Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
"Aye, I'm not doin too well. Think ye can heal me a bit?"

Thunderpaw tries to find some defensive cover where he can recover his strength without being smashed to pieces.
(( Some quick inquiries, was it Anathema that reflected my attack back on me? What exactly does Anathema do? And would I be able to use my special abilities fine without its interference? ))
Savannah rolls over behind a rock, motioning Thunderpaw over. She taps her healing wand against her palm in frustration before zapping him with it. "There ya go."
(08-08-2013, 05:51 PM)Frolic Wrote: »(( Some quick inquiries, was it Anathema that reflected my attack back on me? What exactly does Anathema do? And would I be able to use my special abilities fine without its interference? ))

I am not going to tell you what things do unless i have an actual reason for doing so (Ie Wits), but that is as good a bet as any. I would like to point out however that special abilities are intended to be these badass extra things you can do where you have your moment of awesome and a lot of mechanics do not screw with them. So, would you like to take the chance?
((Frolic I don't really recommend that you do that though, only because I read most of the beginning of the first thread and all I can say is that they can miss.

Unless it's aimed at yourself. But even then, do you really want the effect to be reduced during the "moment of awesome?"))
Nos, wanting to revel in the power of his spell but interrupted by one of the hydra heads, tries in vain to stop all the magical missiles with his hammer only to be knocked quite a distance back. After a moment or two of a shell-shocked like daze the first thing Nos notices is Thunderpaw backing off, clearly having taken considerable damage himself.

Nos licks a bit of blood on his lip as he watches Thunderpaw for a moment, then his head snaps in an automatic motion towards Bohw, unleashing her Hellbent form. He looks back and forth between her and Thunderpaw for a few seconds until he notices Mayor watching Bohw closely. With a sigh, Nos gets up and licks some more blood off of a cut on his arm before running over to Thunderpaw and pointing back towards the Hydra excitedly (ignoring Savannah as he does so).

"Dude, dude! Don't run away yet! I just became the King of Smashers! As a fellow smashy-type person, you should help me out! Know any good, regal war-like music that we could smash to?" He offers a hand to Thunderpaw, for the Madness Dance, as he points his hammer and a heroic pose towards the Hydra. "'Cuz we could probably knock out all the heads at once or something. Just saying."
SpoilerShow
(08-08-2013, 09:32 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »((Frolic I don't really recommend that you do that though, only because I read most of the beginning of the first thread and all I can say is that they can miss.

There are a lot of different rules i make up and tell noone about. One of them is that healing cannot miss unless you roll a one. And if you do roll a one on a special ability what usually happens is that instead of wasting the ability you just kind of waste your turn but can still use the special.

Quote:Side note, Berserker Burst is still ready? I had intended to burn that on the spell when it went into the orb. Because all power to the smashing and whatnot.

Hm well yes the thing is that berserker burst is kind of treated like a special ability in that sense, it doesnt just activate instantly see just in case you had some evil plan to use it to screw with shit in a particular way or what have you. You could use it along with the madness dance probably in order to guarantee that you will hit something because of its bonus to hit... Buuuuut ofcourse there would also be a fairly good chance that you end up attacking something you dont want to be attacking so theres that.
((uh

my internet was out

and I was bored and couldn't do anything productive like what I should be doing anyway, yet I outright refuse to do because I am the worst kind of person

and by that I mean, because I had no other options to pass the time, I took myself upon the liberty to build on the shipping chart Supernerd once made and turned it into a full on shipping grid. Feel free to do whatever you please with it))
SpoilerShow
...damn, Nos is scary lookin. o-o
SpoilerShow
[[That's hilarious]]
Yes, it is, ahahahahaah.

In other news though, tomorrow will be moving to my new home in some other subdimension of hell. I'd like to make some joke about going in search of unicorns or something, but im afraid im out of time and i need to shut down my computer and get packin'. Please excuse me if i am absent for a little while.
((@Shipping Chart/Blazer: Heehee, Selphy/Mayor and Echo/Nos amuse me. And honestly what's there for Nos is probably more reasonable than either all blank or all mystery pairings. Good use of internet down time.

@chim: Boy, suddenly I feel silly for trying to coincide uptime on Explosive! with the bursts. You were probably wondering why I never used them! Heh. Anyway, since you probably won't read this 'til after the point, hope your move went well!))
I have a phone and i read everything. Nothing escapes my sight.

E: I report a succesful arrival.
By the way Masterblade, you still need to deny or accept Nos' dance invitation.

Oh and Frolic on whether or not to use Winds of Fate or whatever you were planning, anything really
Accept. Effect C.

Stop. Hammer time.

Urf, sorry I'm late making a post.

After the crushing disappointment and frustration of having one's own spell reversed back at them, Myra scans the room to see how everyone's holding up. Not well, but it looks like Thunderpaw and Nos are going to be making a...smashing comeback, judging from the look on Nos' face and the stance they're taking.

Not wanting to waste a good trick up her sleeve, Myra decides to test the waters of her curses by attempting a healing spell on everyone but Mael and Watson. She needs to remove the effects, regardless, but everyone's in too much immediate danger to be removing curses right now.
[Image: darksun1.png]

SpoilerShow

(08-07-2013, 08:40 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »As Watson feels the very life being sucked out of him, he loses his train of thought.

"Was that really necessary?" Watson pleads, not being too fond of magic being used against him.

Watson then remembers what Shanterel told him about pointing the sword in the air for too long. He goes right up to the hydra, as close as possible without falling in the water, and simply points his Greatsword up to the ceiling for awhile, trying to see if anything happens.

If nothing happens, Watson will still have been in a defensive stance a little ways in front of Bohw.

You raise the sword high in a majestic pose. Nothing happens as far as you can tell.

(08-08-2013, 10:39 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »The dark aura finally consumes Bohw her appearance changing to her hellbent form as she rises back to her feet. She doesn't have any time for theatrics however, immediately flying straight into the middle of the fight and raising a hand to conjure a spear of darkness.

"I've had enough!!" She exclaims furiously, glaring down the Baleflame.

Mayor stays right behind Bohw however, sticking to her like a shadow. He does not let the girl out of his sight for a moment, ready to jump her the instant he sees Bohw turn to attack a friend. It pains him to do this but he must remain diligent, Mayor will not hold back to stop her, even if it means the harm of Bohw.

You can hear them - the whispers of demons. Or are those your own thoughts? You cant tell, and you dont care, but you know who did this to you, and you will have your revenge.

As you throw yourself at the Baleflame, screaming your rage and summoning dark powers to your side, you spot an indistinct shape hovering in the mists off to the side, clutching at something small, glowing a greenish hue. The figure looks frail and haunted, and it looks like it is shaking, but you cant tell much else about it as its features are hazy and indistinct at best and completely washed out at worst, though it seems to be relatively short. You dont stop to consider this though - it is an irrelevant detail. Instead, you summon a shadow spear, which you throw at the Baleflame, puncturing its hide with your ray of darkest night, dealing 504 damage (roll 3+8+3+2, crit)!

Mayor readies himself to tackle any bullshit you may decide to come up with in the future, though he is thankful that he doesnt seem to need to do so right now. He can tell that it is a particularly strong bout this time, though (roll 14)(high is bad = 70% insanity). Mayor is ready to handle the next 225 damage thrown at him (roll 18+5+2)

(08-08-2013, 05:57 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah rolls over behind a rock, motioning Thunderpaw over. She taps her healing wand against her palm in frustration before zapping him with it. "There ya go."

He doesnt come over, apparently busy with other stuff for now. Thats fine though your wand will work at a range, so you activate it, pointing it at him! A flash of magic crosses the distance, healing him for 360 health (roll 17+5+2)!

(08-09-2013, 06:42 AM)Dais Wrote: »Nos, wanting to revel in the power of his spell but interrupted by one of the hydra heads, tries in vain to stop all the magical missiles with his hammer only to be knocked quite a distance back. After a moment or two of a shell-shocked like daze the first thing Nos notices is Thunderpaw backing off, clearly having taken considerable damage himself.

Nos licks a bit of blood on his lip as he watches Thunderpaw for a moment, then his head snaps in an automatic motion towards Bohw, unleashing her Hellbent form. He looks back and forth between her and Thunderpaw for a few seconds until he notices Mayor watching Bohw closely. With a sigh, Nos gets up and licks some more blood off of a cut on his arm before running over to Thunderpaw and pointing back towards the Hydra excitedly (ignoring Savannah as he does so).

"Dude, dude! Don't run away yet! I just became the King of Smashers! As a fellow smashy-type person, you should help me out! Know any good, regal war-like music that we could smash to?" He offers a hand to Thunderpaw, for the Madness Dance, as he points his hammer and a heroic pose towards the Hydra. "'Cuz we could probably knock out all the heads at once or something. Just saying."

(08-12-2013, 02:32 PM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Accept. Effect C.

Stop. Hammer time.

SpoilerShow

The world seems to stand still as the two approach, twirling their two hammers as if to some unheard tune. Then, without warning, Nos twirls about in a maddened piroutte, picking Thunderpaw up and launching him at the Baleflame in the same motion. For his part, Thunderpaw, once again launched as a furious furry fusilage, attacking with a barrage of swings and severely devastating the Baleflame's poor face in addition to crushing both its eyes with precise swings.

Meanwhile, Nos continues his dance as he spins up for an attack, swinging his hammer in broad sweeps around him as he advances, building momentum. As Thunderpaw lands beside him and joining in his attack, he swings his hammer with all the might of the demented, striking the side of the Baleflame's neck. Instead of letting the attack stop there, through, Nos shears straight through the flesh of the creature as if he forgot that thats not how hammers work. Nos' hammer is bathed in molten lava, for that is what pours from the Baleflame's wounds. He doesnt care, though, and swings the hammer around again, letting Thunderpaw land his blow and then swinging straight through the remainder of the beasts' neck. Even as the Baleflame succumbs to the lava, its flesh dissolving into the searing stuff, it roars its defiance and anger, then falls forwards, lengthwise, onto the shore, spilling lava everywhere as even more spreads from the remainder of the rapidly disappearing head. Thunderpaw, Nos, Savannah and Watson are the only ones close enough to get spilled on, however Savannah, Thunderpaw and Watson all see it coming from a mile away and step away in time (Hit 6 Vs Defense 9, 10 and 10). Nos, however, is struck by a small patch of falling magma, taking 177 damage. He hardly notices however as the dance moves on, Nos slamming his magma-coated hammer at the weakened Malediction between each step of the dance with Thunderpaw. The Malediction seems unable to take any more, and draws in on itself, huddled up against the pain. It lets out a loud screech before suddenly and violently exploding in a nova of dark chaos energy. The world seems to tear at its seams in the spot where the head was just a moment ago, the air itself rippling unnaturally as if it were water. Strangely enough, noone seems to have been harmed by the explosion.

Unperturbed, Nos and Thunderpaw keep whirling in their mad dance, smashing the Malevolent head time and again. However at this point it doesnt seem very inclined to fight back. In fact, none of the heads do - they only seem to writhe about, hissing pathetically, as if they cant decide whether or not they should attack. The two completely wreck this head aswell.

A total of 1914 damage was dealt (roll 11+5+11+2)!! Nos and Thunderpaw each heal for 670 health.

(08-12-2013, 08:05 PM)Frolic Wrote: »After the crushing disappointment and frustration of having one's own spell reversed back at them, Myra scans the room to see how everyone's holding up. Not well, but it looks like Thunderpaw and Nos are going to be making a...smashing comeback, judging from the look on Nos' face and the stance they're taking.

Not wanting to waste a good trick up her sleeve, Myra decides to test the waters of her curses by attempting a healing spell on everyone but Mael and Watson. She needs to remove the effects, regardless, but everyone's in too much immediate danger to be removing curses right now.

You heal everyone except Mael and Watson for 126 health, for a total of 756 healing done! (roll 14+5+2, Crit)

Nothing bad seems to happen. It doesnt look like the hydra just got healed either.

---

Mael attacks one of the heads for 405 damage (roll 12+4+2, crit)!

The hydra seems completely oblivious to the party trying to destroy it suddenly. It regrows two new heads though.

Suddenly, a flash of light lights up the cavern, coming from the far shore. A person stands there, wearing a thick brown cloak with the hood up and leaning against a gnarled walking staff. How didnt you see him earlier? It could be that the mist has suddenly dispersed.

The stranger shouts from across the water. "My apologies. I should have been here earlier. Enough of this! Sathalan! Down!"

The Hydra looks about in confusion as this is shouted, then starts to retreat into the water.

Suddenly, you feel as if something is watching you.

Stats
SpoilerShow
Thunderpaw grips his head, the chaotic energies from Nos's dance giving him a headache. Upon gazing the stranger, fatigue quickly turned to shock. He sheathed his hammer, walking towards the water's edge.

"So we meet at last... the one from the dream. What a burdened path you have sent us on..."
Savannah pops her head out from behind the rock to see the hydra slinking back into the water. She climbs up onto the rock and shakes her fist at it. "Yeah, go on, git! Ya dirty... lizard... thing..." She scratches the back of her head with her bent healing wand. "Whatever. We won." She jumps down from the rock and walks over to the water's edge, near Thunderpaw. She shouts over to the stranger. "Hey! Is that your hydra? What do you think you're doing, siccing that thing on us?!"
"Yes, and i am sorry for that, and i am afraid that it will be longer yet."

The hydra stops moving, turning its attention on the stranger. In response, he frowns. Not so much in worry as in annoyance. He makes a cutting motion, towards the water.

"Down!"
SpoilerShow

"I am going to kill everyone here!"

While the hydra seems to be subdued, it should be to no-one's surprise Bohw is far from it. Fortunately, being too fixed on preparing another spell, Bohw fails to see the wall to steel jump up from behind her and tackle her to the ground. Mayor tries his best to keep a hold of her, the girl flailing and struggling to break free from the golem's grasp like a spoiled child.

Mayor might need a little help.
As Watson stands there stupidly, trying to urge his sword for all its worth, about ready to DIE at the hands of the hydra.

He is relieved to find the hydra slinking away at the words of a brown-hooded stranger. He is however, unrelieved that the DAMNED SWORD WOULD NOT WORK.

"WORK DAMN YOU", Watson shouts in anger as he hits the ground with the sword a few times. He tires of this and realize that Bohw has gone almost completely mad by this point and wishes to kill everyone here. He goes to help Mayor in restraining her.
"Oh yeah?! Well... well... ugh." Savannah huffs. She walks away, waving her hand at Thunderpaw. "You deal with 'im." She goes over and sits on Bohw's arm, pouting at the fact that she couldn't come up with a good comeback. She does end up holding on with both hands to make sure the girl doesn't throw her off, tossing her sword to the side.
"Ohhh, finally," Myra breathes out, changing to a more lax position. She takes some awkward glances around the area, and while she takes a moment to try and comprehend the meaning of Watson bashing his sword on the ground, her vision inevitably falls upon the Hellbent Bohw. "Woah...Uhh, does...Does that wear off, or can I use a spell to stave off whatever dark powers taking her over?"

Just as that left her mouth, Myra remembers that she has some curses of her own to lift first. Sure, the curses on her might wear off over time, but when has she ever waited around for things to happen, especially when she could make it happen? With no more Hydras raging around threatening the group, Myra quickly dusts herself off before chanting a Curse Removal spell.