Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Quote:"Lets fight like gentlemen"
Special: Writ of Challenge
Watson challenges an opponent to a One on One duel, preventing allies of either side from interfering in any way. The duel status ends when either participant dies or surrenders, with the surrendering individual getting a massive Shame debuff to further combat.
(01-20-2014, 03:17 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Special: Writ of Challenge
Watson challenges a non-boss opponent to a One on One duel, preventing allies of either side from assisting. The duel status ends when either participant dies or surrenders, with the surrendering individual getting a massive Shame debuff to further combat.

Great idea, but it should also be a GRUNGE CAGE MATCH (the cage dropping from the sky) so that I can challenge affinity-, ranged- and melee-oriented characters without having to worry about them running away or distancing themselves.

Though I was also thinking of fixing Fine Wine so that I don't have a minus four to hit considering I only have 3, barring any help from allies. Wow nevermind, I actually have six. Your idea seems better + Cage

EDIT: Nice quote
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
So here's my Level Up spoils:

Sincerity +1
Precision +2
Defense +1

Traits:

Bird of Prophecy: Ravens are often linked to omens and prophecies; some say they are protectors and teachers of seers and clairvoyants. Myra's recent exploits have awakened her prophet blood, and divining takes less concentration now. She can now cast spells through whatever she is divining. She can also hear in divinations now.
(If that's a little much, then I'd be fine with talking/casting spells through time not being a thing.)

Galeforce: If Myra kills an enemy, she can act twice in the next turn.

Special Abilities:

Change Form II: An upgrade for Change Form. Upon Changing Form, Myra now gets a Sure-Critical and Bonus for Offensive spells upon Changing Form to Human, and a Sure-Critical for Healing and Utility spells upon Changing Form to Raven.
But if it was temporal, then you can influence enemies' actions! :o Imagine being able to choose a special your opponent can't use every turn.

"Nope, you're probably not going to use that."

"Why not?"

"Because "

"Fine, I'll just use something else!"

Or even slight mind control, making them hear loud cawing noises inside their heads every time they try remembering to use a certain move, forcing them to incur a health penalty when they use it.
Trait: Stern hand
If Watson is targeted by an enemy during a round of combat, he gains an attack bonus when targeting the same enemy in the next round.

Trait: Veni, Vidi, Vici
Watson's base power raises when striking the same enemy multiple rounds in a row. Similarly, the power of healing buffs increases when healing the same ally multiple rounds in a row.
I figured that time shenanigans would be a bit much, especially considering the main intent of that trait is for Myra to cast spells on whatever she's Divining. But hey if Chim'll allow time shenanigans the hell yes, let's give the energetic raven girl bent on glory the ability to see through time and influence what happens there.

In all seriousness though, if time is a thing Myra can use spells through along with what's already described, then yep, let's slap that on there, too! C B

(01-20-2014, 03:34 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Or even slight mind control, making them hear loud cawing noises inside their heads every time they try remembering to use a certain move, forcing them to incur a health penalty when they use it.

Also you do not know how many times I've been tempted to just caw loudly in the enemies' minds to deal damage and/or distract.
Caws of Death: Myra's crow form kills everything

it's a pun, get it
Trait: Quote the Raven
When Myra is acting as familiar to an ally, they gain bonuses for performing similar actions. (when both are attacking, or casting spells). This bonus is increased further when using abilities on the same target.

Be proud of your puns, they define you.
I think that deciding how to make level ups work might just be more fun than the actual game.
Jaws Cause Caws of Death: The target receives subliminal messages and visions of people being pecked to death for that is their own true prophecy and ultimate path in life. Myra is to the people what the Delphi Oracle is to Greece. Their minds are poisoned, and so their body. This psychological change makes them lose health over time, locks down one of their skills for the next turn and turns them into a neurotic ornithologist trying to decipher the meaning of life from birds and bird feces.

Now I want Myra to have some sort of Shark-Raven form.

PEOPLE DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PUNS KILL PEOPLE. PSYCH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
SpoilerShow

Just give me a moment here I need to collect myself but the worst part about this is that they are so so legit and cool that I am very very tempted to use those ideas.
guy's you're about to break frolic

Problem with Watson is that he is the most vanilla, clean slate, basic character, that thinking up traits for him could be a bit of a tricky thing to do as there is little synergy there to make, there is no real clear path that's been set before him.

But really, Watson's current placement is simple: He doesn't give a damn. He's relatively hard to kill and has a fair bit of punch behind him still, you can start from there. Ideas would be like Taunting Enemies, so he has more things to not give a damn about, Control, bringing relatively hairy situations back down to earth would be nice, plus general effects that happen when he is attacked, he has a decent health pool and a good amount of ways of defending himself (Merlin Can't Touch this, Class, 10 Defense Value).

(Really what Masterblade has suggested isn't too bad, aside from Veni, Vidi, Vici which is a bit iffy tbh)

I'll get my level up in a moment.

Not sure if I should go down an AoE Damage Route or a Hellbent Damage Route. I'm also thinking of having a trait that abuses the fact that I have 2 characters, but in what way I should exactly do it I don't know.
hadnt you already decided on the Selfless thing?

(01-20-2014, 04:53 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »I think that deciding how to make level ups work might just be more fun than the actual game.

Yea, probably. Its more interactive. :>
Woohoo, level up!

Stats:

Affinity +1
Defense +2
Guile +1

Traits
Tundra Thorns: Savannah's plant spells benefit from her Permafrost trait and have a 20% chance to cause additional frost damage. (May or may not apply to specials?)

Surprise! (Behind You II): An upgrade to Behind You, Savannah gets a critical hit for the first hit against any enemy that is unaware of her presence or is a state that prevents them from counter-attacking.

Special Ability:
Jungle Fever: Savannah causes the growth of plants resembling those found in a jungle on the battlefield. Enemies unfamiliar with that type of environment take a -2 to Precision and Defense while inside the 'jungle'. In addition, Savannah and the two allies closest to her gain a +3 to Strength. The jungle absorbs magic energy to sustain itself, reducing enemy Affinity by -3 as well as activating Lifeless Power, switching Savannah over to 'Strength mode'. It can also provide the 'Frenzy' buff, which provides an additional +4 to Strength and +50 Power, to any ally who gives up magic use for the duration of the jungle. Frenzy is automatically applied to Savannah when casting Jungle Fever and persists until the jungle dies. The jungle dies after 3 turns, plus one for every spellcaster on the enemy team and every teammate with the Frenzy buff.

That may or may not require tweaking. 030
Bohw seems to do better as AoE damage, and her Hellbent just assists with that. Mayor is the best tank though, so maybe some sort of taunt or aggro skill.
(psst

Don't take this the wrong way, but the Surprise Trait isn't that great on it's own. Unless you can reliably disappear in combat, like with an invisibility potion, then it becomes amazing. But It also synergies with my Leader Skill which I am upgrading, so I can't complain about it too much.)

Stats

+2 Speed
+1 Strength
+1 Bohw's Intimidate
+1 Mayor's Guile

Traits

Focused Hate: When transforming, Bohw has less Insanity the more hurt she is. Critical Failures still give 100% insanity, the chance of Critical Failures when using Hellbent is doubled. (From 5% to 10%)

Leader II: When an ally scores a critical, Bohw gains an even higher bonus to her next roll (It still caps at +6, however). Whenever Bohw assists or is assisted in an attack, her Partner gains the Leader Bonus as well, capping at +6. Partners consume stacks of Leader when assisting and the bonus applies to Special Abilities.
Carefully observing, Bohw has learned the strengths and weaknesses of her comrades, with this knowledge she hopes to steer them in the right direction.

Special Ability

Selfless II:

This replaces Selfless.
When used, Mayor undergos a Crystaline Transformation and relies on his basic, gutteral instincts of protecting everyone he holds dear. Every turn Selfless is Active, Mayor intercepts an attack that would kill another player if possible, or failing that, the highest damage attack that turn that's possible. If Mayor dies intercepting an attack, he explodes in a glorious fashion, dealing damage to anyone nearby (maybe) and making him unable to revive until a period of time passes.

Based on a roll, Mayor gains a Health Regen, Damage Reduction and increased Taunting ability, however he also gains Healing Resistance and Power Reduction based on a seperate roll. By expending Charges the duration and bonuses are increased, Mayor must use at least 1 Charge to activate Selfless, but if he uses the Maximum ammount of storable Charges, in addition to the high bonuses, Mayor also gains access to a hidden ability, which does high damage to a single target and ends his transformation.

High Cooldown. Selfless takes up the turn transforming and cannot be cancled once used. For every turn Selfless is off cool-down, Mayor gains a Selfless Charge.

----

Because lets face it, No Dual-Tech traits when I have 2 characters? I've been missing out, big time. Also making Hellbent more reliable is kind of a pressing issue here.
if you have anything youd like changed, please do so now - until then i'll assume that the most recent thing you posted is what youre going with and will start writing them out slowly.

On another note, after some consideration i think that the best solution to the trait/special bloat thing is not doing anything about it. If you *want* to upgrade things instead of getting new stuff, go ahead - thats been a thing you could do since New Dawn, anyway. But dont stress it.
What I changed about Writ of Challenge

SpoilerShow
(pssst, lucid is a melee assassin with a moderate strength stat and no affinity to speak of at all)

(sometimes she cheats and attacks outside of melee range though, because she can)
I don't suppose I can lock it down to melee too? Melonspa

but nah, this cage will still help somehow.
You weren't kidding about writing them slowly. Its been like three days without any news now!
college project

thats my excuse and i am sticking to it

in seriousness though, i still need Frolic's and Dais' level ups. Not that that will stop me, but.

E: oh and Bohw/Mayor got their stuff done now so hah. Yell at me if you are not satisfied with how they turned out.
What? 8| I thought I posted it...Ahh well, I'll just post it again, sorry for the hold up!

Sincerity +1
Precision +2
Defense +1

Traits:

Bird of Prophecy: Ravens are often linked to omens and prophecies; some say they are protectors and teachers of seers and clairvoyants. Myra's recent exploits have awakened her prophet blood, and divining takes less concentration now. She can now cast spells through whatever she is divining. She can also hear in divinations now.
(If that's a little much, then I'd be fine with talking/casting spells through time not being a thing.)

Galeforce: If Myra kills an enemy, she can act twice in the next turn.

Special Abilities:

Change Form II: An upgrade for Change Form. Upon Changing Form, Myra now gets a Sure-Critical and Bonus for Offensive spells upon Changing Form to Human, and a Sure-Critical for Healing and Utility spells upon Changing Form to Raven.
oh okay, yea you posted that i just thought you were considering whether to change it because of all the puns, but nevermind.
If you think I'm not eventually going to make a special where Myra just caws loudly to devastate enemies (and their ears), or at the very least create some pun-tastic traits, then sir, you are terribly mistaken. That will be a thing, just not this level-up. o3o