We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Why buy a shoddy, heavy product such as that when you could have a freshly produced Dave's Genuine K-1 Suppression System™ with standard Soundpro™ Insulation that guarantees that you'll never accidentally order 12 pizzas again, or those pizzas are on us!* All of our quality security solutions are made from the finest refurbished cloth that our trusty fire department trusted to protect us back in the good ol days when men were men. Inquire at:

555-218✄
Honest Dave's Fine Products Inc.
123 Fake Drive
Luray, VA 22835

Call now and ask about our special Asbest™-o-matic Edition, available in camouflage print for a limited time only!

*offer good for qualifying universes
(05-24-2013, 09:56 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »The Kinect 2 will impose DRM if it detects more people in the room than you have paid to license your game's content to

I - jgh - wha -

this defies parody
The Xbox PanopticOne: Always ready to play! ALWAYS.

Man, I usually like Kuchera, but that is weak.

also:

Quote:So you go buy Forza, you bring it home, is everyone who has an account on that box able to play it? “As far as I know the answer is yes. The answer is yes,” Microsoft’s Matt Booty told me

hee hee
Not being able to fathom how people can be excited by Oculus Rift seems to show just a complete inabliity to fathom
Pesky Kinect discriminating against your large gatherings? With Honest Dave's newest product, the solution is just a few steps away! While Kinect says there can only be one, the Camovision One™ ensures that it only SEES one person by merging all of the biosignatures of your friends, family, and loved ones with our ingenious, patent-pending technology. Simply place as many square feet panels of our Lifescramble™ powered tiles on the wall in front of your device, then watch as it only perceives your group as you, the account holder! These babies are only made of the finest synthetics* created under high heat and pressure conditions, ensuring that it will last for years to come, and exposure to the Camovision One™ is safe for children, pets, and even the elderly. However, due to the circumstances under which these products were created, we only have a limited supply available, so get yours today before they're all gone!

*materials may contain trace elements of radiation and the soul shadows of baby orphans
Long gif inside.
SpoilerShow

(05-24-2013, 09:56 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Microsoft aims to sell more than 1,000,000,000 consoles, claims perpetual growth
We hold the used market ransom with... one BILLION consoles.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
I'm glad Microsoft is going down the shitter.

Extremely late response:

(05-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »E: Hey Ed. This is cool.

Wow yes, it is pretty cool. I knew most of the little trivia in the video already but i didn't know the idea came from a U.S. designer, it makes a lot of sense since such a clash of cultures always seemed so strange and out of nowhere. Interesting bit about Felicia, i guess that explains why she's so neko-neko kawaii.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Wii U Sales Boost Following Xbox One Reveal

Ha

Ha ha ha

Ha.

e: well at least something good came out of it.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'm somewhere between shock and a desire to laugh really, really hard about this

GUESS STEAM BOX BEST CONSOLE...

also E3 in about what. two weeks? let's see if they can save it...

(Spoiler: they can't)
The only currently advertised Steam Box is far from the best console because it's an overpriced chrome cube that won't even perform that well
it's not even official beyond licensing steam compatibility

the state of the actual steam box is unknown due to hidden valve politics
im probably going to get a wii u when i can play a bunch of games with this british dude who cant play video games all on his own because of the allure of the internet just like me

i dont know what we'll get on it but by the time it happens most of the things i want right now will probably be out like wonderful 101
(05-26-2013, 08:54 PM)Red709 Wrote: »GUESS STEAM BOX BEST CONSOLE...

do I have to start typing <joke>JOKE HERE</joke> or something

I don't really have any big desires for consoles right now, I have a PC that I can upgrade if I want :p

steambox would literally be pointless, considering I don't even plan on having a TV for a while after I first move out

e: wait you were boycotting platinum over bayonetta?

ee: also I'm not shitting on wii u, I'm just wary because I've had a Wii since almost launch and... haha well we all know how the WII turned out
Out of the next gen hardware wise, only the PS4 sounds exciting to me, and that’s only on paper. So did the PS3, by the way, but that was before it became apparent you would not be allowed to do exciting things with it unless you were a dead serious PS3 dev, and before they took out some of the neater functionality (EEGS, OtherOS...). It is clear that all three do not have my gaming/development interests in mind—or to apply Hanlon’s law, they lack a clear direction that would steer it this way.

So yeah it’s not like I was exactly holding my breath last time around, but I’m definitely 100% hype-free this time. All this means for me is that my stalwart desktop won’t be getting console port hand-me-downs for much longer.
(04-19-2013, 03:00 AM)btp Wrote: »I'm thinking on one of our down days for testing, I can give an impromptu lecture on the physics behind videogames, and let the kids in my class play WiiU 5 at a time.

This turned out to be a thing. Pretty fun actually! I gave a little handout talking about accelorometers, wireless communication and simple game physics, and then just let the kids switch through nintendoland games.

One thing the WiiU excels at is party games, which is exactly what I was looking for in a new counsel. Get 2 or more people in a room and it will keep them all engaged for a while. I'm actually pretty excited for the next Warioware. It looks like it will keep the frantic/unique pacing of the previous versions, which, again, makes for solid party games.
(05-27-2013, 03:01 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(05-27-2013, 01:42 AM)Red709 Wrote: »haha well we all know how WWII turned out

The wii-u should have been called wiiII. Just add more i's. For more magic money success subscribe to my tweet access account #twiitter

put a lowercase i in front and we've got a deal, parker
Theres a new Humble Bundle.

It has Awesomenauts which is an awesome (hurr hurr) multiplayer platformer + babies first moba.

best thing in the bundle imho.
It also has Dear Esther, Thomas was alone, capsized and little inferno.
And proteus/hotline miami for beating the average
Kirby Air Ride was very fun and a very neat idea, but it was sadly lacking in terms of actual content. I mean, I loved playing the City Trial, but the only thing you can do really is chip away at a big list of checkmarks. Or compete amongst friends. I suppose that's the very definition of a multiplayer game. Hmm.

Yeah, I'm a single player guy.

Oh and re: the extremely narrow focus on games, that has always been a bit disappointing, because I really would have liked to know which games stand out from the bunch of generic FPS or JRPGs or other such games that can be described as a single acronym as being a truly unique and compelling experience. At this point, the market is a little bit saturated, such that I'm beginning to lose my enthusiasm for gaming. Literally none of the games released in the past few months have interested me, because they're all so same-y.

e: it's likely I'm just not looking hard enough.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I borrowed Air Ride from a friend a while ago. I liked it.
I liked the um... white glidy star and the dark shadowy glidy star.
I just really liked gliding everywhere.

I'm not actually very good at racing games.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Wing Star and Shadow Star and Box Star

And, uh

Wheelie Scooter...
I think I always liked the pink, slidey star

I mean, of course I liked Wing Star and Shadow Star and especially Shadow Star, what with them being actually the best but the slidey star was just fun
Pipsy, the mouse with top accel and turning. Or Diddy Kong because he’s a monkey.
To add to what Supes said: KAR is a great, easy-to-learn multiplayer game. KAR, Super Smash Bros. and Worms were like the only games that me and my friends played in middle school.

I remember getting actually pissed when someone else got the Shadow Star in City Trial mode. That thing is so broken haha

More racing games need to have a mode like City Trial - it's really unique and the best part of the game IMO.
Yeah i think it's pretty novel in that regard, what other racing game doesn't have a GP?

My favourite ride is the Swerve Star, it's so precise.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Fuck stars, Dedede for life.
Amusing anecdote time: my friend and I were free riding in the city both as Dedede when we both somehow managed to destroy our "stars." We discovered that Dedede cannot walk normally when destroyed but can only lightly twitch in the general direction you want to go. We spent the next half hour playing epic music while our Dededes slowly twitched toward each other in the slowest game of chicken in history.