2014, 02:34 PM)Psych Wrote: »
(01-26-2014, 04:38 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Galeforce: If Myra kills an enemy, she can act twice in the next turn.

that sounds familiar

Says the one with Tharja as their avatar picture. B)

And my excuse is that Blazer almost FE'd it up by going with a trait called Tactician. I do not have the self-restraint required to NOT reference Fire Emblem: Awakening, especially when said reference would work so well in this game. ewe

E: Chim what you did with Galeforce is really cool and I can't wait to test it out!
Its going to take you ages to figure out how to properly balance Hallow Indignation isn't it?
nah i had some thoughts when i first read it, but its very specific so yes it miiiiight not end up being actually balanced. Did you intend for it to be something really rare that just absolutely murders everything, or something that is a little more common and mostly murders everything?
I was thinking more along the lines of it dealing unparalleled damage to one target, in contrast to most of Selphy's other abilities with a primarily utility based nature.
Hey Chim, Myra's Sincerity should be at 9 now on the front page, shouldn't it?
oh yes thank you. i forgot about that one.

it sure is going well today.
oh oh oh i wanna see echo's new traits and stuff
(01-26-2014, 11:55 PM)Psych Wrote: »oh oh oh i wanna see echo's new traits and stuff

me too me too! Melonspa

assuming we can and it isn't ~supersecretstuff~
(01-26-2014, 11:58 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »
(01-26-2014, 11:55 PM)Psych Wrote: »oh oh oh i wanna see echo's new traits and stuff

me too me too! Melonspa

assuming we can and it isn't ~supersecretstuff~

no.
yes i am happy with everything you did to my suggestions

I mean, ouch, 15% chance of basically shit going crazy, but at least now Bohw has a chance to still attack enemies while insane, so I guess that's fine. Basically though the whole point of that trait was I am trading reliability for... unreliability. And Leader is nice because I will have so many stacks with the guaranteed crit traits and the high Precision stat characters all around.

also hahaha and the award for the longest Special Description goes to Selfless II but that's to be expected if we were gonna fit in everything we discussed. Mayor will lose health fast, but that will be the purpose.
I don't think you guys have noticed it yet but I built Watson as if he had to last on his own because I thought he was going to fight his way through like Takumi and Jane Doe.

So how long do you guys think your characters would last alone, against, say, a boss? And who would you think would win if it was against each other?

Also, I'd like an opinion on Watson's overall build. What would be his weakness? (these questions are all for before this level up)

E: Also take away equips because Thunderpaw is OP at the moment.
I've noticed Watson is very durable, yes.

Mayor would definitely lose in a big fight, he has no real combat potential other than being a wall. He's not very powerful, despite being rather strong early game. Bohw however, despite having lowered health, would be incredibly dangerous in a free-for-all fight because Hellbent's major draw back is friendly fire, with no friends that becomes a non-issue.

(Thunderpaw would completely destroy her though. Blade of Light. So my bets would be on him.)
Free-for-all: But knowing that, wouldn't we all gang up on you first? You have pretty low health. Also hellbent lasts 5 rounds. I'm pretty sure we can spend 5 turns dodging and then the next 22 killing

1 vs 1 : Same procedure, confined to one person
if i should guesstimate, Nos or Takumi would be the strongest in a duel. That is, Takumi would be if sjasogun was actually here.
is sjasogun still on mspa?
yes. I believe he is even active there. The problem was always that he got stuck in a plotline that wasnt even supposed to become a thing that happened until... Well, this chapter, actually. Perhaps now is a good time to ask if he is still interested, but even then there would still be much and more waiting, so i think i will wait a little longer before talking to him.

Anyway, handled Selphy's and Watson's stats. Of note are that i changed the old pilot bonus to a +hp thing because frankly i tend to get damage reductions for things that dont get hit on a regular basis, that the turrets were tweaked a little so that the rifle doesnt win out with quite such a large margin, and that apparently Watson is now an antimagic guyperson.
wait what what what the heck. I don't mind having affinity to zero but now i can't use the Vase, my spear, my sword, my armor, my leapers.

The Fragment.

Gog that was not what I had planned at all. Am I atleast unaffected by my opponent's magical/effects spells and the like? Because if not, I need to negotiate.

Also for some reason, Selphy has 2700 health.
you cant use the spear. you can use the other things. They still work without an actual magical command needed to activate them.

And she is supposed to have 2700 health. Y'all got 500 base health and 25 power. The 250 extra health is to better balance out player damage to health. Selphy has a shitton of con but very little defense
Question: How well does Claustrophobia and Divinity II stack? It looks like in open/closed areas claustrophobia would have a doubled effect for holy/healing melee ranged spells as it boost the effective value of strength as well as affinity.
So... anyone want my spear Happymelon

The Unknown enchantment on my starmetal doesn't require any magic on Watson's part (i think/hope) and that +2 strength is good, if a little sparse with the Aff bonus wasted... alright, I'm willing to trade those too. For cash/good items as Watson can't make good use of them. Nos, you mentioned your Explosive! Buff going well with the sword? and then the spear is just great with Runeguard and +2 to hit.

also, y'know what, screw it with my armor too. I picked that up, too, so I'll sell it real cheap.

I owe Nos 40 gold so I'll sell the Sword to him at a discount. 'sides, he needs something other than that hammer.

This is my Xtreme Giveaway since I decided that I'm keeping Classiest with its awesome 20% off all damage.

And I'm hoping to buy good stuff at the shops. Why did I buy that Vase why did I tell Chim about the Vase's potential for damage. Melonspa
I dont think Dais is actually here. He's been missing for a month now.

(01-28-2014, 02:05 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »Question: How well does Claustrophobia and Divinity II stack? It looks like in open/closed areas claustrophobia would have a doubled effect for holy/healing melee ranged spells as it boost the effective value of strength as well as affinity.

oh right, i missed that, thanks for pointing that out.

(sneaky bastard, calculating extra effects you knew id miss)