Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
(So basically what you're doing is entirely in character and not 100% representative of what you should do in the situation. That's fine and kind of helps to know that now.

Hoo-boy, this is one hell of a fuck-up we've gotten ourselves into.

(Also Credit, said crystal merely makes CDs go down twice as fast and cannot be abused like that.))
(( No worries, MasterBlade, it's cool that you're being realistic with your character, although I'm warning you right now that Myra doesn't know what he's been through, so from her perspective, Thunderpaw's just being a straight-up coward. ))

Myra raises a cacophony as she watches Thunderpaw turn tail and run, cawing and fluttering her wings so hard that some are actually falling out. "What are you doing," she calls out to him using her telepathy, "you're needed in there! You won't accomplish anything by crowing rogue on us! I did not just waste the little time we have with those spells and scrying just for you turn tailfeathers and wren away! The leader is calling for you! She cried for you back there, and you're turning around to leave her?! I'm hearing some strange voices in her head, and they're getting louder...She can't be left to her own devices like this! How dare you act so selfishly! Your life is worth no more than any of ours, you mouse! I could have been helping our team this entire time! Precious moments to have bolstered our comrades! The ones who are actually fighting like the heroes they are! If you waste the time I've invested in preparing for you, I will hunt you down and eat your carcass, as I make some lovely baubles out of the armor and crystals you bear! Yes! If you do not fight, you'd be of better use to the world in my stomach and pockets! Don't be a coward, for flock's sake, and get in this fight!!"

The anger of having those spells wasted away burned in her throat with a bittern taste rising up. Myra takes flight, calling on the Winds of Fate to aid herself and her allies. Riding on the magical gale, Myra dives into the fray, ducking, turning and weaving through obstacles as need to get onto Bohw's shoulder. She decides to act as Bohw's Familiar, and then reaches out her telepathy to her other teammates, "He ran away! That blasted Bunni fled for the entrance! Well, I will not perch by twiddling my feathers any longer! We need to get out of this area, though; there are traps that hamper our physical attacks and healing. Fall back, caw!"

The ravenfolk fixes her gaze on her allies to see if they retreat safely, still seething with anger.

(( tl;dr: Use Winds of Fate on the entire party, and switch Witch's Familiar's benefits to Bohw. ))
Savannah nearly falters as she sees Echo start her attack. The same thing as last time.She's prepared to fight until she hears Bohw calling for a retreat. That was all the encouragement she needed. Kicking the witch forward, Savannah harnesses the power of the nearby plants to cast Aromatherapy on the weeds being stood upon by their adversaries. As the witch is pushed away, Savannah catches a glimpse of Thunderpaw, only... he's going the wrong way! "Hey!" Taking a quick, regret-filled glance back at the rest of the group, Savannah makes the biggest gamble of her life and runs toward the entrance and Thunderpaw.
(12-10-2013, 04:00 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »(Also Credit, said crystal merely makes CDs go down twice as fast and cannot be abused like that.))

(They're also telepathic, and you can talk to them for advice and stuff.)

(I know that we keep discussing Aven'sera as a +1 magic accessory, but there's an NPC in there that everyone seems to keep forgetting about. With opinions and feelings, not just a genetic object.)
(Mael yes and I am not sure what to do with him he's kind of Thunderpaw's friend)
Watson sees the dire situation arising with the spell cast by Echo and so he perceives imminent death. He doesn't quite enjoy thoughts of imminent death and resolves to run away. The mana leapers will undoubtedly help. It is quite sad that this endeavor must be taken away from his fellows but if they think it is correct to make such a hasty retreat, then a hasty retreat he will meet! They will meet Echo once again. Hopefully in a time of preparedness for the rest of his team. For now, Watson flees with the others, doing as he is told.

Bad feelings bite at him like, "What fools we have made of ourselves!" and "They will lay waste to us sooner or later if we do not act now and dispatch them!" but he stows those feelings away. Trapped thoughts like those serve no purpose and only poison him.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
SpoilerShow
Alright shit is about to get real. Latest i will update will be by tomorrow, so get your actions in y'all. By which i mean Dais.

E: CHANGE OF PLANS, BECAUSE APPARENTLY I AM MORE BUSY THAN I HAD ANTICIPATED.
$5 says getting drunk was the worst decision ever and I shouldn't have aggressed Sarth in the first place.
ofcourse you shouldnt have hit Sarth. He was secretly the tanky guy all along.
He needed a drop of blood though. If I had only breathed flames on him before using Fine Wine, he'd be dead. But then I wouldn't have hit as many targets...
flavor
((Yes, chim, applying fire to things tends to improve their flavor. It's called cooking, or so I have been told. Can't really comment on how to properly prepare warlock, however. Can't really properly comment on previously hidden/spoilery characterization, either.))
Nos's takes stock of the situation, seeing those guys who he wasn't supposed to try to wrassle all running away while the people he could totally wrassle if he wanted to (and he kind of did) were sticking around. He coughs involuntarily, reminding him that he isn't in the best shape for such antics right now.

Now, me against ALL of them might be fun, but... I could use a pick-me-up first! Another one.

"Alright guys! Who wants to dance the madne- guys? Oh, right, you're all running away! ALL OF YOU!" Nos chases after his companions as best he can, shouting such things as "turn back and dance with me at them, you fools!" and "I'm not dead, so you guys are probably just fine! FIGHT!"

Because what you need to help you stick with a tough decision is someone actively telling you that you made the wrong choice.
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(12-10-2013, 04:08 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra raises a cacophony as she watches Thunderpaw turn tail and run, cawing and fluttering her wings so hard that some are actually falling out. "What are you doing," she calls out to him using her telepathy, "you're needed in there! You won't accomplish anything by crowing rogue on us! I did not just waste the little time we have with those spells and scrying just for you turn tailfeathers and wren away! The leader is calling for you! She cried for you back there, and you're turning around to leave her?! I'm hearing some strange voices in her head, and they're getting louder...She can't be left to her own devices like this! How dare you act so selfishly! Your life is worth no more than any of ours, you mouse! I could have been helping our team this entire time! Precious moments to have bolstered our comrades! The ones who are actually fighting like the heroes they are! If you waste the time I've invested in preparing for you, I will hunt you down and eat your carcass, as I make some lovely baubles out of the armor and crystals you bear! Yes! If you do not fight, you'd be of better use to the world in my stomach and pockets! Don't be a coward, for flock's sake, and get in this fight!!"

The anger of having those spells wasted away burned in her throat with a bittern taste rising up. Myra takes flight, calling on the Winds of Fate to aid herself and her allies. Riding on the magical gale, Myra dives into the fray, ducking, turning and weaving through obstacles as need to get onto Bohw's shoulder. She decides to act as Bohw's Familiar, and then reaches out her telepathy to her other teammates, "He ran away! That blasted Bunni fled for the entrance! Well, I will not perch by twiddling my feathers any longer! We need to get out of this area, though; there are traps that hamper our physical attacks and healing. Fall back, caw!"

The ravenfolk fixes her gaze on her allies to see if they retreat safely, still seething with anger.

Swooping in through the doorway with gusts of wind in your wake, you invoke the Winds of Fate, bringing with you a fortuitous breeze of power, invigorating your allies and healing them for 390 health! (roll 19+7)

(12-10-2013, 12:27 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Bohw scowled back at Sarth, drawing another arrow from her quiver as she does so, but as she grabs the arrow she clumsily fumbles it and drops it on the ground. Rather than draw another arrow, something slowly dawns upon her, Bohw looks up and gauges the situation.

Something is terribly wrong.

Everyone was heavily wounded, Thunderpaw and Myra were no-where to be seen and the enemy showed no signs of slowing down. Something was terribly wrong.

Mayor wasn't looking forward to the end result of this fight either, his shield thrums with power as he prepares to Block the worst of the attack, but he briefly turns his head to face Bohw. His eyes, his expression, can only be described as a look of regret, he wanted to apologize, he had done all he could and it was not enough, before turning to face Echo and charge her down. It is there Bohw knew exactly what had gone wrong.

A desperate command is issued. "RUN!" Bohw shouts, "Everyone just run for your lives!" as the demonic aura begins to emerge around her once more. Her tone is serious and stricken with grief, anyone here could tell from her voice alone that they shouldn't question their command. Gripping her weapon in one hand and drawing a red rune to trade life for power with her free hand, she makes that entirely clear.

"Get as far away from here as possible!!"

If Sarth's life-draining spell was bad, the feeling that overwhelms you as soon as you finish casting your spell is downright horrendous. Surely nothing compares to feeling your life leak away to nothing... Except, then comes a rush of Power, and you know nothing can stop you.

You gain 60 Power at the cost of 400 health, lasting 5 turns. (Roll 12-1+3)

(12-05-2013, 09:52 PM)Psych Wrote: »"Well boys, girls, and various golems, that was fun. But now it is time to get serious."

Echo slows time, and activates Arcane Consumption dealing damage,

Drawing all the latent magical energy surrounding the area into yourself, you unleash it all in a torrent of arcane might, dealing 371 damage to each of your foes! (roll 6+5)

You are practically afire with power, ready to obliterate them at a moments notice.

Razan Wrote:"We act as One."
"We act as One."

Razan surges with power as an aura of twin energies surrounds him, radiating life and light.
Razan heals all allies for 153 health!
Razan's power burns all enemies for 144 damage! The remaining corshar, the dwarf and a single shadow minion succumb to their wounds, falling over dead.

"We hope you know what you do, impling. Fate favor you."

He casts a spell on Bohw, then moves to join the fallback.

(12-10-2013, 04:14 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah nearly falters as she sees Echo start her attack. The same thing as last time.She's prepared to fight until she hears Bohw calling for a retreat. That was all the encouragement she needed. Kicking the witch forward, Savannah harnesses the power of the nearby plants to cast Aromatherapy on the weeds being stood upon by their adversaries. As the witch is pushed away, Savannah catches a glimpse of Thunderpaw, only... he's going the wrong way! "Hey!" Taking a quick, regret-filled glance back at the rest of the group, Savannah makes the biggest gamble of her life and runs toward the entrance and Thunderpaw.

The invigorating power of the hidden fauna is soon awoken, and you bring it to bear to heal your allies for 225 health! (Roll 15+5, crit)

You make a beeline towards the exit, and noone gets in your way. Except Echo.

(12-10-2013, 04:20 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson sees the dire situation arising with the spell cast by Echo and so he perceives imminent death. He doesn't quite enjoy thoughts of imminent death and resolves to run away. The mana leapers will undoubtedly help. It is quite sad that this endeavor must be taken away from his fellows but if they think it is correct to make such a hasty retreat, then a hasty retreat he will meet! They will meet Echo once again. Hopefully in a time of preparedness for the rest of his team. For now, Watson flees with the others, doing as he is told.

Bad feelings bite at him like, "What fools we have made of ourselves!" and "They will lay waste to us sooner or later if we do not act now and dispatch them!" but he stows those feelings away. Trapped thoughts like those serve no purpose and only poison him.

You retreat back the hallway you came, avoiding further harm thanks to your mana leapers.

(12-11-2013, 07:29 PM)Dais Wrote: »Nos's takes stock of the situation, seeing those guys who he wasn't supposed to try to wrassle all running away while the people he could totally wrassle if he wanted to (and he kind of did) were sticking around. He coughs involuntarily, reminding him that he isn't in the best shape for such antics right now.

Now, me against ALL of them might be fun, but... I could use a pick-me-up first! Another one.

"Alright guys! Who wants to dance the madne- guys? Oh, right, you're all running away! ALL OF YOU!" Nos chases after his companions as best he can, shouting such things as "turn back and dance with me at them, you fools!" and "I'm not dead, so you guys are probably just fine! FIGHT!"

Because what you need to help you stick with a tough decision is someone actively telling you that you made the wrong choice.

You retreat, though somewhat less gracefully than Watson.

psychout Wrote:before throwing her Flame Crystal in the air and letting it zap Mael, Savannah and Nos with flames.

Channeling all of your considerable power into the glimmering ruby, you unleash an inferno of flames, engulfing first Savannah, then Nos in a sea of fire, dealing 759 damage! (Roll 4+5, crit) Savannah seems to be managing a lot better than you expected her to be, as if the fire doesnt burn her as strongly as it should have. Regardless, as you prepare to give Mael the same threatment, Mayor suddenly leaps in front of the blast, ducking behind his shield for a moment and then surging forward to punch the magical barrier surrounding you for 43 damage (roll 4+5). Then he punches it again, dealing 101 damage (roll 16+5). A rather pitiful pair of attacks, but he did kind of just ruin your moment of triumph. Ugh.

---

The Witch casts Binding on Lucid and herself!

Lucid, bleeding thoroughly from her many wounds moving erratically, cackles to herself as she whips a dagger into her left hand, then throwing it in the same motion, striking the fleeing Nos in the back, dealing 240 damage! Between his recent incineration and an assassins dagger suddenly sprouting from his back, its too much for Nos, and he collapses only a couple yards into the corridor, his vision going dark.

Mael and Taran, who had been making up the rear guard of the retreat, stop short and turn to defend Nos' body from Sarth's dark minions! The minions swarm Mael, Taran and Savannah, attacking with vicious claws! Mael takes 25, MISS nad 80 damage. Taran takes 85, MISS and 40 damage. Savannah takes 5, MISS and 100 damage.

Mael and Taran each slay one of the minions in retaliation.

Karin backs away, taking in the scene. "Heh. Jaeger will want to know about this." Then, with a quick motion, he throws something to the ground, followed immediately by a bright flash. When next anyone can see, he's gone, leaving behind only smoke where he stood before.

Sarth hurls a shadowbolt after Watson, striking the fleeing gentleman in the back for 204 damage!

---

(12-09-2013, 12:37 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Auras, traps, a small army. Bah, this battle was lost before it even began! He should have pursued echo when she was weakened earlier; for now the heroes were at disadvantage.

And at the time, Thunderpaw knew he was the bigger target. Even as the demon in the room's center cast to strike down those he swore to protect, he hesitated. Jumping straight into the heart of battle was in his nature. It was so much easier when his death would mean nothing. But if he fell, so would the world. He could not afford to be so selfish. If he had fallen earlier, at the hydra, what would the world had done then? What will it do now?

As Echo charged for her magnum opus, Thunderpaw took a few steps back.

And then he turned to run. He ran faster than he had ever run before; straight for the entrance. Straight for where his horse was waiting in case of a need to escape. He ran, and left tears in his wake.

He had failed.

You flee. The darkened sun that taints the land mocks seems to mock your every step, but you know you move towards safety. You find Farstrider where you left him, giving a nervous neigh as you approach. Soon, you are riding away, taking your burdens with you. However, it is not soon before a shadow falls over the landscape, casting you and your surroundings in darkness. Fearing what you may find, you look to the sky.

SpoilerShow

Selphy Wrote:"Torhald! Swing the ship around and lower it till' we skim the ground. Give me a clear shot to the entrance!"

Swooping out of the sky aboard your airship, you soon make your presence known as you aim the turret-mounted heavy rifle at the bow of your new ship. Spotting a viable target through the scope, a particularly crazed-looking woman, you pull the trigger, the shot ringing out, and watch as she slumps forwards, dead on the spot. Curiously, a second nearby woman, obviously a caster of some sort, also falls to the floor, apparently dead aswell, though she was nowhere near your target.

Regardless, it is on.

Stats
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Echo sneers at the sudden windfall. There was no time to help Lucid, before they got away. "I'll take down this whole building if I have to! No one is going to beat me! I have to win! My magic can't fail, it's impossible!"

She unleashes dark tendrils of energy from her body and strangling Bohw with them before throwing her back down the hallway. She then casts Reverse Gravity on Savannah, Bohw, and Mael, and attempts to use the gravity to destroy the exit as well. "None of you are getting out of here. even if I have to destroy this whole building!"
Selphy takes note of another particularly crazed-looking woman and unleashes Judgement Calling upon Echo.
SpoilerShow

Watson looks up in a drunken haze to see some blasted FLYING MACHINE and he seems very afraid of the lady and man in control of said machine as they have the higher ground and could probably shoot accurately from that HULKING STEAM-BEAST FLIER. From what he's heard, they are very rare among commoners, usually being utilized to deliver mass amounts of somethings. Some of which are usually in the grey area of legality. The very idea of some ordinary person having their own, and participate in battle with it, no less! It strikes him as a foolhardy idea. Does she have no idea what she is getting herself into? Watson wants to leave, at this point, as his team is clearly ill-prepared for all that is happening.

Watson sees clearly that his friend is in dire need of some help. He goes over, and slings Nos across his back and takes him to a safe-place unpopulated by enemies. There, he produces the Vase from his hat and allows Nos to drink from Shanterel's loaned teacup. He'll just have to risk whatever the steamship-flying woman can dish out to him from here.
Savannah loses sight of Thunderpaw and swears. "What the hell?!" He has the things! Those things that they needed. He just ran off with 'em! Savannah starts to try and chase him when she was hit with a scorching blast that swallowed her up. The inferno distracts her from the whirring of the flying thing. She didn't even notice it. Staggering forward, Savannah almost immediately gets attacked by more of those shadow things. After fending them off, she lurches forward again, only to have her feet leave the ground.

Floating off the ground is really the last straw for her. She howls in anger and casts Parasitic Relationship. The plants around Echo's legs spring to life, wrapping themselves around her and sticking tiny needles into her skin. The roots detach from the ground and anchor themselves on Echo's ankles as the stalks continue to spread.
Mayor bashes his shield in a taunting fashion, apparently not very impressed by Echo's spell. He then smacks her to the ground with his shield to hamper her spells and runs out the front entrance like a coward. Of course, Mayor refuses to leave Bohw behind and hides behind the entrance, there's no way he's going to have her fight them all alone, but there is also no way Mayor is going to stay in a room with a Hellbent Impling.

It's then when Mayor looks ahead, he sees a hopeful sight.

Bohw however is left with nothing but her thoughts, almost oblivious to her surroundings as she let the angered whispers build up into a furious howling. Three times she had given into her emotions and worked herself into a demonic rage, but this time she was openly letting herself lose control. What was she doing?!

Hell, if anyone knew what she was doing, it wouldn't be herself. But as the transformation completes and Bohw's demonic form shows itself, she immediately charges towards Echo. Grabbing her Longbow and pulls back the bowstring, conjuring a pitch black bolt in place of an arrow. Clearly she is going to shoot Echo with it, right?

...Right?

SpoilerShow
Myra's beak nearly falls to the floor over all that is transpiring. That Echo person worries her greatly, Bohw is going haywire, Thunderpaw turned tail, that Nos fellow looks dead (she really hopes that's just him playing a prank on everybody) , and she simply refuses to think of what would have happened if they all stuck around in that room. Nevermind the toll of this battle just yet, she needs to get out of Bohw's Hellbent sights and help her comrades. She glides beside Watson as Nos is taken with them to the safe spot, and promptly begins to cast a powerful healing spell on Nos, hoping it will be enough.
(So I did some calculations, if I am not mistaken, Bohw has 307 current power this turn and +18 to her roll. (Speed stat, hellbent, leader.) Plus hellbent is further improved by nos dying.

Yeah. So whoever she hits this turn, there is no two ways about it, they're gonna die.)
403 Power, actually. 120+50+60*1.75 = 403. Assuming a roll of 10, thats 1128 average damage per attack, without considering crits or misses. People who are not Bohw might want to run.

On another note, Savannah would also have gone down if i hadnt remembered that she happens to have a 50% damage reduction against fire

Echo will also not gain the Selfless buff as it is not a magical effect, and because its a thing that is specifically specific to Mayor. Other stuff should be incoming right about now though.

Also, just in case everyone forgot, this is still a thing

(09-28-2013, 10:09 AM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Black Zenith Balance Patch 1.07

General

Being reduced to 0 health no longer immediately kills a player but instead disables them until the end of combat or until 50% of their health has been restored. If not healed, a single hit will be sufficient to kill. However while in this state healing taken is reduced by 75%. Shielding has full effectiveness.
Thunderpaw tried his best to avoid gazing at the sky and the ship that dwelled above. It was funny actually; considering the timing it almost reminded him of that airship girl from earlier.

Wait a second.

IS IT THAT AIRSHIP GIRL FROM EARLIER!?!?

It was rather advantageous for her to show with reinforcement, but too late still. Using her airship fire as cover, Thunderpaw would slip away into the darkness unnoticed, until both the ruins and the ship were far from sight.

But he could not stop yet, nor ever. Now that he was truly alone there would be no safe opportunity for rest. Someone would always be after him, and he needed a base of operations to launch the retrieval of the remaining shards. Some place to bunker down, somewhere well-defended. Somewhere known to those he could call allies.

Thunderpaw pulled the map scroll from his bag, and immediately changed his heading. The Mountain Shrine would be his sanctuary in this time of uncertainty. Perhaps its spires could grant him time to rest, and reflect.
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(12-13-2013, 04:05 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor bashes his shield in a taunting fashion, apparently not very impressed by Echo's spell. He then smacks her to the ground with his shield to hamper her spells and runs out the front entrance like a coward. Of course, Mayor refuses to leave Bohw behind and hides behind the entrance, there's no way he's going to have her fight them all alone, but there is also no way Mayor is going to stay in a room with a Hellbent Impling.

It's then when Mayor looks ahead, he sees a hopeful sight.

Bohw however is left with nothing but her thoughts, almost oblivious to her surroundings as she let the angered whispers build up into a furious howling. Three times she had given into her emotions and worked herself into a demonic rage, but this time she was openly letting herself lose control. What was she doing?!

Hell, if anyone knew what she was doing, it wouldn't be herself. But as the transformation completes and Bohw's demonic form shows itself, she immediately charges towards Echo. Grabbing her Longbow and pulls back the bowstring, conjuring a pitch black bolt in place of an arrow. Clearly she is going to shoot Echo with it, right?

...Right?

Mayor charges at Echo, trying to smack her with his shield. However, Echo's time magic allows her to easily sidestep the slow attack (Hit 7-1 Vs Defense 8). He then flees out into the open.

Meanwhile, Bohw trembles with demonic rage, trying to focus and control herself. But theres no holding it back, and the transformation overtakes her even as she cackles with glee and raises her bow, conjuring an arrow of pitch black and loosing it on Echo in one fluid motion. The arrow explodes in a cacophony of dark power, blasting Echo back against the opposite wall and dealing 1451 damage! (Roll 16+12+6+2)

(12-13-2013, 01:06 AM)Psych Wrote: »Echo sneers at the sudden windfall. There was no time to help Lucid, before they got away. "I'll take down this whole building if I have to! No one is going to beat me! I have to win! My magic can't fail, it's impossible!"

She unleashes dark tendrils of energy from her body and strangling Bohw with them before throwing her back down the hallway. She then casts Reverse Gravity on Savannah, Bohw, and Mael, and attempts to use the gravity to destroy the exit as well. "None of you are getting out of here. even if I have to destroy this whole building!"

You try to strangle Bohw and move her about as you please, but the vicious little bastard seems to just plain refuse to budge. Or care about the murderous appendages around her throat for that matter. You deal 113 damage to her, but thats about all you accomplish (roll 2+5-2).

Fortunately she is still close enough to Mael for you to affect both of them with Reverse Gravity, though. Savannah on the other hand is in the exact opposite direction, so you let her be and instead cast your spell on Mael and Bohw.

Mael is smacked against the stone roof, taking 406 damage! (roll 19+5+2-2). The ceiling rumbles ominously. That increased gravity aura seems to finally be paying off.

Bohw, however, appears to have some kind of levitation spell active. She falls up into the air, but then stops short of the ceiling, hovering in place and glaring at you. Damnit.

(12-13-2013, 01:38 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy takes note of another particularly crazed-looking woman and unleashes Judgement Calling upon Echo.

You launch a bolt of light at Echo, the attack dealing 270 damage (roll 3+6) and blinding her, lowering her Hit by 3!

(12-13-2013, 02:49 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson looks up in a drunken haze to see some blasted FLYING MACHINE and he seems very afraid of the lady and man in control of said machine as they have the higher ground and could probably shoot accurately from that HULKING STEAM-BEAST FLIER. From what he's heard, they are very rare among commoners, usually being utilized to deliver mass amounts of somethings. Some of which are usually in the grey area of legality. The very idea of some ordinary person having their own, and participate in battle with it, no less! It strikes him as a foolhardy idea. Does she have no idea what she is getting herself into? Watson wants to leave, at this point, as his team is clearly ill-prepared for all that is happening.

Watson sees clearly that his friend is in dire need of some help. He goes over, and slings Nos across his back and takes him to a safe-place unpopulated by enemies. There, he produces the Vase from his hat and allows Nos to drink from Shanterel's loaned teacup. He'll just have to risk whatever the steamship-flying woman can dish out to him from here.

You move Nos further into the ruins where he should be out of reach of both Echo's auras and any potentially lethal spells being slung about.
Not being conscious to actually accept aid, you only manage to get a little of the healing water in Nos, healing him for 100 health.

Razan Wrote:"We regrow."

Razan continues radiating restorative power, healing his allies for 153 health. Savannah, Mayor and Thunderpaw seem to be too far away to be affected.

Razan himself also seems to be too far away for his other aura to damage anything. The aura grows and swirls around him as if furious, taking on an unstable dark green hue.

Then he points at Mael, currently lying prone on the ceiling, and casts a spell. A brilliant shield of light appears around Mael, protecting him from harm. (roll 17+8+2)

Then he casts another spell, healing those around him for 252 health each (roll 11+8+2).

(12-13-2013, 03:11 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah loses sight of Thunderpaw and swears. "What the hell?!" He has the things! Those things that they needed. He just ran off with 'em! Savannah starts to try and chase him when she was hit with a scorching blast that swallowed her up. The inferno distracts her from the whirring of the flying thing. She didn't even notice it. Staggering forward, Savannah almost immediately gets attacked by more of those shadow things. After fending them off, she lurches forward again, only to have her feet leave the ground.

Floating off the ground is really the last straw for her. She howls in anger and casts Parasitic Relationship. The plants around Echo's legs spring to life, wrapping themselves around her and sticking tiny needles into her skin. The roots detach from the ground and anchor themselves on Echo's ankles as the stalks continue to spread.

Though you didnt actually end up getting floated around, you still cast parasitic relationship on Echo! The dried out shrubs surrounding Echo take to leeching blood with gusto, quickly dealing 260 damage! (Roll 20+6)

(12-13-2013, 07:16 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra's beak nearly falls to the floor over all that is transpiring. That Echo person worries her greatly, Bohw is going haywire, Thunderpaw turned tail, that Nos fellow looks dead (she really hopes that's just him playing a prank on everybody) , and she simply refuses to think of what would have happened if they all stuck around in that room. Nevermind the toll of this battle just yet, she needs to get out of Bohw's Hellbent sights and help her comrades. She glides beside Watson as Nos is taken with them to the safe spot, and promptly begins to cast a powerful healing spell on Nos, hoping it will be enough.

Powerful might be so much said - you only barely manage to restore 200 health to him (roll 1+7+2).

(12-14-2013, 09:09 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Thunderpaw tried his best to avoid gazing at the sky and the ship that dwelled above. It was funny actually; considering the timing it almost reminded him of that airship girl from earlier.

Wait a second.

IS IT THAT AIRSHIP GIRL FROM EARLIER!?!?

It was rather advantageous for her to show with reinforcement, but too late still. Using her airship fire as cover, Thunderpaw would slip away into the darkness unnoticed, until both the ruins and the ship were far from sight.

But he could not stop yet, nor ever. Now that he was truly alone there would be no safe opportunity for rest. Someone would always be after him, and he needed a base of operations to launch the retrieval of the remaining shards. Some place to bunker down, somewhere well-defended. Somewhere known to those he could call allies.

Thunderpaw pulled the map scroll from his bag, and immediately changed his heading. The Mountain Shrine would be his sanctuary in this time of uncertainty. Perhaps its spires could grant him time to rest, and reflect.

You set course for the Hamera mountainpeaks, hoping to find solace there.

Thunderpaw has absconded!

---

Taran slays one of Sarth's minions! However, he then immediately gets attacked by five more, hitting him for 45, 50, Miss, 25 and 45!

Speaking of which, Savannah also has her fair share of minions to deal with. However, her evasive skills keep her entirely unharmed.

Sarth starts casting a teleportation spell.

Stats
SpoilerShow