Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Savannah watches the others chase that ghost thing to the chasm entrance and turns to Watson. "I mean, I guess we should. You go ahead first and tell them I found the magic draining thing. I'm gonna see if I can... turn it off or something."
You poke a bit around with it but you have no idea what you are doing without your magic, and your magical knowledge tells you that ordinarily, magical objects are activated with a mental command, with a simple gesture, or with a command word. The former would not work in this case and, if it is activated by either of the other options, you do not happen to know neither gesture nor word.
Watson nods and runs after the group.

"This is a little childish, isn't it? You should all take a gander at what Savannah has found instead!" Watson yells, while sprinting. "It siphons magic! P'raps we can use it on this apparition at a later time!"
Myra is only vaguely aware of what is going on with the others, as she has taken to checking around the eastern entrance. No one is paying attention to this particular entrance, and she wants to see it before she decides to follow Bohw immediately or not.

EDIT: Changed the spot Myra's checking out to the eastern entrance. The one no one's been looking at.
(06-18-2013, 06:12 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra is only vaguely aware of what is going on with the others, as she has taken to checking around the northernmost, center entrance. No one is paying attention to this particular entrance, and she wants to see it before she decides to follow Bohw immediately or not.

Psssst thats the entrance to the cavern place thing which everyone is poking around with
OTL I thought people were talking about the east entrance. Brilliant. I'll edit my post so that she's checking out the east one, then. I'd like to put it on record that I've never been good with directions or the like. Thanks for pointing it out to me, Chim. Melonspa
You fly a short distance down the corridor, before spotting the incorporeal visage of a ghostly maiden. As you draw closer, she stretches out a hand towards the room from which you came. Ever so softly, she whispers "... My diadem..."
Myra cocks her head, and hovers in the air for a moment. Should just just dart to Savannah to tell her of this?
...Eh, questions first, actions later. Having decided to how go about this, she asks, "Diadem? You mean that crown thing back there? It's yours? And are you a ghost?"
"Yess, my diadem, return it to me!" She answers, rather bluntly.
alright so i only have one exam remaining now. Once it is over and i am free you'll get to see whats in the cavern room, i'd suggest being ready to get in there by the 25th or so. Or dont, thats fine too.
Myra takes a moment to make a note of whether or not there is a path down this corridor, ghostly lady aside. After seeing if the corridor goes on past the ghost, the ravenfolk replies to the ghost lady, "...Hmm, I'll see if I can find it again. Wish me luck, Ghosty; I'll return should I see it again!" and glides back into the big oval room once again.
What? It didn't happen like that? Of course it did, as far as that ghost is concerned! Nevertheless, Myra returns to Savannah and informs her, "Hey, I found a ghost down that eastern corridor! Apparently, she's looking for her diadem that you now have. I don't know if the ghost maiden is a vengeful type, and I can return it to her for you if you'd prefer that...but you're the one holding the diadem, so...Do whatever you will!"
Aye the corridor does continue down that passage. You dont know for how long as there was no light in that direction.

Also i am now freeeeeeeeee.
Savannah looks over at Myra, taking the diadem off of her head. "Eh? Some ghost lost her diadem, which so happens to be this one?" She looks over the shiny metal for a little bit, turning it over in her hands. While it was probably the fanciest thing she'd ever seen, she didn't too much fancy the lack of magic it brought. "...Yeah alright. I'll give it to her."

Savannah follows Myra over to the eastern corridor, loosely gripping the diadem in her hand. "Hey ghost lady! I found your crown thing!"
SpoilerShow
yay thanks

(06-25-2013, 06:11 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah looks over at Myra, taking the diadem off of her head. "Eh? Some ghost lost her diadem, which so happens to be this one?" She looks over the shiny metal for a little bit, turning it over in her hands. While it was probably the fanciest thing she'd ever seen, she didn't too much fancy the lack of magic it brought. "...Yeah alright. I'll give it to her."

Savannah follows Myra over to the eastern corridor, loosely gripping the diadem in her hand. "Hey ghost lady! I found your crown thing!"

The moment you climb up out of the alcove and take a few steps away, your magic returns. Apparently the diadem wasnt causing it, then. Do you still go to hand it over?

Also what are you saying, an actual update? No shhhhh i am being lazy. Tell noone.
Savannah stops after taking a few steps from the alcove. What little magic she had before just returned to her. Which means the diadem isn't what was causing the magic sapping. She carefully places the diadem back on her head. She'd give it back. Just... she'd do it later. Yeah.

Savannah jogs quickly, catching up to the others. "Hey guys! Look what I found! Watson probably told you about it, but it's actually not the thing sapping everyone's magic. Just uh... remind me to take it back later. Alright?"
"If it's not what saps us, why put it back? It might be useful!" Watson says as he jogs.
The party moves through a short, rocky tunnel until they emerge in a large, open cavern. The sound of dripping water becomes more audible as the source is revealed to be an underground basin of water, the rocky floor dropping away a third into the cavern. Dark, still water bars your way further into the cave, which is unfortunate as on the far shore you can clearly see a dim source of light. That light, aswell as the illumination carried by the party, lights up the mist that seems to be wafting from the small, still lake, giving the a mysterious and ominous cast.

Also it looks somewhat like this that might be relevant

SpoilerShow

Meanwhile in the previous room, the ghost emerges from her corridor, her ghostly moans making her lamentations clear to those listening.

(yea so i tried to draw another map several times but appearantly my artistic ability does not involve drawing any kind of shape that is more advanced than a simple square)
(also i would like confirmation on whether or not anyone at all stays behind)
The eyes of light in Mayor's head narrow to show some expression of annoyance, he doesn't have the time for this crap and decides to play lifeguard duty. He tests the water and begins wading through the water without any hesitation, trying to figure out how deep the lake is and if there is anything trying to eat him, someone has to do it so it might as be the only party member here who couldn't drown even if he tried.
Nos watches Mayor from the shore impatiently. It occurs to him that he doesn't feel like getting wet at the moment, which quickly grows to a powerful need to avoid the water. But he still really wants to chase that... whatever it was before. The ghosty thing? No, it was a misty thing. Anyway, he still really wants to chase it. So he stares at Mayor, contemplating whether or not he could actually get a piggyback ride from the golem.

"Signs point to.... no."
Savannah nervously fiddles with the diadem. She'd heard stories and stuff about how ghosts took away little children and whatever. But those were all made up... right? And even if they were true, she wasn't a child. And all of these adventurers were here too, so she'd be fine. Still, she could hear something coming from the tunnel they just came from, and it was honestly freaking her out.

She watches Mayor wade out into the water and takes a few steps forward, putting Watson between her and the tunnel. She clears her throat and turns to look out over the water, talking to calm herself. "So uh... I guess this is the way out."
Myra flies ahead of Savannah into the cavern where the rest of the party was. She was busy taking in the scenery until she heard the splashing of Mayor walking into the water. Myra caws in surprise, but quickly gets to investigating the cavern, searching for traps of both man-made and magical varieties, as well as any other details that pop out.
The ghost situation still worries her, but as far as this young ravenfolk is concerned, the diadem is Savannah's to do with as she pleases. Nonetheless, Myra keeps one eye on Savannah in case assistance is needed.
"Yeah probably. I unno, that glow kinda looks familiar to the treasure we found in that damned mountain fort... might be an exit or it might be just what we're looking for."

Bohw scratches the side of her head, her tail perking up as she looks around with some kind of curiosity, she still thinks she should of alerted the soldiers outside with a room that big in there. Thinking back however, she can't help but feel like she is forgetting something.

"Oy, didn't Shanterickwhatsit, didn't he say there was someone in here who told him we would be there, right? And didn't he say he was outside or something?"
[Image: darksun1.png]

As Savannah and Myra step into the room, Mayor moves to wade into the water.

However, at just that instant, part of the light mist takes shape and floats up in front of him, little more than a vague ball-shape "I really wouldnt do that if i were you." It says.

"I've been wondering...

Are you, or are you not, whom i await? We'll know soon enough. HeeeahahHAHAhahehaHAh!"

The form drifts away to the far shore, and the entire mist seems to follow it, leaving the rest of the room clearer. The cavern trembles ominously, and the water churns with waves as something massive moves beneath the surface. Without warning, it bursts from the surface, roaring its rage at the intruders! Mayor is knocked back, tumbling across the stone floor before coming to a rest and getting back on his feet, ready to fight.

SpoilerShow

[Image: rhw.png]

[Image: 640x484_450_Hydra_vs_Monk_2d_creature_hy...al_art.jpg]

Stats
SpoilerShow
(Oh hell yes.)

Bohw snarls and raises her new weapon, at least she knows that the treasure is here now, nothing guards an empty room. She ignores the beast's taunting shouts an order.

"Focus your attacks! Everyone attack the same target!"

She then shoots an arrow at the Wrathful-looking-head, hoping the others get the message that it should be their focus. Mayor bolts forwards into a charge, across the water and leaping at the Wrathful Head, punching the beast right in it's jaw with all he's got!