Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
SpoilerShow
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
turn priority is always something that is not necessarily predictable. Well except for Bohw, who will always technically act first thanks to her basilisk scale mail. Generally though the first poster has the advantage so you're kind of screwed unless you do something about that.

and ofcourse you can pm. yes. scheme! schemes everywhere!

On another not it turned out i forgot to apply Watson's heal to Nos and Thunderpaw so i fixed that
SpoilerShow
Sure. If you're thinking about the vase though, please remember that i stated it would claim both your turn and whomever it was healing. Actually, might aswell make that an effective balance change now before you insist on resorting to use it as some kind of magical nuclear bomb.

Actually, Thunderpaw and Myra also have a speed boost so they will also be more likely to have their actions be extra relevant or something along those lines.

Black Zenith Balance Patch yaddayadda version something or the other

Watson's Water Vase is no longer unstable during combat, but now requires both Watson and whomever he is healing to spend a turn using it. Alternatively he can spend a turn to place it on the ground, allowing anyone to use it (still takes a turn), however they are obviously required to move to wherever the damn thing is placed. Also, enemies can use it too if placed.
SpoilerShow
I dont think that matters particularly but why yes sorry for ruining your evil schemes

Its more a question of what numbers turn up at this point, honestly
eh echo doesn't even need it, i'd prefer my minions to get it anyway and those are chim controlled
Well you're perfectly allowed to yell orders anytime

Not that any of them seem to be particularly inclined to take the time to stop and listen, being rather busy not dying and all.
SpoilerShow
I'm pretty sure Myra could also take advantage of her speed boost to dash in and use a short-distance teleportation spell on everyone or something. Or even stun/distract the enemies to give the party an escape opening. Something like that...Or at the very least, disable that healing trap so we can get some sufficient healing.

Also it should be noted that Savannah can use her magic and plantiness because she's near the exit now.

I would personally love to see an update start off with all enemies on the ground screaming over a loud, cacophonous raven cawing in their heads about bird puns.
SpoilerShow
It is most definitely not; it's moments like these that Winds of Fate is for! Speaking of Winds of Fate, since it's a special ability, its healing effects wouldn't be influenced by that healing trap, would it? I'm sure it'll help nonetheless, but yeah I'd like to know. o3o
SpoilerShow
spoiler echo was the ghost lady this whole time

also besides just the HP buff I kind of expect Echo to get nerfed if she ever becomes a normal PC, since I might have accidentally meta gamed and made most of my stuff op thanks to all spells affecting echo lasting a bonus turn
yea if you stop being evil youre getting nerfed to the ground. Its fine now though. Meloncooly

(12-07-2013, 05:18 AM)Frolic Wrote: »It is most definitely not; it's moments like these that Winds of Fate is for! Speaking of Winds of Fate, since it's a special ability, its healing effects wouldn't be influenced by that healing trap, would it? I'm sure it'll help nonetheless, but yeah I'd like to know. o3o

It is still affected, but considering that the trap is only taking 1/4th of your healing away it might still be plenty enough. The Power boost would also help with any follow-up actions.

Also shit i totally forgot about the diadem. I was waiting to see if you were going to hand it over before writing it onto the list and then i got distracted with setting up the hydra fight. It is still totally a thing, though. Savannah could probably use it to make herself immune for this round, but that would also make her immune to healing and incabable of casting spells.
Here's my take on the current nonsense going on.

Just wanting to point out: Mayor is still currently in selfless mode with a healthy 1224 health (with regen) and will tank any lethal hits, because Selfless is OP like that and still will be OP until the next level up. If anyone is gonna die this turn, it's gonna be Mayor.

Also, Thunderpaw + Myra have Grace of The Wind and that might give them some priority? Some info on that Chim?

Winds of fate is an amazing ability however and will keep us going for another turn minimum, but we need to hurt the amount of damage being thrown at us, the fact that our only dedicated support and one of the biggest damage dealers are currently outside doing next to nothing in this battle is not helping. Thunderpaw needs to beat down Echo, Sarth, Lucid ect, and Myra needs to get in an do the supporty thing if we are to have any staying power in this fight.

Sarth and Echo are huge threats right now but I am not 100% sure how to deal with them aside from having Mayor sit on one of them. That shield on Sarth and his 10 or so minions is worrying. But Lucid and Karin are close to death and can be dealt with this turn if enough damage is dealt out, hell, if Thunderpaw has priority he can just Vendetta either one of them to death in a single blow before they do anything.

(Also, as a last resort, Bohw can go Hellbent and the ensuing shitstorm might be enough to escape under. But only as a last resort, going Hellbent in this battle is a bad idea.)

((Btw Chim, shouldn't of Mayor lashed back at Sarth for hurting Bohw? Also the Selfless CD is incorrect.))
damnit blazer i had JUST lured Psych into thinking it was win time and then you mention selfless, that was totally supposed to be supersecret and a sudden surprise

yes the Wind buff will give Myra and Thunderpaw priority. It also does other things but IM NOT TELLING

And Mayor was out of range, Lucid, Watson and Mael are kind of blocking any immediate path to Sarth from Mayor's position. I always have a mental image of where everyone is standing, even if i am horrible at making that clear.
how would psychout not know that
no seriously
yeah but selfless was one target while Arcane consumption is all targets so

and then it goes ahead and powers up my flame crystal for three more targets

and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your stupid imp

why did i waste banish on echo and not save it for hellbent

SpoilerShow
(12-07-2013, 01:03 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Wait, so the Vase can't be forced on someone? Like, Watson can't drink the water from a teacup while Echo is chained to a table, forced to listen to Watson's ramblings and bad jokes?

Still haven't gotten an answer to this.
how is that forcing it on anyone

thats watson drinking it all on his with echo randomly in the same scene

but no you probably cant. why would you even want to force someone to drink healing water anyway?
water you going to do about it, huh watson?
SpoilerShow
Oh so you were just trying to abuse it taking up a turn

Obviously that is not a thing that is possible
SpoilerShow