We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
rejoice, for soon the canadians shall begin crowdfunding questionable causes of their own design for their own purposes
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Looking forward to Moose Simulator 2K13

In other news, Ripple Dot Zero is a pretty awesome homage to Genesis platformers. While the gameplay is nothing special, the graphics and music are spot-on. Worth playing at least a few levels of.
Yeah, I thought of that too. Not only is it stylistically different from Sonic etc., but it's not technically accurate for a Genesis game. I think you're right that it's more of a general 80s pastiche. Still cool.
Their presskit calls it “fm-funk schmaltz”.

Since the two most obvious influences are from 1989 and 1991, and I don’t know how I was planning on finishing this sentence.
(06-28-2013, 10:38 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Boy I wish I had more to contribute than that.

[USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST]

in other news

SpoilerShow

This looks really cool. I'm not usually a fan of horror games or shooters but I love the aesthetic of this game and it looks like it's going to have some roguelike elements (permadeath, randomized items/enemies/objectives).

There are surprisingly few roguelike horror games (that I know of), which is surprising, since the threat of permanent death can make a game really tense. You'd think more people would put two and two together.
Super mario sunshine is fun, im learning things about it.

Like how you can get at least 45 stars without spending any blue coins, beating the first four levels four times, and beating the sixth three times.

https://db.tt/7eOt0rpQ

However i could have probably collected all of delfino plazas' stars with less if i wasnt insisting on doing levels all in the same manner.

Also what the fuck is wrong with whoever mappwd out thw delfino plaza yoshi star thats 50% waiting and then one long and difficult miniworld. Srsly.
Well, plenty of people fork over painful amounts of money to the cable company for the privilege of getting more channels, only a handful of which don’t have about as many ads as a broadcast channel. So yeah I can imagine that (doesn’t make it right; oh that and TV ads offset the cost of providing the channel, even if the prices are kind of jacked and probably pending a Congressional investigation... somehow I doubt Microsoft needs their software development or network service costs offset).

the fire is dead.

the room is cold.
Oh yeah I need to get around to finishing that game. I think I got pretty close to the endgame before I kinda stopped :L
If it was close to the ending, that’s an okay place to stop. After such a nice experience the actual ending does not deliver.
am i supposed to be reading the narration in logan cunningham's voice
Sure, if you want. That’s kind of what my narrating voice sounds like to me (thanks to bass-enhancing skull sound transmission). Not to other people, though. In my dream I am the movie trailer guy. It’s me.

edit: Looks like they can do some kinds of desensitization therapy with the help of VR (Well, I had some idea they were using game-ish technology this way, I just forgot.)
I still only have Mario Kart for my 3DS and on that note I made an Eagle Time community on there.
Community code is 06-7817-7165-3436

i don't even know how many people have mario kart 7 for 3ds or would even still be up for playing it but HERE WE ARE
i do and thank you
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
The only multiplayer 3DS game I have at the moment is Animal Crossing.
I never bought a 3ds, but idk if it's worth it, considering the only games I'd want are Fire Emblem Dating Simulator Edition and possibly the mobile version of Smash U
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
My 3DS got here literally just today, so I'll be running around getting friend codes later this afternoon. (Animal Crossing is still in the post and will be here in about four days.)

Anything else I should get? I'm planning on grabbing Pokemon Y and Fire Emblem, maybe whatever new Zelda comes out if it looks good.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Finally finished Dishonored, went onto wiki in search of loose ends and
{serious actual spoilers}
SpoilerShow
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
Okay, I've got my 3DS up and running now. No non-default games yet.

My friend code's 4742-5624-4111 for those as want it.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
in other news

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Kid Icarus Uprising. Always.
Double Fine Adventure / Broken Age: D’oh!

The gist of it is that somehow it turns out they need more funding to finish, and they’re turning to Steam Early Access to provide it, an eyebrow-raising move if you will recall they got about $3.3 million for an estimated budget of $400K and haven’t been paying much attention to the project otherwise.

If you are familiar with the shaky relationship between the risky nature of creative development and restrictive nature of budgets, though, that’s probably not the surprise, so much as why anyone would risk coming close to that when there is no publisher you can go to to beg for more.
Tim Schafer claims he's incapable of making a small-scale game - okay, fair, but than why did he only ask for $400K? If he knew from the beginning that the project was gonna go over budget, that's poor planning at best and straight-up dishonesty at worst.

Bleh.

I mean, I still like him as a developer, but this is a questionable business move.
And soon, the white and grey terror that represents all the unpleasant truths in this world will descend, and gaze upon us all with a withering stare that plainly says "See what I'm saying about kickstarter yo" but the yo is ironic
(07-04-2013, 01:47 AM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »And soon, the white and grey terror that represents all the unpleasant truths in this world will descend, and gaze upon us all with a withering stare that plainly says "See what I'm saying about kickstarter yo" but the yo is ironic
i thought wheat generally drew in yellows and browns tho

he's the Master of Mustard
Reminds me of a rant my film study teacher went on about how talkies set back the visual possibilities of movies for years, quite possibly decades. Voices ruined my vidya, too.

(also, I love me a good attract sequence and I wish more games these days would just freaking have them)