Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
You could cast mass haste if you rolled really well. If you didnt, you could still cast it. It'd just be so bad it would make no difference.

Also, i was planning on proposing a move once we reached the end of the chapter. I had hoped to get there faster, but i kind of always hope to make everything go faster so thats hardly news.
SpoilerShow
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
A lot. No definite number, but a lot. It will depend on how fast i can get the story told.

And yes, as i hinted at at the end of A New Dawn, this is a trilogy. The last game in the series will be radically different though.

After that i have been making plans for a new genre, not unlike Demigods.
SpoilerShow
doesn't echo techincally have haste or something right now due to slow time?

also malignant reflection would make you guys slowed if you tried that I think
Hellos. Still distracted by things.

Assuming I have priority over the doomstorm attack, think popping Blade of Light on Echo would have any effect? I mean, could cause a flinch, maybe un-evil her if corruption is the source of motive.

Alternatively, I could bail and save crystals from harm very easily. As my strategy of "Bash and Ditch" will likely be ineffective in gravity room, what do?
(12-08-2013, 01:26 PM)Psych Wrote: »doesn't echo techincally have haste or something right now due to slow time?

also malignant reflection would make you guys slowed if you tried that I think

Technically, yes. Practically, no. Your haste is so powerful that it wraps around to allow you to act twice. Thus only your first action will be taken before the others'. You've all been overcomplicating things all along.
SpoilerShow
Ofcourse you cant prevent it. Even if you stunned or silenced her that would only take effect for next turn, and both of those effects require a rather good roll. Assuming that you forget entirely about messing around with turn orders, it would look something like this

thunderpaw & myra
bohw
Echo's first action
razan
everyone else
echo's second action

I would advocate picking one course of action and sticking to it and not worrying about whether or not she might kill someone. Besides theres always the new death system, so even if somebody is brought down they still wont die immediately.

tldr; stop worrying and hope she doesnt roll twenties
spoiler alert I roll twenties
SpoilerShow
the maximum amount, which is four. You could hit Lucid, Echo, Sarth and one of Sarth's minions. Karin is standing a little further away.
Just to be clear, those two traps are only in that corridor, and once the party leaves that area, melee, ranged, and healing will be back to normal, right?

'Cause if that's the case, then all we need to do is make sure everyone gets outside.
SpoilerShow
Myra, Thunderpaw, Bohw and Razan are the only ones not inside the area at the moment. their targets are still affected though, both for healing and damage, assuming that they are inside the aura. On the other hand, someone standing inside the aura healing someone outside would not have their healing reduced (damage would still be though)
Wait, is the gravity area in the room, or in the entrance hallway?

Actually, can we have a general strategy map? The utter doom seems to warrant it...
[Image: 4fe9.png]

something like this

the auras fill out the room and extend a little up the corridor, but Razan and Bohw are further away than indicated and are not affected

Blade of Light would be unaffected by the gravity aura, but not by the anti-heal aura (if used to heal)
okay
OKAY
can i just pop in and say we just hit them

our commands is gonna take years at this rate and also credit your plan is just getting progressively more terrible i am not hasting you to let you have priority to dance on echo's head and have you die

I repeat: The reason why we're losing is because we have no staying power in this. Thunderpaw is practically doing nothing in taking down Echo and her Allies, while Myra is buffing Thunderpaw, which helps no-one. Myra has even scryed and detected no-traps other than the unavoidable auras there is virtually no excuse for you hitting them right now.

WE HAVE TWO OPTIONS IF WE DON'T FLEE THE BATTLE:
1: Retreat to area where the auras are no longer affecting us, but give them another turn of stomping us.
Or
2: Continue to fight here on their own terms.

PICK ONE.

(We cannot push through the barricade they have to fight them outside away from the traps, but Thunderpaw and Myra can easily escape back into the ruins by pushing through with their jumpy and raven morphy-abilites.)

IF WE RETREAT:
Thunderpaw and Myra pass the barricades to regroup with the others.
Myra uses Winds of Fate.
Thunderpaw HITS THEM smacks a wounded target down while passing through. Ideally Karin or Lucid.
Bohw/Savannah/Nos do some covering fire to disarm as much damage being thrown at us with spells and stunning grenades. (Savannah can also use Aromatherapy)
Mayor covers the retreat with his body for the more squish and wounded among the group.
Watson is too wounded to cover the retreat and should just leg it.

IF WE FIGHT:
Myra uses Winds of Fate, stays outside.
Thunderpaw goes in and smacks someone down, ideally Lucid or Karin. Even if there is a trap, your buffs, winds of fate will neglect damage and Myra can easily cure statuses with her own spells I hope I've made clear what I want you to do now
Mayor fucking tackles Echo to the ground. It will reduce the overall damage thrown out from her and other fun stuff.
Bohw commands Taran to help Mayor.
Watson, Savannah and Nos can continue fighting in whatever way they please. Nos and Watson can help disarm Echo if they are feeling bold, but if not, they should focus on dealing with the big threats. (Lucid, Sarth, Echo and Karin)
Bohw will charge up her AoE Multi-shot to get full use of the Winds of Fate and use it on Echo and Co or the 15 or so minions of Sarth, depending on the results of next round.

OR WE BOOK IT AND RUN AWAY.

PICK ONE EVERYONE.
I PERSONALLY WANT TO STAY BECAUSE I AM A CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER BUT YEAH I'D RATHER NOT HAVE THIS TURN DRAG OUT FOREVER.

(Just remembered, I know Echo cannot steal the crystals from Thunderpaws but she is a thief right, so bonus damage?)
the dancing on the head thing was a joke. I plan to jump high in the air [spitting flames as I ascend] and then mana-leap over the barricade

Also I choose retreat
Auras, traps, a small army. Bah, this battle was lost before it even began! He should have pursued echo when she was weakened earlier; for now the heroes were at disadvantage.

And at the time, Thunderpaw knew he was the bigger target. Even as the demon in the room's center cast to strike down those he swore to protect, he hesitated. Jumping straight into the heart of battle was in his nature. It was so much easier when his death would mean nothing. But if he fell, so would the world. He could not afford to be so selfish. If he had fallen earlier, at the hydra, what would the world had done then? What will it do now?

As Echo charged for her magnum opus, Thunderpaw took a few steps back.

And then he turned to run. He ran faster than he had ever run before; straight for the entrance. Straight for where his horse was waiting in case of a need to escape. He ran, and left tears in his wake.

He had failed.
(Who's side are you on.)

Bohw scowled back at Sarth, drawing another arrow from her quiver as she does so, but as she grabs the arrow she clumsily fumbles it and drops it on the ground. Rather than draw another arrow, something slowly dawns upon her, Bohw looks up and gauges the situation.

Something is terribly wrong.

Everyone was heavily wounded, Thunderpaw and Myra were no-where to be seen and the enemy showed no signs of slowing down. Something was terribly wrong.

Mayor wasn't looking forward to the end result of this fight either, his shield thrums with power as he prepares to Block the worst of the attack, but he briefly turns his head to face Bohw. His eyes, his expression, can only be described as a look of regret, he wanted to apologize, he had done all he could and it was not enough, before turning to face Echo and charge her down. It is there Bohw knew exactly what had gone wrong.

A desperate command is issued. "RUN!" Bohw shouts, "Everyone just run for your lives!" as the demonic aura begins to emerge around her once more. Her tone is serious and stricken with grief, anyone here could tell from her voice alone that they shouldn't question their command. Gripping her weapon in one hand and drawing a red rune to trade life for power with her free hand, she makes that entirely clear.

"Get as far away from here as possible!!"

Simplified Version:
SpoilerShow
(The emotionally-distraught/unstable one. Also, probably a healthy dose of panic)

(On a side note, whats with the over-aggression lately?)
(uuugh I don't want to go into the details right now, don't take this the wrong way but I don't know whats going on with you all of a sudden

holding onto all the crystals/literally useless items in your hands
practically ignoring people's plans + opinions
flat out refusing to help in the fight
You're just not wanting to co-operate with the party in general really :/

and it's just "wtf are you even doing" it is legitimate confusing me why you're doing all this and I am starting to literally think you have your own agenda

but whatevs, if I am coming off as aggressive and I'm SUPER SORRY I DON'T MEAN TO BE HONEST, but the way you are currently acting not being the most helpful, at least in my own opinion, okay?)
The aggression is because we want to cremate and feed you to the dogs, Masterblade, and then we will cremate the dogs and feed those to some other unsuspecting person. Wasn't it obvious? Melonspa

But yeah, I think Aven'sara should go in Myra's hands, Plot Crystal or not.

Also I just realized Samsouvra's effect can still be manipulated. If you use all your specials, you can hand it off real quick to someone else who is about to use theirs and it'll be a beautiful whirlybird pattern of people scamming CW off of precious cooldowns.
Character Motivation:
(May contain backstory details only discussed with GM IC'ly)
SpoilerShow

TL/DR Version
SpoilerShow