Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Black Zenith Balance Patch 1.043136

Thunderpaw

After due consideration, Fury Comet is now once again capped at dealing 2x Power damage to the main target. Because Thunderpaw already has too many singletarget nukes and theres really no reason to turn the aoe one into a singletarget one also. Its damage will still be split out across all available targets though when applicable.

Mayor

If It Bleed's now grants a static +2 defense. This would probably have been overpowered if Mayor hadnt been only ½ player. Yes, thats my excuse and i am sticking to it.

On another note i also often forget that Stagger exists. I dunno why i didnt mention that.

Watson

Reduced his damage reduction to 5%.

Merlin Cant Touch this now grants a 15% chance to completely dodge any spell.

Savannah

Renamed Reactive to Reactive Defense and changed it to give a static +2 defense, thus making it incredibly boring flavorwise. Be a little more specific when suggesting what should be changed? :D (Its what im here for you know)

Also, changed Lifeless Power to grant Hit instead of Defense, because you're not allowed to stack two traits that do more or less precisely the same thing. Hit is also some good stuff though so dont worry none about that.

Permafrost now causes the target to take an additional 10% damage from all sources. I'll still forget it exists though probably its just a lot less likely i think. Also making it work with all Savannahs spells is dumb shhhhh like i mean do your vines have frozen thorns or something wouldnt that be really ineffective?

Myra

Remember when i said Myra was totally new and so didnt need to be balanced for the moment?

I was wrong. I forgot how BLOODY OVERPOWERED Winds of Fate is. Like i mean i knew even before she used it but didnt fix it whats up with that. Anyway, it now has a cooldown of 26. Yes, 26. Thats how overpowered it is. I mean come ON its like a 7x Heal AND a 33% damage buff to everyone. It even scales up to become even more powerful if you have extra allies following you around, whats up with that?

Myra's Witch Familiar now allows her to select anyone to give a +3 to Hit. She can switch this bonus around once per round as it pleases her.

Did i forget something? Im sure i forgot something. Theres probably some sick overpowered something something that still needs nerfing somewhere. You should tell me about it. So i can nerf it. To the ground.
Also, Watson swipes Thunderpaw's book before he can even take a look at it. Also also the remaining money is distributed among the last three people (Poor Mayor gets NOTHING).

Bohw gains 13 coins, while Nos and Myra gain 12.
(09-10-2013, 06:03 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Also, Watson swipes Thunderpaw's book before he can even take a look at it.

(I was referring to "The Travels of Jain Farstrider" in that post with the book. I'm pretty sure Watson made no mention of stealing that from my posession.)

(Also, while I do agree with your reasoning for un-nuking fury comet, I do have qualms with how you decided to rig it. Instead of splitting a fixed power amount between 1-4 targets, why not have it deal X damage to the primary target and Y splash to every applicable target within range? Unlike the power split method, gearing splash damage as a fixed variable will put more focus on hitting larger groups with the attack, rather than nuking one target in particular. It also allows for less calculations on your part and closer resembles the spirit of Fury Comet's original design.)
I knew you were talking about the Travels of Jain Farstrider initially, but i thought you meant the other book at this line since i didnt see the logic in suddenly pulling out the book

Quote:He then put both book and locket back in his bag, taking a fair 10 gold as he left back to the off shore.

Also Fury Comet was intended as sorts of a hybrid singletarget and aoe i thought? I mean if you want it to be purely an aoe it can do that but it will then do bad single target but have some really sick damage potential if you want.

Having it just kind of scale up to become better and better while also being pretty sweet on its own basis is just not acceptable.

That said the current version is better than what it was previously
SpoilerShow
yes i know

noone took the tome

which is probably just as well. it doesnt look safe.
(09-10-2013, 06:01 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »[font=tahoma]Black Zenith Balance Patch 1.043136Did i forget something? Im sure i forgot something. Theres probably some sick overpowered something something that still needs nerfing somewhere. You should tell me about it. So i can nerf it. To the ground.

SpoilerShow

GOOD JOB WITH BREAKING TAGS QUOTE BLOCK
Welp

see this is why i cant take time off

also damnit psych you seem to forget that your buffs are better when cast on yourself
(09-10-2013, 07:37 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Also Fury Comet was intended as sorts of a hybrid singletarget and aoe i thought? I mean if you want it to be purely an aoe it can do that but it will then do bad single target but have some really sick damage potential if you want.

Yeah, lets do the pure AoE thing, it would make more sense as a comet anyways. Comets tend to fuck everything pretty badly.

(09-10-2013, 09:32 PM)Psych Wrote: »gosh when do I get the heroic turnaround and rejoin the party already.

You need to have been a part of the party to rejoin the party. Last time I checked the only thing you did was attempt to steal the crystal we found, then ditched so you could steal the next one.
(09-10-2013, 10:59 PM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Welp

see this is why i cant take time off

also damnit psych you seem to forget that your buffs are better when cast on yourself

yeah now i just need a perk to have buffs affect me when I cast them on someone else so we like chain together

also I am usually too busy smashing stuff to buff myself so Fact Seagull

(09-10-2013, 11:23 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »
(09-10-2013, 09:32 PM)Psych Wrote: »gosh when do I get the heroic turnaround and rejoin the party already.

You need to have been a part of the party to rejoin the party. Last time I checked the only thing you did was attempt to steal the crystal we found, then ditched so you could steal the next one.

yeah true i guess

i mean i kind of was so idk like i fought kraine and then took his job
SpoilerShow

As the others start looting, Nos slowly gets up from where he had been and stares across the cavern at the others. Shaking his head, he walks over to them and slams a hand down on the table.

"Shame on you!" He says to the first three to loot; Thunderpaw, Watson, and Savannah. "We're given a mission of world-saving importance or maybe we were just reminded of it there I dunno and the first thing you do after the lecture-y part is look for petty trinkets to take with you? And why? Just because you fought a massive sea-monster to the death in the defense of a total stranger?"

Nos glances towards the remaining gold and one hand is already palming some of the gold towards his pockets.

"Actually that sounds like a pretty good reason. Nevermind."
Savannah rolls her eyes, spotting the ruined tome on the ground and picking it up, examining the damage. "I don't see you doing anything better."
(09-11-2013, 03:26 AM)Dais Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Why are you telling them youd capabilities

isnt that incredibly counterproductive
(shh it's luring them into a false sense of security)
((Why are you telling us that you are doing that

isnt that incredibly counterproductive))

Nos glares at Savannah. "I-" His expression wilts suddenly. "No, no I'm not." He sighs, and starts walking away from the group again.
SpoilerShow
Yea i wanted to adress that in a moment when im not busy wasting my time

but the answer will be no its a giant beast its not exactly likely to carry loot
Cut off sections of its hide. When a monster doesn't hold loot, its skin makes good armor to compensate.
Yea i guess you can do that

Just dont expect to get good results unless someone actually has a backstory mentioning or hinting at that you are totally good at skinning things

(Unless ofcourse you use magic. Magic solves everything.)
The simple workaround for that would be to simply store the hydra in Hammerspace until such a time that we find an armorer skilled in leathercraft.

Because that is entirely feasible.
SpoilerShow

Myra gives up on searching for loose pieces of the Hydra, breathing a heavy sigh. It would have been exciting to feast upon such remains, but she's lost interest in the prospect for now, what with murmurings going on around Thunderpaw across the lake. Gliding over to the shattered and soaked fragments of table and loot, Myra scans the wrecked table and the loot everyone has made off with. Most all of it is broken, she excuses her own slow pickings, and I don't even know how I'd get it restored anyway. Curiosity sated, the ravenfolk returns to the Hydra, and begins to attempt cutting out a hefty amount Hydra meat and hide with the use of spells. Should she succeed, she'll immediately put them in her magical inventory that obviously everyone has, especially a young, magical raven.
Alright so i havent made any rules about inventory space but for now i'll just state that you cannot carry stuff that is, all put together, bigger or heavier than yourself.

Speaking of which, Credit please stop stating that you unequip your armor. Getting out of a suit of armor takes about five minutes. Getting it back on takes even longer. If you wanted to look like a gentleman, you shouldnt have picked it up in the first place.
(09-16-2013, 09:47 AM)chimericWilder Wrote: »Alright so i havent made any rules about inventory space but for now i'll just state that you cannot carry stuff that is, all put together, bigger or heavier than yourself.

(That comment about stashing the hydra was sarcasm, i thought I made that obvious enough ;-;)
thats not preventing me from making up rules

i should stop slacking and get back to work i think